• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Protect Warcraft, Protect Yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Nah, I mentioned Kaspersky Anti-virus in the first post under paid Anti-virus options mate.

Also if you want more info on the AVG Free detecting a fake virus in Warcraft go to this thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/latest-updates-news-101/avg-antivirus-breaks-warcraft-154219/

Hope you see it there,
Lag_Reviews :p

PS: Stay on topic please!

In order to to necropost that thing, as it's probably old, I'll just put my remark here .. how did you guys get AVG Free into detecting WC3 as a virus? Did you install WC3 while these virus definitions were the current? This never happened to me and my AVG is always up to date.. I had AVG Free also at the time of that thread.

Level 7
In order to to necropost that thing, as it's probably old, I'll just put my remark here .. how did you guys get AVG Free into detecting WC3 as a virus? Did you install WC3 while these virus definitions were the current? This never happened to me and my AVG is always up to date.. I had AVG Free also at the time of that thread.

You had to have the latest update for your AVG free (Any version) I think and then open your Warcraft with the latest AVG UPDATE on your computer and bam the Fake Virus stole your Warcraft and you could re-install it without getting the Fake virus deleting your Warcraft files.

Anyhowz thats an old fake virus and all in all its fixed ages ago,
Lag_Reviews

PS: Back-up your Warcraft Today to save it from pesky viruses!

Also have an Anti-Virus (Free or Paid) that isn't mentioned and you want it mentioned, you can request me to post about it, or you can post about it yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.