1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

PROXY's Gallery

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by PROXY, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Now we're back to "stuff I care more about". xD (Akama is neat, but I never cared much for the Draenei)

I gotta say, while I'm generally in the "Tauren shouldn't need/have mounts" camp, this is a solid model so far & a needed addition (mounted Tauren) to many people's Tauren race. Also, nice "super/war kodo"; love the crooked horn & the TC armor (what's that, the Barracks?)

2. PROXY

PROXY

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I still have much to work on this one, the textures don't work together quite yet and I have to find the right amount of TC.

Attached Files:

3. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Awesome work, that tauren is pretty sick!

4. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great addition to the tauren models! I guess you could find a better amount of TC by reducing the kodo's helmet? Awesome work as always.

5. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Damn, that's some awesome stuff. :)
    You're always spot on with those lore-friendly, and somehow needed models.
    At any rate, I think the previous TC solution was better, all of that heavy plate armor, gold trimming and black metal armor just don't fit the Native American-esque Tauren. Raw hide, wood, feathers, that sort of thing would fit better, in my eyes.
    Trolls get away with it because they are some what more Aztec-y. Somewhat more developed in a way. But full plate Tauren were always silly to me (looking at you, WoW...).

6. PROXY

PROXY

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Thanks to you guys.

Thank you, that means very much to me. I try my best to keep them lore friendly and useful at the same time :)

And updated it greatly, I think you'll like him this way :) Still not totally satisfied with it, but we're getting there.

Attached Files:

7. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, that's looking good. :)
    I still somehow feel like the previous barracks hide teamcolor was unique and interesting in a way, but this looks great either way.
    I've another suggestion, to make his head more unique and interesting - give him a mane of hair. From what I can see, you already gave him some black hair on his back? Why not extend that mane to cover his head as well? It should help him stand out from the Tauren Chieftain further. You could also maybe replace his nose ring with something else. Perhaps a bone semi-circle? Something similar to this:
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/9a/ef/1a/9aef1ab45da588156aef45656042cd9c.jpg

Also, for a spell animation, maybe you could have him toss a bola? I think any of the mounted Attack animations should work fine for this, but the Wolf Rider's Ensnare would be a good example of what I mean.
    Oh, and I'm looking forward to see with which weapon you shall arm him. :)

8. PROXY

PROXY

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I'll think about the head, thanks :)

Here's his new weapon, a big ass mace.

Attached Files:

9. rcshaggy

rcshaggy

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Kodo Beast Tauren rider unit looks good.

So any updates to the Akama model, because it does look like and what weapons do you plan on using for him?
    http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow.gamepedia.com/b/b5/Staff_of_the_Ashtongue_Deathsworn_TCG.jpg
    http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow.gamepedia.com/0/0e/Kael'thas_and_Crew.jpg

Could give him his famous Staff or even his two blade kamas...Get it? Kama...Akama? lol...
    Well anyway Proxy looking forward to using your Akama model and that Tauren Rider looks really good.
    Could of been if Warcraft III had mountable buttons in the game like WoW and Heroes in which your Hero could mount up and go faster.
    Still regardless it is very good you are doing this.

10. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, that staff for Akama is strange. Of course he is going to use kamas for him!

11. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    That's a pretty schweet... mace? Hammer methinks.

12. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Sweet, sweet models. I'm loving that Akama!

13. PROXY

PROXY

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Great news. Working together with Jesus Hipster again <3

He's done a great job with the rigging and the wrapping, created that awesome shadow effect, optimized the textures and mesh and the list goes on.. No more wow textures boys.

I on the other hand finally found time to create his weapons. JH will continue with his animations and some other stuff now, while I sit back and enjoy the show hehe.

Attached Files:

14. he should change his name to jesus. :wink:

holy moly, you both are genius!

15. rcshaggy

rcshaggy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Holy crap that model looks awesome!
    I can't wait to use for my Campaign and I do hope you add team hero glow to the model as well if you can.

Akama looks really great, and everything just goes will together, and nice you two guys are doing for the model.
    Looks like Akama himself and not cheap ass model Blizzard did.
    Gonna be using the Warcraft III as a Lost One Hero and this one you two made for Akama.
    Gonna be awesome seeing custom models in the game for my Campaign, but I am seriously taking a break for now from it.
    And once again Proxy you and Jesus Hipster did a excellent job.

16. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    So you guys plan to make custom animations or just customizing in game anims? It really gives that Akama feeling, good job with his weapons.

17. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I am not aiming to make new animations from scratch, just heavily alter existing ones. However in case of Lady Blaumexx model i also wasn't aiming for a custom animation set. We'll see how it goes. I am also planning on animating his spine tentacles, that shouldn't be that hard. However my aim is mainly not to spoil great mesh of Proxy's with low-quality or unfitting animatios.

I don't realy like that mutaded draenai wibe that's coming from Akama wc3 animations, that's for sure.

18. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    How awexome. I love collaborations & you two make a great couple. Can't wait to see what your 'kid' looks like; will he take after PROXY more or JH? :p

19. PROXY

PROXY

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
  20. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Hey Proxy, will you continue with your tauren hero?