• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

R-INVolve - Destrian Chronicles Role Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Lystra gazes down to where the source of the sudden noise originated from. It was a book. She came to it and knelt down, feeling her weary muscles ache as she did so. She took it and read the title.

The Winds of Woe... sounds rather pessimistic. She let it sit in the shadows, hidden from others, and began to meld into the sea of dark-skinned people.

Please Read the following Advisory:

I Apoplogize for any inconvenience, but there has been a DM Error. A severe miscommunication has resulted in the posting of an incorrect responese.

I was offline and grey needed to post to keep the pace up, and using a peice of information that i had provided in incorrect context, posted.

I take full responsibility, as the mis communication is entirely my fault.

A two DM system is difficult, but errors on the DM side are inexcusable. I promise that this kind of error will NEVER, EVER, happen again. Again I apologize, You expect MORE from your DMs.

Without further ado, An Edited version of Grey's post with proper information, Once again, entirely my fault, and i demanded to be allowed to fix it.

Please respond to THIS instead.

(See the Aerospire lobby is 2500 feet off the ground, the only exits are lifts to the roofs' of nearby buildings, (1000 ft.) and to the rail lines at the base of the city. (2500 ft.) And a slight plot related error. This will NEVER happen again, and I offer another serious apology.

Yours truly, Twif.

OOC: GunSlinger, you can do whatever you please, but I'll just say there's a good twenty of them. Realistically, do you think you stand a chance? If yes, by all means go for it but... YOU CAN DIE/GET HURT in this :) so beeeewaaaare!

IC:
General

A tall but rather lean man, dressed in a robe rather than leathers approached the pair of ruffians by the main gate, after some exchanged mumbles and two nods, the men parted.

"RIGHT! Everyone! up against the wall, hands to your back, bags on the floor, pockets turned out!" the mercenaries shouted together, in various forms, ushering the crowd into the street.

Piverou jumped up, startling his Pixie. "Time to move, Mrs, nice speakin' to ya' Peper" he smiled politely before dashing for the the exit to the Flight Wing.

In his haste he collided with the newly awoken woman.

"Sorry mam' got some business to attend to, not watchin where am goin" he excused himself.

"Shut up and let's go" the Pixie snapped from his shoulder, ignoring the woman.

"Alright, alright, hold your wings Nyviara" the man chuckled, winking, whirling and dashing towards the mesh gate.

An array of tubes across the lobby rattle as a message pulses through them; "Attention Civilians, all exits have been blocked, you will stand down and submit to a luggage and body check. Those who do not comply will be beaten. Do NOT press your luck, This is a Aerospire wide Quarantine." It fizzled out with a crack and a slight shudder.

People began to panic.

A few other men, ordinary looking, and carrying bags, shot from locations around the lobby towards the flight arm. A man in leathers pointed.

Piverou stumbles on.

Wolfe

As he leaves, you hear a slight thud, he dropped something. It's a book, not five feet from you and is entitled "The Winds of Woe".

OOC: For the record, you don't HAVE to do ANYTHING, don't feel inclined to pick it up if you don't want to, it might very well be useless :)

Level 22
OOC: It must be difficult TWIF
Anyway here's my edit
IC:
-Peper- said:
''Whatever'' Nah, my catchphrase flew again. I should try get away from this nonsense, but ended dying here is not an option.
Luckily i don't carry any items with me, so i just check my pocket and position myself against the wall and set my hands behind my head, so stupid.

Level 19
Murry started panicking and quickly did as he was ordered though, trying to conceal his knife in the process. This wasn't what he had expected! He only prayed to whatever was up there that he would get out of this situation alive and without any serious injuries. No brave things, was his motto for now.

Level 17
Lystra looked around, eyeing the thugs contempt. They appeared to be searching everyone for something. This may turn out to be a problem, she thought, gazing at the tight-fitting garment she wore.

Level 16
OOC: "Waaaahhhh! I shouted at them and did my super uber mega blow that killed them all, destroying the world.
"Muahahahaha!"

:D

IC: "tsk! There's no choice then. I can't take them down with all of these people down and on the wall. I'd better do what they say for now." I thought to myself as I flattened myself against the wall.

Level 20
For more information on DMI see MY post on the construction thread.
PlayerNameLast LocationAssumed Status

-Peper-
PeperTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Active
GunSlinger21LexTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Active
Fussiler1MurryTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Active
PhoonixJackTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Active
Vengeance Mk2BurlTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Inactive
WalleHvatrúlfrTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Inactive
IronsideIronside(?)Tohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Inactive
WolfeLystraTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Active

There is nothing worth noting.
Anything important related to player characters in the mod will be noted here, if they're sick, dead, in jail ANYTHING, have a certain item. It's a pretty unrestricted rp so expect some funny stuff to turn up here.

166805-albums3113-picture43218.png

Anything important related to in-rp lore, such as vital information about certain NPCs and the like will go here (e.g. they are captured/want rescuing). This should stay relatively empty at least for now.

Peper

For the moment you are spared any unwanted attention, however you notice the man and his Pixie in some kind of disagreement with another robed figure. A band of the leather covered thugs stood close by but seemed to be content and had not yet intervened.

Murry

You conceal the knife quickly for in due course a burly thug grabs you and spits "W-eh, are duh crys-tuls!"

Lex

Before long a surprisingly skinny figure in a hooded cloak not the ruffian leathers approached you, shoved you hard against the wall and proceeded to search you. "Nothing. Damn it." he muttered angrily, releasing you abruptly.
"Giva, nothing." the figure called out to someone as he strode away.

Lystra

Even as the thought occurred one of the thugs detatched himself from a group and headed towards you, beady eyes analysing every curve, crevice and crinkle . "Hmm" he growled as he pulled up, just short. "Any bags Miss? I'd be dissapointed if you told me nothing but you and your current clothes travelled here today.

Last edited:
Level 17
"Mhm, no bags. I only carry the... essentials." She said, her eyes meeting his. She had had much practice luring men - one talent that she enjoyed very much, even after it warranted her to leave her homeland.

"And might I ask, dear sir, what do you seek?"

Level 8
just as Jack had asked for an exit thugs had blocked off every single elevator. "oh great..." Jack said to himself... "Now I'll never get to my appointment on time!" she turned around and faced the attendant behind the desk. "why don't you do something about this mess! you work here, riiiiiiiiiiiight!"

Level 20
Peper

"Your not welcome here" a squeaky voice echoed.
"Quiet Nyviara" Piverou hissed.
The man in front of them ignored her but proceeded muttered something you couldn't quite catch.
"Were not so naive, we know who you are, what your after" Piverou continued.
The hooded man shifted slightly "What do you want?" he growled.
"Passage out of here, if you want to ruin your reputation fine, but I have business to attend to!"
The Pixie seemed to nod in agreement.

Murry

The big man shoves you violently, you stumble back but refrain from falling.
"Useless, waste of space and time" the man said moodily walking away in a search for further victims, his random 'hawking' almost indicated he cared nothing about any crystals but was actually just enjoying the general chance for intimidation.

Lex

The man searched you roughly but left with a grunt "your clean" and proceeded to harass the remaining 'hostages'.

Lystra

"Crystals" he muttered, busy analyzing her physique.
"Hmm" he continued stepping closer.

Jack

"The authorities are on their way! They'll handle it. There is nothing more we can do at this time" the female attendant stammered, her movements skittish. Who was she trying to convince?

Level 17
"I told you - there is nothing need searching." She commented, watching as he came closer.

Level 8
Jack looked at the attendant astonished "Nothing you can do...? ugh... thats just great, you knooooow is this mess isn't fixed in five minutes i want my money back... you heaar." he said whit a load and irritating voice.

Level 20
* Vengeance Mk2 is now ACTIVE!

-Peper-
Active
Active
Active
Active
Active
Inactive
Inactive
Active

Anything important related to player characters in the mod will be noted here, if they're sick, dead, in jail ANYTHING, have a certain item. It's a pretty unrestricted rp so expect some funny stuff to turn up here.

Anything important related to in-rp lore, such as vital information about certain NPCs and the like will go here (e.g. they are captured/want rescuing). This should stay relatively empty at least for now.

Peper

You watch carefully as Piverou and the Pixie follow the hooded man to a corner of the room and continue to brandish arms at each other. Evidently failing to come to a compromise. Eventually the Pixie on Piverous' arm took off abruptly and began fluttering around lazily. Piverou, thrown off balance by her departure wobbled slightly and as he did so there was a slight crack as something slipped from his person onto the cold marble floor.

General

The room suddenly went quiet, the 'pin drop' turning thugs and civilians alike to stare at the trio in the corner. On the floor next to Piverou was a large crystal perhaps the size of a closed fist, glowing an ominous white. "Well" he gulped, forcing a smile at the hooded man. "If only I knew how that had got there... ". Without another word he dived for the crystal roaring "Nyviara were out of here darlin'".
All hell broke loose.

Level 4
OOC:
Sorry for not posting lately!

IC:
Circumstances can change swiftly. Once, a flood had swept the foundation out from under a seaside inn where I had slept the previous night. Later, a bandit had stolen my meager sack of coins and I was forced to beg for days. Now, only moments ago, the lift had come to a halt and I sighed with relief. The mesh gate had screeched as it retracted, revealing a door inlaid with rusted iron gears and panels. The sight of the embossed 'Lobby' sign quickened my pulse and the stiffness of the journey was suddenly erased from my mind. The handful of minutes that followed unfolded much like my childhood dreams had. As we funneled through the threshold, a menagerie of creatures and a melody of sounds greeted us. Cloaked figures mingled in the sidelines discussing private matters. Travelers - or perhaps natives - sat idly on benches. My fingers trembled with subtle jitters of nerves. I had not seen such a gathering of people since stumbling upon the grand theatre in the city of Kosh.

The Aerospire's lobby was much as the wayfarers in the taverns had described to me. The ceiling arched above, every angle and curvatur designed with what I knew was mathetmatical precision. The surface was decorated with faded inks. Most likely depictions of the ancient times, which my Mother had loved recounting in her songs. Churning windmills, open-air forges tinting the winds black, steam boats disembarking from the harbor along the narrow central canal with their cargo-holds heaped with metals and glimmering precious stones, an engineer demonstrating his mechanical gladiators in the public square, and a primitve air transport spewing steam and smoke as it deposited a mound of goods. It felt as though I stared mindlessly for an hour, blissfully unawares of the events that were occuring around me.

"Bags on the floor..." Only the depths of my mind registered the shouts and jeers.

I shook my head in wonderment. If it were not for the crowd's building hubbub, perhaps I would have lingered longer. In a reckless hurry, a man brushed into me. I felt a metal object rip through my pant leg, leaving a thin red streak. Then bony limbs and bags collided against me. People were abruptly shuffling hither and thither with almost no heed for one another. The scene was more chaotic than my daydreams had envisioned. A sudden scream tore my gaze away from the artistry. My first thought was that something had fallen - instinctively, I scanned for shards of broken glass. I once knew a butcher's wife who had been unfortunate enough to drop a vase on her knee and over the course of a few weeks the glass fragments worked their way through her bloodstream and evicerated her heart - that is, according to the wise-woman who gave the right of passage at her funeral...

I thought I might still be dreaming when I saw the armed ruffians - mercenary soldiers - barring access to the exits. A chill clutched my chest. I became painfully self-aware that I was one of the few not backed against a wall. A pair of stern eyes caught mine, and I began to retreat,, worrying slightly for my safety. As my knuckles clapped against the cold stone behind me, I saw it. Even in the ruddy dull light that reached the floor the crystal sparkled brilliantly. The sharp white glare struck a blow to my eyes. I looked away, catching a glimpse of the stranger's face as he feigned innocence. On his shoulder there was a miniscule creature - some form of Gremlin? - twitching frantically. A tense, muted silence ensued. Everyone had frozen. Glee molded the expressions of more than one of the armed men. I sensed a scuffle was close at hand...

Last edited:
Level 17
Lystra's eyes moved to the man and the crystal. Her face remained expressionless for a while until a fleeing man almost knocked her to the ground. She composed herself, and slowly but steadily began to weave through the scattering masses, away from the brigand who she had earlier encountered.

Level 20
Piverou roared in pain as he grasped the crystal, leaping back instinctively.
'Damn it' he cursed, nursing the burnt hand as he watched helplessly. The crystal continued to glow, but had begun to emanate with increased ferocity. Sharp, slivers of a wispy light shot out from the crystal and struck a stack of large boxes to the side of the lobby. It's cargo attendants swore and leapt back as the boxes splintered and collapsed in a flash of white light. From the wreckage a strange sound of scraping clay arose, resounding around the frozen hall and as the light's flare lessened a parade of vicious looking figures appeared, constructed entirely of clay and standing not five feet tall but intimidating nonethless, the animated golems took one look at the hall, drew their weapons and charged into the fray, accompanied by a flustered Piverou's scream of triump 'ahah pick your sides people, this might get a little messy!'.

Level 4
Golems. The crystal brought them to life from simple clay... Indeed, this homecoming has proven eventful.

The magical earthen beasts were rushing the gathering of travelers, perhaps driven by madness. Without a clear plan, I dropped to my knees on instinct, drawing a crotol - a favorite instrument of mine - from the inner lip of my right boot. No doubt other warriors amongst us were drawing blades and weapons as well, but all was happening too swiftly for me to observe. With a deft flick of the wrist, the copper apparatus between my fingers clicked and snapped, protracting into the shape of a short saber. A ruby in the pommel glinted with false promise. I knew - only too well - the lightweight weapon would provide little defense against the swing of an enchanted clay arm. Yet one could hope...

Without a master's orders they could kill many people mercilessly. Unsure of my actions yet confident of my purpose, I rose and advanced, brandishing the crotol blade.

Either I will die in short order, my mind whispered to me, or some play of luck will unfold that will dispell the creatures. I harbored no hope even as I rushed forth to drag a man out of a charging golem's path. My fingers tore his clothing in my unrestrained fit of nerves.

I found myself within feet of a golem - a dreaded experience I had only once before. In the same minute my father had been slain and the servile beast had crumpled into a heap of dusty clay, its grim duty finished. For the assassination, I have always borne animosity and fear of them...

Master Hin-so, a swordman in Windloria, had fought a battle and saved my life not long ago, and from him I learned the basics of swordsmanship, yet I had too little practice to respect my own ability...

Level 20

-Peper-
Active
Active
Active?
Active?
Active
Inactive
Inactive
Active?

General

As the golems charged, Piverou closed his eyes, willing them to stop.
"Do not harm the unarmed" he intoned over and over again, clutching the exposed crystal to his chest, having wrapped it in a protective blanket.
Sweat beaded upon his brow, but a sick smile twisted his features as the Golems slowed and surveyed the crowd, beginning to pick targets more carefully.

Burl
Two Golems turn on you, raising wicked bladed fists, green eyes pulsating, analysing your posture. Noticing the drawn weapon they break into a sprint, the first whirling past the other and taking no time at all to bring the bladed hand straight towards your neck.

Peper
The Golems proceed to rush around with inhuman speed raising fists and magically induced clay blades to those stupid or foolish enough to draw weapons, the majority of civilians are yourself seemed safe, for now.

Level 4
Fear snuffed my thoughts. I stood rigid and cold as a statue before impending decapitation, ludicrously unable to move. It already seemed that the tissue and bone was shredding... there came a sickening sound.

Primal instinct prevailed. A pulse of adrenaline violently jerked me, but I should have reacted sooner. The sensation was akin to a fist jab. A wad of blood arched through the air before my fading sight, and pain came moments later, further shuttering my vision. I stumbled onto my knees with a clatter. Neck veins constricted and burned cruelly with every pulse of blood. The saber sang as it danced across the floor, feet from my numbed hand. My attacker was redoubling for the finishing strike, and the other would soon cleave me to shreds.

Adrenaline still wielded the reigns. I rolled, desperately attempting to escape, though I moved only a few feet. A mind-warping terror gripped me like I had never known before, for I could sense no means of self-preservation.

Warmth flowed to the top of my skull. A rib-shattering blow had caught me by the chest and sent me spinning. I came to a halt in a crumbled heap, slick salty blood on my tongue.

Gazing up, I searched for something - someone - some source of salvation in my plight. A demonic dread trembled every sinew, tingling the surface of my skin.

I could think only a sole remorseful thought. Ole Burl the Lost has returned home to die.

Last edited:
Level 20
Burl
Foolish human! What do you think you're playing at?

The voice fluttered towards you, fading, fluctuating, the words hard to make out.
The Golem seemed to slow - it's raised fist all but paused - held in an unnatural stasis.
Through hazed sight, and a searing pain you make out the source of the voice.
The Pixie, Nyviara.

Hey, are you listening? Yes, you! Hey, don't ignore me now, Bah why do I bother?

She was evidently far from pleased, but proceeded to weave her tiny arms around in complex patterns, murmuring to herself.

Oh but is this going to sting. she chuckled, raising her hands together, palms pushed out towards you, eyes closed.

Slowly but surely, the wound began to draw together, the blood began clotting, draining and retreating back within the burst vessels. Fibres grew at an alarming rate, expanding, entwining and re-stitching the broken flesh. The pain was minimal at first, dulled by a numb sensation but it soon escalated to a fiery peak, as if someone was sealing the wound with nought but a hot poker.

Level 4
To my mind, the world flickered and faded like a struggling candle flame. The pain was white hot, tormenting, sinking through every strand of flesh, exploding through my neck. Why had the little creature helped me? Tears dripped from my eyes and I cried out, struggling to see through the rainy blur. I felt a cold breeze brush against me, yet the air in the lobby was static. Fear squeezed and clawed and without thinking I began to scurry madly across the floor. Were the golems still lusting for my death? Had I not seen them withhold their swings?

I scrambled to my feet and staggered on shaking legs. A second weapon found its way into my grasp, withdrawn from the inside of my pant leg. The collapsible cudgel rattled as it expanded, an enchanted gem within the shaft adding weight to the spiked head. I whirled about to face whatever fate awaited...

Last edited:
Level 20
Burl
NO! Nyviara hissed as you drew the weapon, but there was nothing she could do, the two Golems broke free of the magical hold, seeing you as a target once more, in a mad rush and a clash of clay two bronzed blades pierced your stomach and withdrew repeatedly, sending you spinning to both floor and darkness.

OOC: You wanted a char change, here is an opportunity, but for the record you might've died anyway (well it's early.. were lenient), watch what the NPCs say - this isn't your typical rp, it's both highly rewarding and punishing - think before you act - it's life... but not as you know it!!! :D

Just start off as your Musharan however you wish - your in the same room! ;)

As the golems charged, Piverou closed his eyes, willing them to stop.
"Do not harm the unarmed" he intoned over and over again, clutching the exposed crystal to his chest, having wrapped it in a protective blanket.

Lex
A Golem turns to face you, a wicked hollowed out arm held towards you menacingly.
It pauses, waiting.

Level 4
OOC: Burl's final breath

IC: Time slowed to a trickle as the organs of my midriff imploded. Soft, pliable, rubbery flesh became distinguishable where previously I had only felt a subtle throb of pulsating blood. The mind continued to function independent of bodily senses as I struck the floor hard, helplessly limp, twisting and spinning. The world churned, I jerked in spasms - and I knew I had no control. The pain that dawned was beyond the threshold of consciousness. What fabric of concrete physicality I had relied upon throughout my waking life was suddenly lost, replaced by untraceable, unknowable, fathomless dream. The moment was my unduing. Flesh rent, blood seeped and the mind slipped into blackness, suffused to think no more... Tendrils of my thought groped like a child in the cold, lonesome swathe of death's embrace.

OOC: I will wait a little while before beginning my new character. Feel free to continue without me for now!

Last edited:
OOC:

Sorry to hear

IC:

Lex:
The golem raises its right arm, small, ground fragments of crystal run down it, all the way to a larger node attached to a lenth of metal protruding where a hand should be. It pointed its deformed arm at lex, the crystal shook, sparking, glowing, and flickering for a moment, the air around it distorted. A gut wrenching sound blasted in the air a moment before a golden beam of light tore a man to lex's right apart, his body flashing to dust where the beam crossed his flesh. The sound was like metal on metal, tearing itself apart. A crooked noise bellowed from the golem, as it raised its other hand, a messily forged bronze blade of moderate length...

Peper and General:

This is when the battle truly begins, a screaming melee of whirring bronze and flashing swords, the puff of dust and rock as a golem is struck, and the blood-curdling screams of fallen men and women. "Destroy all these golems, then take those men!" A voice shouted over the clash. A scream. "WATCH OUT! GOLEM!" A voice cries.

The huge bay door to the lobby level Flight arm, 6, suddenly shudders.

The wind howls.

The Battle Rages.

Status
Not open for further replies.