• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Questions I have for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Questions for users. I figure the best way I can make a game is ask people how they want it. And what they think about certain things. So Ill Ask a Question and you try to answer.

Example

Question 1: How Fast should the coasters start? (100-1000 ms)
Answer: I think it should start at 100 ms.

Questions

Question 1: How Fast should the coasters start? (100-1000 ms)

Question 2: Do you feel the gravity is to high?

Question 3: What do you think of the idea that 100 is a min speed, in other words you are being pulled by a pully if you go that slow? (Currently its how it is)

Question 4: What Do you think of the "? Mark Tutorials" Too long? are they helpful? Should it be changed?

Question 5
: Do you think the learning curve is too high (takes to long to learn)? Any suggestions to make it easyer to learn?

Last edited:
Level 15
Answer 3: I think there should be two options. Easy mode and Realistic mode. In realistic mode, the min speed is -1000, meaning you need enough speed to do a loop or "drive" over a large hill. And in the easy mode, it's just like it is now.

Answer 5: The learning curve is good, the map is pretty easy to get used to, and it does'nt really need much experience to get used to all the functions, wich is good in this map.

Level 18
Answer 1: I think the start speed @ 100 is just fine, but you could always have the option to create a speed start or slow start. There are real roller coasters that propel you to top speed right out of the gate, but most you drop out at a slow speed and go up a hill with a pulley.

Answer 2: No, it feels pretty real to me.

Answer 3: I think that if you reach minimum speed, you are at 0. If you're going up a hill that doesn't have a pulley then you will not make it up if you do not have enough momentum.

Answer 5: I learned to play this in 2 seconds by first watching your video, but I think the controls are self explanatory enough. The only thing that took me a couple seconds to get was "Set Track".

Level 7
Answer 1: That game mode idea of Lord of Sausage is good, if you could implement it, it would be a great addition to the game.

Answer 2: Gravity is realistic enough.

Answer 3: You should set the minimum speed into -x(100-500) so that if you do not have enough speed to do a loop you would go back, while going back your speed would decrease until the moment you stopped.

Answer 4:They are helpful a ton.I didn't even know i could adjust my camera until i used them.A problem is that it cleared my tracks and i didn't know...My bad i didn't read but that could bring some problems to players, maybe you should make a separate tiny track just for tutorials....

Answer 5:Very good learning curve for anyone with no slight deficiency.Though i only discovered set track after doing 2 rollercoasters, that wasn't exactly necessary to make the rollercoasters.

P.S: Please increase the maximum tracks.....

Level 12
1)ark_NiTe
Answer 3: I think that if you reach minimum speed, you are at 0. If you're going up a hill that doesn't have a pulley then you will not make it up if you do not have enough momentum.

Well I may make a hardcore mode. Or something, as I dont know if thats gona scare users away on there first time. But i hear this suggetion alot. So it should come at some point.

Luthion

My bad i didn't read but that could bring some problems to players, maybe you should make a separate tiny track just for tutorials...

I have currently disabled it as its causes all sorts of problems and no one seems to say it helps. But Ill rework it soon.

though i only discovered set track after doing 2 rollercoasters, that wasn't exactly necessary to make the rollercoasters.

Doe, i hear that ALL The TIME. so that sucks. What should i call it then? I use set track more then 70% of my coasters. I think it makes them look better. Anyway Suggetion for better name on that would be GREAT! :)

Level 2
1. Choosing the Speed would be Great :p But its pretty much fine as it is.

2.The Gravity Is Fine, Maybe later on you could add less gravity tracks to make the carts go faster

4. I never really checked the tutorials :p i found out how to do it without them, of course not everyone does that.

5. This game is very easy to learn :p

[Extras]

6a. On Free Build since its free build you should have more tracks.. 483 isnt enough to make a really cool track, i would probably use about 700-1000 tracks since longer tracks are more fun :p.

6b. Set Track could be called Straight or Continue or something like that. Something which makes it sound like its adding a Forward track thats the same Angle :D.

Anyway love this map and hope theres more updates soon :p

Level 12
There will be more 750-1000 buildable tracks in the next update or the one after. And i agree with changeing the text. Thanks for the feed back.

The next update will happen as soon as i get back to the states and get about 3-4 days to work on it so this month for sure!

Level 1
I have a question for you guys cause im a noob

how do i post a forum ?

help please :)

Level 12
I like the chain model idea.

The issuse with the Chains is baiscly that i am trying to keep the game simple.

Adding them visualy isnt so hard but the idea that people have to buy chains and use them at the right times.

Basicly the way its setup is it uses chains when ever it needs it. It does this by haveing a min speed.

If dont like the way it is, prehaps you could explain a simple way of useing chains besides auto add them as needed. I mean theres no reason to add a chain when you dont need it, and when you need it it will auto be placed. So I think thats fine...

I wouldnt do much work till i get the next version out. But then agein adding model in the game will be really easy. But makeing the model for me would be very tuff. So If your intersted... :)

IMO, any idiot that has already played roller coaster tycoon knows that the chain is needed to uplift the car until highest altitudes. Even more, any idiot knows that if any coaster car is going slow and faces an elevated slope, it will surely go back, or stop moving.
Nevertheless I don't know how hard can this be to code. But this could make the game a bit trickier and funnier.

You can add three gravity modes: Safe Mode, Smart Mode and Normal Mode.
Safe mode is like it is right now, the car will never stop, or go back.
Normal will add these little difficulties that, in my opinion, makes the map much more awesome, requiring some strategy to let the car make it to the end, adding chain-lifting system.
And Smart mode would add these chain pieces whenever needed, automatically.

The chain is something pretty simple to code - just leave it as it is, if the current track piece has chain-lift.
If the track piece has none, it will reduce the speed, until it is negative, going back.

If you do this system, I will surely make you a chain lift track piece model. (Animated)

Status
Not open for further replies.