• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Race ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Uh no I suggest move Hell hound to 2 tier as anti spell casting unit (like dryad, spell breaker...). And to add instead of one melee unit a ranged unit.

Alternative is to make very fast melee unit with normal armor to be effective against other range units. Like huntress are.

Level 35
When you say Ghost race, are you referring to Wraithling's? It would be hard getting the AI to do proper gameplay of that race, as AI wouldn't really know how to use it to great effect :p
They'd prlly spam the starter unit against Night Elves lol (which would be silly as they take extra damage from Pierce and Archers take the least amount of damage from Pierce attacks than any other unit in the game)

Level 35
Jass would be the best way, though, although I have no idea of how to do it.
I reckon if someone could make AI that player professionally just for one melee race, they would be a legend.
And I mean professional as in it counters all rush-tactics, masses units based on what the opposing player gets, uses them in great methods, and when it's with allies it complements what the allies are getting.
Such AI to be built in Warcraft, however, would either be impossible or so nastily complicated that it would take years to perfect :p

Level 4
anyone working on a Blood Elf race? I think im doing ok with mine.... but it WOULD be nice to get someones opinion whos making one as well ^^

Level 10
Hey, guys I just joined this group (don't shoot the new guy down), but I have had a fairly simple Blood Elf race of my own. I put them on a Blizzard map. (I don't have very good terraining skills.) If anyone would like to see it, I'd be happy to post it. :)

Level 21
Ok here is my opinion:
-you have 3 archers which mean you have 3 units with same role. That is unneeded and would be better to make regular archer upgradable to ice or fire version. Similary you also have 2 basic melee units
-The workshop building doesn't fit and can be built in 1st tier.
-All spellcaster have their spells without upgrade, And warden can have damage upgraded 20 times and since she is rather cheep unit and takes only 2 food it really is unbalanced. They all also use hero models and that can be confusing
-You need another flayer beside dragonhawk rider. All races have at least 3 flayers.
-tool-tips need work cuz upgrades are still for mortar team, griffin rider etc.
-Heroes are uh just blademaster and paladin with different models (blade still has same icon even) and you can make as many as you want paladins and blade needs stronghold still.
-Elven knight doesn't have disabled icon it was just green for me.

Level 10
I've played WoW, but only the first part. (I played a free trial.) I don't think I've seen Slivermoon city.

Are you saying that the Blood Elves primary color is gold (or yellow or whatever color most of the units' armor is), which is the main color of the units' armor and they just have a secondary color of red for their armor's detail? (e.g. The Blood Elf Lieutenant model already in-game has kind of a golden-colored armor and a red shield.)
Sorry if I'm being a little hard to understand right now. I'm just kind of confused.

Level 10
I agree that the gameplay part is more important than the other stuff (especially when it comes to terrain). And Misha, you say I should combine units? Perhaps I should have the same amount of units in each building as some of the melee buildings? Oh yeah, it's been a while since I worked on it.

P.S. Nice to see this group active, unlike some others that I've seen. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.