• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Special Effect Height

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is there a way to set a special effects height?

These don't seem to work
  • Special Effect - Set Position - Z of (Last created special effect) to 400.00
  • Special Effect - Set Height of (Last created special effect) to: 400.00

This works on a dummy unit but does it leak a point?
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl

Setting special effect height only works from default ground level so any terrain height will not elevate your special effect. Which means a mountain that has a peak over 400 Z position will make the special effect appear underground. At least it was this way last I checked.

Also you need to create the special effect at a point to elevate it.

I suggest you create a flying dummy unit with a max/min flying hight of 400 and make a special effect attached to the origin point.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Setting special effect height only works from default ground level so any terrain height will not elevate your special effect. Which means a mountain that has a peak over 400 Z position will make the special effect appear underground. At least it was this way last I checked.

Also you need to create the special effect at a point to elevate it.

I suggest you create a flying dummy unit with a max/min flying hight of 400 and make a special effect attached to the origin point.
Using GetLocationZ to offset the effect should be safe in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.