• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Virus Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
So I was surfing some questionanle websites (Yeah I know..) when a virus hit me just now, disabling most of my functions like:

- Task Manager.
- Run prompt.
- I cannot access My Computer and all my programs.

And worse of all, a dozen or so pop-ups every 5 minutes. I fear most of my HDD is lost. It is a miracle that I'm still able to come online.

attachment.php

attachment.php

What I'm doing now:
- Running a quick scan with my Avira AntiVirus (Free version, but not much hope here because the virus went right through this protection)
- Trying to get other AntiVirus softwares like a McAfee quickscan that I've just installed (you can see on the pic, my only visible program lol)

Alright, I'm way out of ideas now except to post this on several computer forums. If any of you guys have any idea what is wrong and what are the steps i should take, I would most appreciate it :(

EDIT: Solved!

Last edited:
Level 22
Actually by the looks of it it's a simple spamware type of program which are quite easily removed. It's really hard to explain on what to do though over the internet.

I would advice finding a friend which is good in computing, a person like that should be able to easily get rid of a type of program like this.

You could also try to revert your OS to a previous state, read this for help on doing so: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Get Avast! Free Antivirus and do a full scan, then get Spybot Seach & Destory and do a full scan and fix any problems. After that your problems should be gone.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Wrong, not even avast would pick up prank type of programs such as this one.

Hmm... Well I tried =P
Spybot & Avast! still haven't let me down though, I havent had any sort of noticeable virus attack on my computer in the 2 or so years since starting to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.