• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Let me go back to the whole training thing, if you are making it a campaign, just add a small 64x64 map called 'Training Room' or w/e. It takes 2 seconds to load a 64x64 with decent amount of models.

When the player gets a new gun or at any point in the game, they have an option of typing in '-training' or something which would transport them to the new map to test the new gun out or even improve skill with old guns. You could even make it so the game remembers what the newest weapon received is and start you out with that in the training map.

This is what I'm gonna do on the training thing.

@zlowly, nope this is what I already applied, gold = bullets lumber = magazine

Level 6
Not trying to promote my project here, but if people would find loading new maps for dungeons and new areas annoying, then people are going to hate Eldroc. Every dungeon is a separate map. My point is, Game Caches and Hashables are beautiful things, use them often.

Level 6
@SonofJay yeah like Atticus idea too to make a training room/system it must be gonna a medium room and having a moving robot target and everytime we clear our training we gonna get Agi,Str,Or Int or maybe get a experience/weapon experience to makeyour weapon upgraded...

Level 6
I have 2 more questions about acquiring weapons, and then a suggestion:

1. Can all weapons drop off all mobs? If not, are they specific to the enemies you kill? (ex. Sniper Enemy drops Sniper Rifle)

2. Are there regulations to what weapons can be used based on something other than the players hero level?

3. If neither are the case you could alter the heroes level to rather be the heroes rank, so instead of say 'Level 1' you could be 'Private' or 'Level 2' you could be 'Corporal'. At each rank you are given more options for weapons and abilities. Just a suggestion.

Level 28
I have 2 more questions about acquiring weapons, and then a suggestion:

1. Can all weapons drop off all mobs? If not, are they specific to the enemies you kill? (ex. Sniper Enemy drops Sniper Rifle)

2. Are there regulations to what weapons can be used based on something other than the players hero level?

3. If neither are the case you could alter the heroes level to rather be the heroes rank, so instead of say 'Level 1' you could be 'Private' or 'Level 2' you could be 'Corporal'. At each rank you are given more options for weapons and abilities. Just a suggestion.

1.) Not all mobs will drop weapons.

2.) Levels and stats(str, agi, int)

3.) I'll change levels by ranks, while you gain level, you'll get useful abilities.

Level 12
So, sonofjay, how does the stat system work here? What does str do? What does agi do? What does int do?

Here's a suggestion, if you haven't got a stat system so far:

Strength gives you extra damage per point or per x of str = 1 damage. Also gives you more hp.
Agility gives you some movement speed, and your lessens the recoil time from shooting.
Intelligence gives you energy, and strengthens skills like medication, painkillers, etc.

Level 12
Another suggestion along with the stat system and the skills implemented:

For example, you have a skill like Dash, the amount of time you can dash should be affected by your strength, and how fast you dash is affected by your intelligence. For medications, painkillers, and healing stuff, your agility affects how fast you can heal your teammates, and intelligence should be how much hp you can restore, or how effective your healing is. On using weapons, your strength would determine how much damage your weapon will deal plus it's initial damage to the enemy and how you carry your weapon, whether it moves when you spam bullets or not, your agility would determine how fast you can use your weapon, and how many bullets you can shoot before you recoil, and intelligence would determine your precision and accuracy.

Level 6
here's my suggestion
Strength:Give a more damage when shot enemies,having more HP,the recoil o weapon will get more reduced...
Agility:Give a speed,Accuration,Critical shot rate up,and when fight with melee combat will give you more attack speed.
Intelligence:Giving more energy and Ghost will have a time to read how the enemies move and shot giving him 1% evation rate

Energy is for a fuel for ghost to make him move if the energy is gone empty ghost can't move anymore.To restore energy you just need to sleep or sit...

Level 12
here's my suggestion
Strength:Give a more damage when shot enemies,having more HP,the recoil o weapon will get more reduced...
Agility:Give a speed,Accuration,Critical shot rate up,and when fight with melee combat will give you more attack speed.
Intelligence:Giving more energy and Ghost will have a time to read how the enemies move and shot giving him 1% evation rate

Energy is for a fuel for ghost to make him move if the energy is gone empty ghost can't move anymore.To restore energy you just need to sleep or sit...

I already suggested 3/4 of your suggestions. Accuracy and precision is more appropriate as an effect of your intelligence. Plus, why would there be evasion in here? Unless this is some sort of Matrix or Max Payne-ish map, then there would be no need for evasion, since you evade bullets on your own, it does not automatically evade for you.

Level 6
Thought of a spell last night you can use in this game if you want:

Tracer
Passive
Every forth attack the hero shoots out a tracer from their weapon, making the fifth shot x% more accurate, decreasing chance to miss by x% and damage increased by x%. However, after the tracer is sent out enemies attack is x% more effective.

I dunno, you could change it up so it made more sense. Just an idea.

Level 12
Thought of a spell last night you can use in this game if you want:

Tracer
Passive
Every forth attack the hero shoots out a tracer from their weapon, making the fifth shot x% more accurate, decreasing chance to miss by x% and damage increased by x%. However, after the tracer is sent out enemies attack is x% more effective.

I dunno, you could change it up so it made more sense. Just an idea.

Hmmm. The problem here is that, how would a tracer come out from a weapon from every fourth attack? It can't be possible unless you reload every four attacks. Plus, decreasing the chance to miss by x% wouldn't be good, because you shoot the bullets on your own, if it hits, it hits, if not, it doesn't. That's how FPS games go, unless you do some Max Payne-ish moves like flipping around and dodging bullets, which isn't the case here.

Btw, I've thought of a skill system for you. This Skill System is connected to the stat system. In one spell book, there are 11 skills right? There would be 4 strength skills, 4 agility skills, and 3 agility skills. These would level up according to your stats. Let's say you have a skill named Shove from your strength skill. It would level up after you reach a certain amount of strength. Same goes with agility skills and intelligence skills.

Another addition to the stat system I suggested earlier:

You get increased strength for every strength skill used, you get increased agility for every agility skill used, and you get intelligence for every intelligence skill used. You could change this into every 3 times of use = gain 1 stat, depends on how the cooldown system on your map works.

Plus, some skill suggestions:

Strength Skills

• Shove - When near the enemy, you can shove him dealing x str damage, and the shoved enemy gets slowed and pushed backwards.
  • Tackle - When near the enemy, you can tackle him, dealing x str damage.

Agility Skills

• Sprint - When activated, increases your movement speed by x, but has a limit. When you have run up to x distance, this buff gets removed.
  • Mobility - Gives the sprint skill +(constant)x bonus to the possible ran distance. (i.e. your normal sprint gives you the chance to run up to 1000 distance, with this skill, you get +(number here)(times x), added to 1000 to increase the possible ran distance). For example, the constant is 2 and your agi is 20, then you get increased 40 distance. Making it 1040.

Intelligence Skills

• Medication - When near downed ally, you may heal him depending on your int, plus x. Takes x seconds to use.
  • Careful Aim - When used, all of your attacks would have no (what do you call that, when your weapon moves cuz of too much shooting? like those in machine guns?). Lasts for x of your agi as seconds.

If you like these skills, you may edit them in any way, since I do not know of the values you are using on your map, that's why I didn't add constant values, and used variables like x on the suggested skills.

Level 6
Hmmm. The problem here is that, how would a tracer come out from a weapon from every fourth attack? It can't be possible unless you reload every four attacks. Plus, decreasing the chance to miss by x% wouldn't be good, because you shoot the bullets on your own, if it hits, it hits, if not, it doesn't. That's how FPS games go, unless you do some Max Payne-ish moves like flipping around and dodging bullets, which isn't the case here.

Well, one you could easily count ever 4 shots the player takes using a simple integer counter. And I guess instead of increasing accuracy, it just increases the damage of the 4th bullet. If its not for this game its not for this game, no biggie.

Level 28
@Hex Another great suggestion from you, I will make sure that I will list those suggestions down, but your agility skills suggestions won't do on Project Ghost, since pressing the up arrow key twice, the hero will run increasing his movement speed while draining mana.

@Atticus, damage will do than the accuracy, but your suggestion is a good one for assault rifles

EDIT: To all the testers, when I finish the training ground map, I'll send it to you to test the shooting system if its really that hard. And if it is really that hard, I'll find a way to make it user friendly.

Level 12
Well, one you could easily count ever 4 shots the player takes using a simple integer counter. And I guess instead of increasing accuracy, it just increases the damage of the 4th bullet. If its not for this game its not for this game, no biggie.

I didn't meant how it's triggered. I meant how it's possible irl. Let's say you're in a war, do you add a tracer into your weapon every four shots? You only shoot your loaded bullets right? That's why I said that. I'm being realistic.

Level 6
I don't wanna get into anything, but there are guns issued in the military that are used all the time, that are loaded with a tracer every 4 bullets. :p

Level 28
I don't wanna get into anything, but there are guns issued in the military that are used all the time, that are loaded with a tracer every 4 bullets. :p

I know, one of them are the m20 machine gun, US army use a rotation of 4 armor piercing bullets then 1 Tracer bullets. Also the British Army applied tracer on their .303 cartridge while the us army applied it on .30-06 Springfield. Tracer are useful against Zeppelins of Germany during World War 1

Level 12
I know, one of them are the m20 machine gun, US army use a rotation of 4 armor piercing bullets then 1 Tracer bullets. Also the British Army applied tracer on their .303 cartridge while the us army applied it on .30-06 Springfield. Tracer are useful against Zeppelins of Germany during World War 1

Then the Tracer ability should be only applied on some weapons, it being an Item Ability instead of a hero/unit ability.

Level 5
Careful Aim - When used, all of your attacks would have no (what do you call that, when your weapon moves cuz of too much shooting? like those in machine guns?). Lasts for x of your agi as seconds.

I believe that's recoil. Or essentially the same principle.

Might I add that some weapons could have a requirement of strength or so to be actually able to lift/carry them?

Level 12
I believe that's recoil. Or essentially the same principle.

Might I add that some weapons could have a requirement of strength or so to be actually able to lift/carry them?

Yes, it's recoil.

And yes, some weapons should have strength requirements OR:

A Class System. Where you could choose your class: Heavy Trooper, Sniper, etc.

You are still able to use different weapons, but you'll have to do something, like getting them, having the required stats to get them, etc.

Level 5
How about an implicit class system instead of an explicitly chosen one?

Gives the player some freedom of making Ghost the way he/she wants him to be.

What I mean is, instead of choosing a class, just make your own class by picking your focus stats, each of which affects your performance with weapons.

And is it worthwhile to add a gun-jamming system?

Level 28
How about an implicit class system instead of an explicitly chosen one?

Gives the player some freedom of making Ghost the way he/she wants him to be.

What I mean is, instead of choosing a class, just make your own class by picking your focus stats, each of which affects your performance with weapons.

And is it worthwhile to add a gun-jamming system?

XD Jam system haven't thought of that simple idea but very effective. I'll try to make that, I'm reworking the shooting system applying and try to smooth it a little before I gave the training map to the testers.

@Hex
We don't have class system here, you are free on what you want to do to Ghost, use mg, smg, rifles, etc. Since its a Campaign and not a ORPG or SRPG(anymore XD).

Level 6
Strength skill
-Supreme Combat:Giving Ghost more damage if fighting in melee combat
-Throw Power:When Ghost gonna throw some object or a gun/rifles it will be more stronger and dealing more damage

Agility skill
-Max Speed:Ghost is using his power to run faster then like a normal human do.He can't be seen with a naked eye.Giving ghost X second to invisible for moving if Ghost stop moving or attack someone Ghost will get seen.

Sorry blank for Intelligence skill :p

Level 12
Strength skill
-Supreme Combat:Giving Ghost more damage if fighting in melee combat
-Throw Power:When Ghost gonna throw some object or a gun/rifles it will be more stronger and dealing more damage

Agility skill
-Max Speed:Ghost is using his power to run faster then like a normal human do.He can't be seen with a naked eye.Giving ghost X second to invisible for moving if Ghost stop moving or attack someone Ghost will get seen.

Sorry blank for Intelligence skill :p

Well, as sonofjay said, there is already a dash in the game, so there would be no skills that give movement speed or is similar to dash. Plus, adding invi in an FPS game would ruin the fun of dash + melee-ing the enemy.

Level 6
Well, as sonofjay said, there is already a dash in the game, so there would be no skills that give movement speed or is similar to dash. Plus, adding invi in an FPS game would ruin the fun of dash + melee-ing the enemy.

Have an ability called 'Endurence' or somerthing then. Give it a way long cool down, and its only function is to reset all your cool downs. (Except of course its own.)

Level 6
JASS:
UnitResetCooldown
Resets every single ability... o.o
Idk how you could possibly ignore 1 ability

• ItemReset
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to THAT ITEM THAT RESETS THINGS
    • Actions
      • Set Hero = (Hero manipulating item)
      • Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from Hero
      • Unit - Reset ability cooldowns for Hero
      • Hero - Give (Last dropped item) to Hero
Works on spells too.

Level 28
RECRUITING!!!!

I'm looking for a decent jass coder(not vJass coder) to work with me on this late addition main system for Project Ghost, if you are interested to join just post on this thread then I'll pm you about the requirements to be accepted.

I won't tell what system I'm talking about, but I'm sure this will increase the gameplay of Project Ghost

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
Trying to be funny at the cost of other people's feeling is not something I'm a big fan of.

Apology accepted tho, you seem like a good kid, just don't mess with Jay atm, he is having a hard time finding the people which are needed for his project.

Status
Not open for further replies.