• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Race ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Nah this isn't active as it used to. And you should rather reduce number of same unit types by as Misha suggested merging them. Like why 3 archer and 2 footman? Better to have 1 archer upgradable to fire or ice and 1 melee. Make workshop to have special or support units dedicated to some strategy. Some aura unit, anti air, anti-spellcaster, summoner or something new.

Level 21
There is that GF model for siege unit instead of ballista.

Also Blood elves from warcfat universe are not same as ones from the spin off universe of "WoW'. Yea I see those 2 things separated which is easy considering that games and books (Lord of Clans, Day of the dragon etc.) with just warcraft title are quite different then those wierd mangas, books and mmo with "wow" title =3

...kinda like command & conquer universe separations.

Level 13
VeljkoM said:
Uh at the moment I have no idea who is even working in this group. I remember that Michael Peppers was working on Blood elf mod tho.
Yeah, it's beta quality, you can check it out here.

VeljkoM said:
Yes that one. Ai editor only tells him what to build and use but not how. Computer randomly uses abilities.
Not really. AIs are hardcoded to use abilities the way they would use the base ability they are based upon. That's why I never use "Channel" or stuff like that as a base ability. If you use a base ability that is similar to the one you've coded, they're gonna use it just fine.

Sorry for the late replies. ^^'

Level 15
Ive been missing out on this group lately and seems this group is running dry....i have a race idea (and yes it includes tech) I was thinking about "Combine" Race

Not the ones in half-life, just love the name... i was thinking this race are all human riding mechs, much like goblins do. They depends on both oil, metal and food.

they have some sort of techtree that is mostly composed of mounts and upgrades. They are both mechanical and organic...pretty much like combine.
Not all of them are seperated, some upgrades have the ability to allow a unit to permanently become both mech and organic.

After my previous first loss in a modeling contest made start modeling again, this time with this.

Models that i have started doing that are not uploaded yet:

Worker: MCV (Moblie Construction Vehicle) = Wisp like, except cannot gather resources.

Primary Warrior Unit: (Dont have name yet) = Ghoul like, combat unit can gather resources.

Spell Caster: Not so much interested in this

Level 21
Well sounds interesting. Though how are oil and metal be gathered and will it replace gold and wood? And by mounts do you mean you'll have 2 types of units, drivers and vehicles and then you wound combine them? Oh and MCV will be pure builder unit?

Though it sounds now like it will be race packed with custom models.

Level 15
Thanks for the opinions.

Definently well see some updates!

Well we could change the goldmine into some sorta abandoned oil rig, and yes there will be 2 types driver and vechicles.

And it will mostly consist of custom models AND ICONS.

Of course i need help with some of you guys like concepts, skinners, animator, iconers and more.

The Slime race i found in this tread was interesting.. too bad it died, shall we ressurect that first?

Level 21
Only the guy who made that idea can start it again. Besides I think we need to focus on races that are active and finish them since there is a sea of unfinished and forgotten projects here. Oh and beside Misha and you I don't think w have at the moment any active modeler, skinnerm iconer...and animators are rare thing even outside of group.

Anyway I doubt you will have classic spell-casters, more like engineer who could add some bonus to mechanical unit he is driving. Like gives repair bonus heck maybe even repair ability that acts like heal.

Level 8
Yes, yes you can. Well somehow, deploying turrets takes a lot of time, but what I mean is that it's like building a turret. If you can just make an item to pack and unpack the turret. And I love the "scan them for weakpoints" idea.

Level 8
My Idea of a Race:
Gods of the Warcraft Realm

I make a lot of ideas, when I have free time. if you want me to blurt it out, then I will.

Level 8
well one of the units im worried about is the ancient prophet. I need a skill for him to attack (cuz he wont attack, he will attack with a spell that costs 1 MP and is active.)

Level 1
I think I have a race that you guys and gals can go crazy with because pretty much the only restrictions on it is that you have to use things native to Azoroth, meaning no orcs,undead..ect..but the reason why you can go crazy with it is because of how they get their guys because they take children away from their parents during the night like a shadow which kinda gives them a sort of nickname for them..the Shadows.

Level 6
Ok, so last night, I was like thinking about new races, and then, I turned my head around 30 degrees and... There they were! My Magic The Gathering cards! Then I thought "Why the hell not?". And you know, it would something really great! I would love to see MtG on Warcraft, and I think that if any of you guys plays magic, you probably think the same way. Forest Guardians? Forget about 'em, who cares? But Magic? So many new races and lores, I mean we have the Kor, the Kithkin, the faeries, the vampires, the tritons, the Treefolk, the dwarves (completely diferent fom the warcraft ones), the elves (also diferente from the warcraft ones), the cinders, the vedalkens, and many others! Plus, each of them has different cultures, which means diferente upgrades, different buildings, different everything! What do you guys say?

Level 21
Think there is confusion, this isn't place to request race making it was supposed to be place where one would show his work and others would if they could help out. Also this place suffers from death sadly.

As regarding of Magic the Gathering I am sadly unfamiliar with it thought with no doubt it has wide choices to be remade to rts version. I can only wish you good luck as I don't know anything about anything regarding Magic.

Level 6
what do you mean, like if i'm gonna use the usual race system (1 anti-spell caster, basic defense system, 1 siege unit,...) or something different?

Well, I might use a few things, but, dued to the lore part and all of that, i'll probably escape a little bit to the rules :p. For exemple, I might use more anti spellcaster units in the elves, or the kithkins, or for the kor, it is likely to exist lots of upgrades, dued to their use of equipment...

Level 1
What about a skeletal race(backstory time!) the skeletons are the ones summoned by necromancers but some of them found out that they were only minions and were formerly human so they decided to leave and make a clan of their own! The skeletal orcs can join their clan too

Worker-skeletal worker - looks like skeletal warrior but holding a hammer instead

melee units-skeletal warrior-basic melee unit,capable of reboning (works like cannibalization but faster),skeletal orc grunt-stronger than skeletal warrior

Skeletal giant-2nd strongest melee unit has Reinforced bones upgrade,Skeletal orc champion-1st strongest melee unit

Ranged-skeletal archer-basic ranged unit,burning archer-advanced ranged unit and it has immolation

Siege units-Bone titan-looks like a giant skeleton with armor moderate speed

Bone Cannon looks like a cannon but it shoots skeletons

Flying units Skeletal drake-looks like frost wrym but has no scales only bones

Ultra unit-Fallen champion-looks like an undead general,can cast dutys call which ressurects allies from the dead

Heroes

Still no ideas what about all of you:vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_sad::vw_sad::goblin_boom:

Buildings- Skeletal Ziggurat-looks like a ziggurat but larger and made of bones

Still no ideas Hellllllllp

Level 21
I actually made similar race for Race Competition. Skeletal Undead. You can look at it for inspiration.

On the side note remember races have tier 1 melee unit and tier 3 melee unit don't need to add more unless they provide some useful feature but in no way should they replace standard melee (for example rider can't replace grunts as main melee because of armor, Mountain Giant is to expensive and is made to be distraction/damage soak unit) also giving mass produced unit resurrection can be problematic thats why heroes reserve that or spirit walker but his works only on tauren and he himself is fragile. Better add casters as you made at least 4 melee units.

Level 1
ok for heroes its skeletal archer has same skills as ranger but it has darkshot aura a black version of trueshot aura and infernus a melee heroe that is made of burning fire and black bones and has a blck armor and has metamorphosis

Status
Not open for further replies.