• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The more ideas, the better!!!

Level 6
What item ideas do you have? I kept thinking and I have some ideas that I implemented. the more ideas, the better, an extra idea never hurts :D if you have ideas related to heroes, don't hesitate to tell me :D

Map information:
15 levels of zombies that walk almost all over the map. except for a small space in the middle. that space is your base!
At each lvl there are 360 zombies + 1 general.
If you die, you die for good.
You choose your hero from the tavern and he automatically takes you to your base. monsters cannot enter the base. it is a kind of save zone.
In the respective base you have the teleport that teleports you to certain points on the map, to make it easier for you. each hero starts with an ability to teleport to the base. just like the recall from league of legends. You have several places where there is grass where you can hide from enemies and you can teleport alone because no one sees you. In the base there are also some shops where you can buy items.

What item ideas do you have? I kept thinking and I have some ideas that I implemented. the more ideas, the better, an extra idea never hurts :D if you have ideas related to heroes, don't hesitate to tell me :D

Map information:
15 levels of zombies that walk almost all over the map. except for a small space in the middle. that space is your base!
At each lvl there are 360 zombies + 1 general.
If you die, you die for good.
You choose your hero from the tavern and he automatically takes you to your base. monsters cannot enter the base. it is a kind of save zone.
In the respective base you have the teleport that teleports you to certain points on the map, to make it easier for you. each hero starts with an ability to teleport to the base. just like the recall from league of legends. You have several places where there is grass where you can hide from enemies and you can teleport alone because no one sees you. In the base there are also some shops where you can buy items.
I like ideas that noticeably effects your gameplay, such as
  • After staying within 200 unit radius for 5 seconds, gain X armor and Y hp/s regeneration while staying in that area
    • You must stay within small radius, hopefully indicated by a special effect, to get good bonus.
  • Every attack, gain +1 damage until you have not attacked for 4 seconds.
    • Must keep attacks going to stack up huge bonus damage. If you kite for too long without attacking, bonus is lost.
  • After not taking damage for 10 seconds, gain 80% damage reduction for 2 seconds when taking damage.
    • Encourages good kiting and to avoid damage.
  • Every 100 units moved gives 1 stack. When above 10 stacks, next attacks damage is increased by XX%.
    • Need to keep moving to get bonus!
  • Having not attacked for 10 seconds empowers your next attack to also deal 66% of the attack's damage over 5 seconds.
    • Synergy with the movement above, anti-synergy with the "every attack" above.
This might be too complex, but I like these kind of items. They should probably give some "basic stats" too (such as damage, hp, armor, str etc.)

Level 11
I was working on a Zombie Defense map once. There's a few items I used there that might be good, but I'll have to look back on it tomorrow since its been a while. One item I do remember is this:

- Radar: The use of this was to detect "Evolving" Zombies (Zombies that would turn into something else upon death, like in Resident Evil). It would basically create an effect around them that would alert you that it would evolve. Could also potentially reveal invisible units.

Also could I know the theme? Is this like a Modern setting?

Edit: Turns out all the other items I had were generic guns and ammo. Nothing more to add.

Last edited:
Level 6
This is what the map looks like. I still have work to do!

My map.png

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Scorch Stone: Every 3rd spell cast with a cooldown greater than 5.00 seconds triggers a fire nova around the Hero setting enemies on fire for X seconds, dealing Y damage per second, and causing lesser enemies to run a short distance away from you. Multiple Scorch Stones do not stack. "Ahh it burns!"

Gladiator's Glory: Upon killing an enemy unit with a high enough Level or Max HP, gain a buff for X seconds increasing Movement Speed by Y% and Attack Rate by Z%. (You can use Bloodlust for this).

Deceiver's Cloak: Upon reaching low HP, burst into a cloud of smoke, granting invisibility for X seconds and leaving behind a smoke cloud which reduces enemy hit chance by Y% in a small radius for Z seconds. This has a long shared cooldown.

Goblin Flare: Upon activating, destroy the Goblin Flare, put other Goblin Flares on cooldown, and call in a Goblin Zeppelin to hitch a ride to safety.

(This summons a Locusted Goblin Zeppelin in the center of the map which is ordered to Move to your current position. Once it reaches there, you may activate Recall to board the Zeppelin, which actually Hides your Hero and pretends to "load" you. Then once the Zeppelin reaches home it "unloads" you, but really you just teleport the Hero to safety and Unhide it. Or maybe the Zeppelin is Invulnerable and you can right click it to "load" yourself on it. Perhaps even allies can join you.)

Last edited: