1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Prophet's Gambit v2.0.1

Submitted by Wark
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Prophet's Gambit

Version 2.0.1

Prophet's Gambit is a sandbox, co-op and competitive, RPG MOBA.
It has many aspects and resources borrowed from Blizzard and the
Hive Workshop website. It is based on the concept of combining many different
game types commonly seen online into one single unique game. I have, obviously,
added my own twists and rules to the concept.
This is the product of my labours:

Join the Alliance, join the Horde, or fight on your own!
The isle is alive with bandits, kobolds
and all kinds of baddies.
Build up your allies, switch sides,
or change your Hero at will!
The first side to kill the Dark Prophet,
destroy the opposing team's Castle or Fortress,
or build a wonder wins the game.

It can be played for single player fun, or in a multiplayer battle royale.
Each game takes approximately 1 to 2 hours to complete.
Other features include:
Competitive and/or co-operative gameplay, multiple item-based hero builds, a boss rush styled arena,
random loot, wicked sick death messages, a crime system, explosions and filthy bandits.

• v1.3.8 - Map released on Hive Workshop.
  • v1.7.8 - Ironed out some trigger problems and memory leaks. Made terrain adjustments Map approved.
  • v1.8 - Changed the name to be less lame and to give killing the Prophet a purpose. The Prophet is now called the Dark Prophet, and will harass players and NPCs on the map with random and deadly area-of-effect spells. Zombies and Heralds of Darkness will also spawn on the map at random. Added level 20 racial abilities to all Heroes.
  • v1.9 - Added loading screen art since file size restrictions are gone. Added a new legendary weapon that is obtained in a mysterious way. Fixed bugs with weather patterns.
  • v1.9.2 - The Dark Prophet now starts casting after the Plague Doctor is killed. Added description tooltips to elite units. Fixed neutral players from not being able to see each other. Adjusted the Garrote, Shadow Strike and Entangle abilities. Changed health and damage for some bosses.
  • v1.9.3 - Fixed a crash bug with the Tinker. Re-balanced alliance and horde unit health. Added a Repair ability to Utility Towers.
  • v1.9.5 - Tinker buffs: oil derricks now act as a limited gold supply. I wonder how you would dispel that blight to rebuild? Drones now can use items. Moved some gold mines around. Reduced normal damage amount to fortified armor.
  • v1.9.6 - Updated the Charge and Death Grip abilities to be leak proof and have smoother animations. Other minor changes to tooltips. Added a version that's below 8MB for those who want to play it with LAN.
  • v1.9.7 - BIG update: revamped Monk class with a whole slew of custom skills. Before the Monk was slow and clunky, now its skill selection has a smooth transition for combos. Fixed death messages not working for player kills. Added upgrades to the Fortress and Castle: players can now manually purchase upgrades for the Alliance or Horde. Increased starting gold. Rebalanced unit health, and adjusted unit priorities. Keeping map permanently below 8MB to avoid complications with LAN.
  • v1.9.9 - Removed map fog and nerfed Dark Memories. Knockback for everyone! Knockback no longer affects mechanical units. Changed the Shaman's Storm Call to a direct damage spell with knockback. Added knockback to the Hunter's Explosive Shot. Improved the Death Knight's Death Grip collision detection (by removed it completely).
  • v1.9.9b - Fixed knockbacks not working.
  • v1.991 - Fixed more targeting issues with knockbacks, tweaked the Shaman's Call Lightning ability.
  • v2.0 - Major overhaul. Updated AI for lanes, trees now regrow with individual timers to prevent workers from getting stuck, consumable items now stack in inventories, no zombies will spawn at the hero selection area, nerfed Dark Memories again, and halved the cost of Scrolls of Town Portal. New game mode: Fixed Teams. If all players vote in favour for fixed teams, those who picked a specific team on the map hosting screen will stay in that team.
  • v2.0.1 - Fixed a lot of crash bugs and removed many memory leaks to improve map performance. Drones can no longer use items, but can carry them.
Future projects:
  • terrain improvements, secret quests.

All of the game's custom model skins and icons are not my own. I do not take sole ownership of the ideas and concepts presented in this map. Credit goes to:
monkeyboy15, TC_Firestar, General Frank, HandCLAW, Direfury for the awesome dwarf models, Uncle Fester, frostwolf, Sin'dorei300, Tranquil, Linaze, TurieL, Norinrad for the awesome goblin models, Stefan.K, WhiteDeath, tillinghast, loktar, Alastor, JesusHipster, Mc !, Sellenisko, Dmitry Rommel, NFWar for a lot of his item icons, chr2, Dalharukn, Ardenian, PeeKay, Rizz_Boomer, Mad, San, Fjury, CRAZYRUSSIAN, MiniMage, JollyD, -Grendel, Laercio, CoLd Bon3, Paladon, Spinnaker, Bribe and Blizzard Entertainment.
Previews
Contents

Prophet's Gambit v2.0.1 (Map)

1. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just tested the map here's my review:

+ Good presentation ingame

+ Good customized units
    + Good gameplay
    + Good customized items

- Terrain is not bad but it's also not good

Overall, I'll rate this map 4/5 vote for approval and +Rep will change my rating when you've updated your map, you can also tell me if you're dissatisfied with my rating and I'll gladly remove it and my comment.

2. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Dissatisfied or not, I'm looking for honest feedback. The most I've done is tested it with friends, and now I feel like it's ready for critique from people who've been doing this for a long time. I also want to see if people find it fun. My goal is to make it as fun as possible.

3. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Like it or not, the site rules insist that you must at least have an in-game credits list, listing all the people whose resources you used in your project.
    I do not set the rules.

As for the map itself, a few things I noticed heads up.
    - Fog of war in the picking area. Not necessarily a bad thing, however I can guarantee you that a clear and clean space for picking classes/factions will probably players in figuring out initially what is going on.
    - There are a ton of units on the screen especially in town. Do civilians really need lifebars? Do shops standout enough from the background?
    - Your spell triggers have wait functions, which immediately means they are not multi-unit instanceable.

Ultimately, this is also one of those maps that requires a large team and a long play session to get a good grip on.
    That means that the approval process will likely take a long time.

In the mean time, there is a multiplayer fun-map event, if you really want someone to test your map; you could suggest it there.
    Funmap Evening Event

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  4. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah yes, I will definitely add more specific credits than a generic disclaimer. I'll start on the references. I like the idea of revealing the start location, too. Thank you. I intend civilians and critters to be killable in town for the crime and bounty triggers mostly, as well as ensuing chaos when fighting other players in towns. And yea. I know shop visibility is an issue.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  5. monkeyboy15

monkeyboy15

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    oooo a shiny map

6. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Added credits and did more polish after boss and loot table testing.

7. Aleister

Aleister

Resources:
    Resources:
    The playability of this map brought me old memories of the classic maps.
    I spent good hours of fun. Like it!
    Rating: 4/5

8. TC_Firestar

TC_Firestar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now this is a MOBA unlike any other I've played. Great map.

9. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alright, This version's pretty good from multiplayer testing. I've updated the screenshots to more accurately represent gameplay.

10. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Fun map, defenitely approvable.
    I'm tired now, I'll write a review later.

11. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you! But, my improvements don't stop here. I still feel the map needs more random events and mechanics to make it even more fun, maybe another new victory condition. I will definitely take a second look at terrain and class/racial skills.

12. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Right! The review!

I found this to be a very entertaining map. I played it for at least two or three hours before it got too late, and I went to sleep.

I tried the Tinker a lot, and found it to be really cool that you could build a base with a hero like that, and then join the fight with the constant flow of allies raining down the lanes.
    The entire goblin techtree is prett awesome. I especially liked the use of blight by the oil extractors.

Last hitting was quite tricky, I must say, and this might be good to make a little easier. Although, I played the tinker, so I didn't really need to last hit.

The waves of allies and enmies can build up quite strong, and like that overcome a base. It looks epic when 50+ units just crushes a base.
    The waves are well-balanced though, as this doesn't happen for a pretty long time in the game, and if there are heroes protecting or pushing the lanes, it will defenitely be balanced as in a AoS.

The terrain is not breathtaking, but in its modesty it is still charming, and the bases looks quite good.

The fog of war in the selection area could be removed in my opinion. Also the portals there allow you to choose a base, but if you go back through them, you end up in the eemy base, which have you killed in an instant.

I think you changed the name of the game, right? The new name is much more fitting!

13. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Ah yea, I changed the name because I wanted to make killing the Prophet meaningful, so I added events and purposes to that effect. It was the first real way to win the game when I started developing it. As for the portals, I added some info in the "Help" menu stating you can only change sides once every 5 minutes. Maybe I should make that mechanic more clear. I made the lane creeps balanced in a different way. Where Orc grunts have higher damage and health, human Footmen have faster attack speed and more armor. That sort of thing. I wanted balance in imbalance, and to make it lore friendly.

As for the terrain, most of it is randomly made on a whim. I put more detail into the towns than in the battlefield. In general, I just wanted something interesting for farming neutral hostile mobs or base building if they choose Tinker.

14. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    It is a nice RPG mod, really enjoyed it. Heroes are good and well made, gameplay interesting and especially not boring as many of the rest RPG maps for Warcraft 3, excepting Gaias Retaliation and Sunken City. Trust me or not I haven't found any bugs so far. Nothing to say but 5/5 for you. Good job!

15. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you for your time, Alxen. I am also looking for critical feedback. 1 thing I know I need to improve on is the terrain in general, do you notice anything that could use an update?

16. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The terrain, yes! It can be remade with some HD tilesets now that this patch allows us to host maps over 8mb, we can put more materials into our projects.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  17. Jon_jon13

Jon_jon13

Resources:
    Resources:
    I got this map yesterday, tested it single player (worked fine imo) and when I tried to play it LAN with my friends, it said the map file was too large, so we couldn't play it.

Anything I did wrong? Any solution?

Thanks in advance.

18. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I know that for hosting it on battle.net, it works fine since the patch. Did you try clicking the battle.net button to download the latest WC3 patch? I haven't tried it in LAN since I don't have people to play it with in LAN.

19. Jon_jon13

Jon_jon13

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't use battle.net, but afaik I have the latest (patch 1.27) released just last year, right?

I read somewhere that there's a file size limit for playing online, I imagine that limit was lifted in battle.net in this patch but for some reason it's still active in LAN? :(

PS: I found a fix on this same web and it works, I hope I'll try this map with my friends next session we have :)
    Warcraft III bypass map file size limit. [ver.6]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017