• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Slow Motion Special Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
As title, how to create a slow motion special effect? I tried with this trigger :

• Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Last created unit) using Abilities\Weapons\LordofFlameMissile\LordofFlameMissile.mdl
    • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s animation speed to 0.00% of its original speed
The unit's animation freeze, but the special effect remain unchanged. Do I miss something? (Ignore leak please)

Level 25
You only set the animation speed of the unit, not the special effect. From what I know you can't set animation speed of specialeffects, you'd either have to load it up in an model editor or create a custom unit with the special effect model, slowed down like you do for your unit.

Level 11
According to your inference, i would need various of dummy unit with different model to achieve my desired slow motion "special effect" That would be a bad way if really only has to use this method to get the effect. Anywhere, thanks for help. (Although i already figured out this solution before i post, but i wonder got other/better solution?)

Status
Not open for further replies.