• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

special effect still remain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hello, i have another problem now. I want to create an ability similar to the recall one, or scroll of tp, i made a custom ability, and it works. When the ability is being cast the hero start channeling and after 5seconds the is teleported to a point, but the special effect i create on him doesnt go away. The effect is the mass teleport point one. I tried to create the effect via trigger but even with the action remove last created effect, the effect still remain on the unit. Why? can someone explain me?
Thank you

Level 11
Well, what you could do is instead of using the 'Create Special Effect', you could try making an ability based off of Sphere and then add/remove that ability to show/remove a special effect. Just give the custom Sphere ability the special effect that you want and change the attachment point. Otherwise, instead of attaching the special effect to him, create it at his position (make sure to use a temp point to remove the leak).

Level 9
Well, what you could do is instead of using the 'Create Special Effect', you could try making an ability based off of Sphere and then add/remove that ability to show/remove a special effect. Just give the custom Sphere ability the special effect that you want and change the attachment point. Otherwise, instead of attaching the special effect to him, create it at his position (make sure to use a temp point to remove the leak).

thank you i will try that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.