• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is it me or does AVG keep deleting World Editor automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have AVG 8.5 Internet Security, I'm seriously thinking of going to Norton Ghost because AVG is having so many issues lately.

Ok, after I install Warcraft 3, everything works perfectly, after a week however, AVG says all the Warcraft 3 World Editor Files are a Trojan and also, it says that Mount & Blade: Warband Expansion is a trojan as well. I definitely know that M&B: Warband is NOT infected, so is anyone else having troubles with Warcraft 3 World Editor and AVG 8.5 Internet Security?

I've reinstalled Wc3 5 Times, the next week, the same thing will happen again and AVG will automatically delete WC3 and my maps. :cry::eek::eekani::angry:

Level 19
Hey all,

Just thought i would bring it to your attention that AVG virus scanner has picked up a fake virus in Warcraft.

If you have AVG and pick up a Trojan Horse Generic 16 then it is a fake virus intended to delete all working Warcraft exe's from your computer.

It even deletes your new installed Warcraft files. It is an error.

As the manager of avg states http://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-free...&page=2&type=0

Quote:
30.12.2009 08:01
Re: False Positive?

0 Average rating 0 Average rating 0
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top

ondraploteny

Manager

Hi,

this false will be fixed in next virus database update.

Thanks
***************AVG Team
So just to bring it to your attention it is not harmful and do not delete your versions of Warcraft like I did.

Hope this helps,
Lag_reviews

AVG views Warcraft as a virus, I guess. You should remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.