• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Method to balance intelligent heroes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Right, I'd like some opinions on this little concoction of mine. I'm trying to balance out intelligence-based heroes in the long run by making intelligence add damage to spells and offer damage negation from spells cast on it.

• Events
    • Unit - A unit enters (Entire map)
  • Conditions
    • ((Entering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
  • Actions
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Intelligence of (Entering unit) (Exclude bonuses)) Greater than (Strength of (Entering unit) (Exclude bonuses))
        • ((Intelligence of (Entering unit) (Exclude bonuses)) Greater than (Agility of (Entering unit) (Exclude bonuses))) and ((Intelligence of (Entering unit) (Exclude bonuses)) Greater than (Strength of (Entering unit) (Exclude bonuses)))
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit Group - Add (Entering unit) to Intel_Heros
      • Else - Actions
        • Do nothing
This adds the heroes to the group that I can now do this for:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • ((Target unit of ability being cast) is in Intel_Heros) Equal to True
  • Actions
      • If - Conditions
        • (((Target unit of ability being cast) is in Intel_Heros) Equal to True) and (((Integer((Damage taken))) - (Intelligence of (Target unit of ability being cast) (Include bonuses))) Less than or equal to 0)
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + (Damage taken))
      • Else - Actions
        • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) - ((Damage taken) - (Real((Intelligence of (Target unit of ability being cast) (Include bonuses))))))

Then I added a method to add damage to spells:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
  • Actions
      • If - Conditions
        • ((Casting unit) is in Intel_Heros) Equal to True
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing ((Real((Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 1.50) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Else - Actions
        • Do nothing
Anyone see any problems? Would really appreciate some feedback.

Level 3
Damn, I was hoping that the "trigger of spell being cast" also applied to non-unit casts like war-stomp. Any ideas on how to fix this then?

Status
Not open for further replies.