• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Recall Ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello guys, I'm asking if what base spell is similar to Recall ability that is in League of Legends, where if you use that ability, you will channel for a duration, then teleports instantly in the starting point. I also saw the same in DotA but I can't remember what version it is. Like when, you use the Scroll of Town Portal, you don't have to choose where you teleport, but it will instantly select the starting point. How can I do that?

Level 24
Wanna know a way i made when i wanted to make a LoL map?

Similar to what WaterKnight said but then without triggers:

- It allows you to do non-action stuff like learning abilities or stuff but when you attack, move, etc you will stop the casting.
- The trigger part is as short as possible.
- There are no glitches

You make an ability based of Channel. (Recall)
Set these values:
DataE1 - Disable Other Abilities (Ncl5) - false
DataA1 - Follow Through Time (Ncl1) - 8 seconds (Recall Time)
DataC1 - Options (Ncl3) - Visible

Then make a Trigger:
  • Recall
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Recall
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move (Casting unit) instantly to (Position of Keep 0019 <gen>)
I move it to a building but you can check the player and send it to any place you want so it will fit in your map.

Level 2
I have a recall ability on a map i made. set roar as a base ability or any ability that dont have targets then set the casting time to 8 seconds make all effects of the ability zero.
i used two triggers
first trigger is when a unit casts an ability.
a floating text will appear "Recalling"
The second one is When a unit starts an effect of an ability.(after the 8 seconds casting time)
move unit to spawnpointplayer[player number of owner of triggering unit ]
spawnpoints are variables i set at initialization .
create special effects
pan camera

My recall is somewhat decent.

Sorry for bumping a week old thread but i hope this helps.

Last edited:
Level 24
You do notice that you lose control of your unit while it is casting a spell, do you?

I never use casting time unless it is an ability where you shouldnt be able to cancel it.
I always use the follow through time and let a dummy cast the original spell or do it all with triggers.

Next to that, if the unit already has roar, berserk, devine shield, defend and all other spells that are instant cast. Then you will have a big problem because you cannot use multiple spells of the same base-id on the same unit.
Channel on the other hand is able to change that base-id.

But it all depends on what you want and what you need ;)

Level 2
Youre right . But there are lots of ability that you can use to base recall.
and you can stop the recall when casting you just have to order unit to Stop.
I have no problem with my Recall skill but there are many more ways of creating a Recall ability this is just one of 1 million ways.
:ogre_haosis:

Level 5
Quick...before this thing dies! :) I think this solves things. It's complete apart from the fact that taking damage/spells won't cancel it (but that's for another day).
You need 2 things.
  1. 1st a visual indicator - Progress Bar (I set the animation speed to 14.3% so that bar filling takes 7s).
  2. 2nd Channel ability

attachment.php
Now the Triggers. I set begin cast as follow-through time is duration of spell but can be cancelled like a channelling spell. The trigger check - "Finishes casting" distinguishes between "Stop casting" which means if someone interrupted you, your hero won't recall until you completed the 7s Recall follow-through time. Don't use casting time as it will make your unit unable to cancel it.

• Recall Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Recall [B]
      • (Unit-type of DummyBar[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to No unit-type
    • Actions
      • Set Player_Num = (Player number of (Triggering player))
      • Set Temp_Point_Recall[Player_Num] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Progress Bar (Dummy) for (Triggering player) at Temp_Point_Recall[Player_Num] facing 270.00 degrees
      • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s animation speed to 14.30% of its original speed
      • Set DummyBar[Player_Num] = (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point_Recall[udg_Player_Num])
  • Recall Stop
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Stops casting an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Change color of DummyBar[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] to Red
      • Animation - Change DummyBar[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]'s animation speed to 0.00% of its original speed
      • Animation - Change DummyBar[(Player number of (Triggering player))]'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 35.00%, 35.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Unit - Kill DummyBar[(Player number of (Triggering player))]
      • Set DummyBar[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = No unit
  • Recall Finish
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • DummyBar[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Not equal to No unit
    • Actions
      • Set Player_Num = (Player number of (Triggering player))
      • Unit - Change color of DummyBar[Player_Num] to Light Blue
      • Animation - Change DummyBar[Player_Num]'s animation speed to 0.00% of its original speed
      • Animation - Change DummyBar[Player_Num]'s vertex coloring to (75.00%, 75.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Unit - Kill DummyBar[Player_Num]
      • Set Temp_Point_Recall[Player_Num] = ((Triggering player) start location)
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to Temp_Point_Recall[Player_Num]
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Triggering player) to Temp_Point_Recall[Player_Num] over 0.10 seconds
      • Set DummyBar[Player_Num] = No unit
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point_Recall[udg_Player_Num])

Attachments

• MAW 2.w3x
    7.8 MB · Views: 114
  • Recall - Channel.png
    Recall - Channel.png
    370.7 KB · Views: 366
Next to that, if the unit already has roar, berserk, devine shield, defend and all other spells that are instant cast.
This. (Use Triggering Unit over Casting Unit by the way)

@EyeCandy don't give Instant spells targeted IDs, you have to be able to order heroes via triggers to use them (in case there's AI).

Status
Not open for further replies.