1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Project Discussion

Discussion in 'Apocalypse' started by Craka_J, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why not finish the more complete one, then finish the other?

2. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sounds good.

~Craka_J

3. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've been doing some planning for this project and thinking about the plans we've made already. A lot of what we've planned is extremely complex and very dependent on a good physics system, and without one, this project will move very slowly. So, I thought it was time to come up with some newer plans for triggerers to start working on; stuff much easier than we had planned already. None of the JASSers want to be bothered with working on Apocalypse because there's so much to get done and so little completed in the trigger field already. It is very demoralizing and not very interesting to many. But at least the terrain is keeping our current fan-base eager enough to wait. :wink:

I won't exploit my plans right now, but I will probably tomorrow or hopefully some time this weekend.

Some one told me that Apocalypse being like a pimped-out Resident Evil survival map is just boring, but with a twist. I understand exactly what they meant and we'll just have to be more creative with how things are killed, the way they spawn, and the rewards for doing it all right. How will we do this? I haven't put a lot of thought into it, so I can't answer that right now. I'll keep you all up to date though on what the plans are once they've been decided and agreed upon with the development team of Apocalypse.

~Craka_J

4. Dreadnought[dA]

Dreadnought[dA]

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've tried 4 different ways to get ahold of u so now I'm actually posting! Send me the map or I cannot work on it lol!!! Punisher do you ever check your MSN or get on it? Please send the map!

5. Kofi_Banan

Kofi_Banan

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Action is placed in year 2012. Will this be released in year 2012?

6. DaFranker

DaFranker

Resources:
    Resources:
    It might be, at this rate. I haven't heard again from any of those plans Craka_J expressed, though there's more than just what he posted here (conversations and e-mails, too). Still waiting for any kind of "instructions" over here.

I did take the initiative of exploring other possibilities regarding the physics engine (not-so-subtle message directed at Grim here...), but since I don't really get much information and feel like I'm working alone, it's not really going too fast.

Anyway, this map kind of needs a little boost somehow. Don't look at me, I'm just a scripter, not a PR guy, and even less of a team manager. Meh.

7. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I thought you went AWOL! :p

Oh well. I'm tired of waiting for this huge physics system by grim which has taken forever to make, so its time to either start our own or build up an advanced physics system from someone elses.

~Craka_J

8. DaFranker

DaFranker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I *did* send two emails and post a thread about it in our *other* forum, with suggestions to solve the "excruciating wait" problem, but I got the no-reply treatment :(

Anyhow, I'd be glad to get started on that stuff... but not right now. I've got my schedule filled to zero-point space until the end of the month. Well, maybe not the whole month, but for a week or two at least. Did you happen to catch a "replacement" scripter while I was "AWOL"? ;P

9. Punisher_x

Punisher_x

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not any farther than when i left it.

10. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I haven't found a scripter, but have found a GUI triggerer as a placeholder. His GUI triggers will be replaced later on if needed once other higher priority trigger-related objectives are accomplished.

~Craka_J

11. Dreadnought[dA]

Dreadnought[dA]

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry but... Your just too dang slow. 3 weeks and I still haven't gotten a map from 3 people I've contacted. If you want I can make some systems, but I have my own very large project called EW. I already posted on it in the poll thread.

If you can get the map to me I'll work on some things. I love doing complicated spells and guns. (I could make a grav gun) I've already done something similar with the Gods in my EW map. They can float around, pickup units, and then if you move quickly and drop a unit, it will be flung in that direction, dealing AoE damage when it hits the ground. Just wanted to let you know. Also, I'll probably post ideas on this map. I've got a couple good ideas up my sleeve. Besides.. you said you have 2 people working on triggers...

12. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ask DaFranker for the map. Otherwise you'll have to wait until this weekend to begin working.

~Craka_J

13. busterkomo

busterkomo

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I've finished the power-up system. Has anyone gathered any ideas for the 3rd unnamed power-up?

14. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not yet. In fact, I think DaFranker wants to make the names less "Arcade-Like". It is a simple matter which doesn't need immediate attention, however, will be attended to later.

~Craka_J

15. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What will happen if a player unit got turned into a zombie? Will the player lose or will the player still have control over the unit?

16. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very good question. Well I'm still trying to decide if the players are transformable at all. The marines you are being are immune to this new infectious disease going around and so the chances of you actually becoming one of them is very unlikely. However, I might make it so after a player dies, he spawns as a zombie with a very brief amount of abilities (About one or two) to attempt to kill the other players. The zombie player will spawn with the other zombies though, to ensure that the player doesn't ruin the game for those whom he was standing around.

Once the player turns into a zombie, there's a very high chance we'll make the zombie player be able to control his zombie. It should make playing the game more interesting and a small thing like that might actually make it more fun too.

But this is just an idea of mine which might or might not get added. I'm still deciding. Let me know if you like the idea or not.

~Craka_J

17. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Even if the marines are immune to the gas. The saliva and blood of the zombies/mutants are a lot more concentrated. Are you sure their immune system are able to handle such big of an infection if they were bit?
    If a small infection is able to kill some white blood cells then a huge infection would be devastating.

If there was such a thing called an "anti-virus". Could it be possible if a player was infected the team mates could be able to reverse the effect using an anti-virus? Like 50/50% of working? Ofc the player would never become fully normal again.

Craka_J, watch some Resident Evil movies and Dawn/Shawn of the Dead lol... It is really some fun stuff.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  18. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Good ideas and good point too. Perhaps I will add it.

And I've seen those movies already, along 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks later.

~Craka_J

19. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Woo hoo! The mighty lord Craka_J is considering my ideas!

20. Dreadnought[dA]

Dreadnought[dA]

Resources:
    Resources:
    This might change gameplay too drastically, but you could make a portal gun. It creates portals that you can walk through :eek: I think it would be about as gameplay changing as the Gravity Gun.