• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

quick blades to MUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
does anyone know how to make this spell MUI? cant get it to work. and ive readed some torials, but i cant even find out if i can use only this trigger or make 2 seperate triggers (like all knockback(loop) spells got)
+rep!

• Quick Blades
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Quick Blades
    • Actions
      • Set QuikBlades_UnitVarCaster9 = (Triggering unit)
      • Set QuikBlades_UnitVarTarget7 = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Wait 0.01 game-time seconds
      • Unit - Make QuikBlades_UnitVarCaster9 Invulnerable
      • Unit - Pause QuikBlades_UnitVarCaster9
      • Animation - Change QuikBlades_UnitVarCaster9's animation speed to 200.00% of its original speed
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand, right of QuikBlades_UnitVarCaster9 using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\SpiritOfVengeance\SpiritOfVengeanceBirthMissile.mdl
      • Set QuikBlades_SpecialEffect2[6] = (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand, left of QuikBlades_UnitVarCaster9 using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\SpiritOfVengeance\SpiritOfVengeanceBirthMissile.mdl
      • Set QuikBlades_SpecialEffect2[7] = (Last created special effect)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Wait 0.15 seconds
          • Animation - Play QuikBlades_UnitVarCaster9's attack animation
          • Set QuikBlades_TempLoc41 = (Position of QuikBlades_UnitVarTarget7)
          • Set QuikBlades_TempLoc42 = (Random point in (Region centered at QuikBlades_TempLoc41 with size (80.00, 80.00)))
          • Unit - Make QuikBlades_UnitVarCaster9 face QuikBlades_UnitVarTarget7 over 0.00 seconds
          • Unit - Move QuikBlades_UnitVarCaster9 instantly to QuikBlades_TempLoc42, facing QuikBlades_TempLoc41
          • Unit - Cause QuikBlades_UnitVarCaster9 to damage QuikBlades_UnitVarTarget7, dealing (30.00 x (Real((Level of Quick Blades for QuikBlades_UnitVarCaster9)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of QuikBlades_UnitVarCaster9 using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkCaster.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of QuikBlades_UnitVarTarget7 using Abilities\Weapons\ZigguratMissile\ZigguratMissile.mdl
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Life of QuikBlades_UnitVarTarget7) Less than 50.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Animation - Play QuikBlades_UnitVarCaster9's attack animation
              • Unit - Pause QuikBlades_UnitVarTarget7
              • Animation - Change QuikBlades_UnitVarCaster9's animation speed to 25.00% of its original speed
              • Animation - Change QuikBlades_UnitVarTarget7's animation speed to 25.00% of its original speed
              • Wait 1.85 game-time seconds
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the head of QuikBlades_UnitVarTarget7 using Abilities\Spells\Other\Stampede\StampedeMissileDeath.mdl
              • Unit - Cause QuikBlades_UnitVarCaster9 to damage QuikBlades_UnitVarTarget7, dealing 200.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
              • Animation - Change QuikBlades_UnitVarTarget7's animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
              • Unit - Unpause QuikBlades_UnitVarTarget7
              • Unit - Make QuikBlades_UnitVarCaster9 Vulnerable
              • Unit - Unpause QuikBlades_UnitVarCaster9
              • Animation - Change QuikBlades_UnitVarCaster9's animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
              • Special Effect - Destroy QuikBlades_SpecialEffect2[6]
              • Special Effect - Destroy QuikBlades_SpecialEffect2[7]
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempLoc41)
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempLoc42)
              • Skip remaining actions
            • Else - Actions
      • Unit - Make QuikBlades_UnitVarCaster9 Vulnerable
      • Unit - Unpause QuikBlades_UnitVarCaster9
      • Animation - Change QuikBlades_UnitVarCaster9's animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
      • Animation - Change QuikBlades_UnitVarCaster9's vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Special Effect - Destroy QuikBlades_SpecialEffect2[6]
      • Special Effect - Destroy QuikBlades_SpecialEffect2[7]
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempLoc41)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempLoc42)

Level 7
reasons why i cant make it myself:
-dont know if i need seperate trigger for the loop
-http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/multi-instancible-gui-spell-making-34393/ In this torial they say first say u can only use 1 local variable per trigger, while later on he made a sample trigger with 4 locals. So i dont know if i can use more locals in this trigger.
-When i tried to fix this ability i still had issue with the loop. If the second unit would cast the ability like 2 sec later then the first unit then they both stop at the same time.

Level 29
MUI spells must have at least 2 separate triggers and uses either indexing or hashtables...

Trig 1 = use to setup things (variables) such as units/intergers/reals/unit groups/effects, etc...

Trig 2 = this is usually for the loop, in the case of the spell above, the "For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)" is the loop...

Trig 3,4, etc... = 'depends'

I suggest you learn hashtables coz it's easier than learning indexing...

Status
Not open for further replies.