• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Development: SoHE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
The mushrooms do look a little... unnatural. Maybe scale them down (to regular sized shrooms) and put them in clumps. Not sure how that would look.

Level 9

Awesome!

The mushrooms do look a little... unnatural. Maybe scale them down (to regular sized shrooms) and put them in clumps. Not sure how that would look.
the map will be on the Social Group along with my Brief idea you can check it then and see why I put them and what's making them needed there
about size yea might do that.

Level 10
yea the thread had been a bit dead since a while..

What, one day? People are probably just busy. We don't need a bump because we've broke our world record for keeping this thread active and posting at least once a day. :xxd:

Didn't get any news yesterday though. :sad:

EDIT:
No news again... oh well.

Last edited:
Level 4
While I wait for the team to look at my update, I am working on the Mission 2 stuff.
I have finished/ most of the troll tech tree (Buildings and Units) and after I find out if I have finished the tech tree and anything else I have to do, I will wait and see what will be finalized for it.

Level 10
SoHE News
Progress! We are beginning to work on our ideas for chapter 2 and are revamping existing ideas. Feel free to join us (members of the SoHE Project Team) if you haven't already!

We still need some work for Chapter 1 to complete it. Any triggerers?

Level 6
hey, i can do some animating(yeah add anims)
for cinematics, i can do special animations for some cinematics if you want

i'll help, and i can do some triggering too!
i cannot visit this thread very much though

but i can help you out if you request to, and if you PM me.

I really want to help

Level 10
SoHE News
Most recently, dragoon431 joined our team. Most of you may have not noticed, but then again I almost forgot myself, which is not a good sign. Hopefully, he will contribute at some point. If not, well, you know.

Progress is still happening, while many of our newest members, including our veterans, :)D) are pumping out the ideas. I'd like to acknowledge WillofKhrone and Arisaitou as 2 of our newest members who are on an idea streak! :grin: I like it!

EpicCraft has agreed to do some of the triggers, but not all. (I won't allow him to do all of them. :smile:)

Level 10
SoHE News
Well, I don't know if I've said this already, but it seems the amount of activity is increasing on the Social Group and it just keeps going up. Make me proud my fellow teammates! :mwahaha:

I'll be opening a separate discussion with "polls" that I'm thinking of having in the Soical Group so I can get some opinions in about certain things. The first poll I'll be having is "Should we drop Dragoon431?" If you ever have any suggestions about any possible things we can vote on, just post it there and see what everyone else thinks.

The reason I haven't been posting many of these SoHE News posts (before yesterday's) is because, well there wasn't much going on, just in case you were wondering what was going on. Oh, and it was partly also because I was messing with Arisaitou a little too. :D

Level 10
SoHE News
Well, it seems just about everyone agrees with me to kick out dragoon431. Done. :pal:

For anyone who doesn't already know, Miss_Foxy left the team a little while ago. You may have noticed her username missing from the Social Group members list and the project thread's "Current Members" list, but regardless, I'm sorry for not putting it on the news earlier.

Level 13
Well I have some free time and was shifting through projects and this looks promising so I am wondering if you would need anther person for terraining?? Edit:I think I just noticed the Non Available N/A thing but I may be wrong so correct me if I am.

Here are some works if you wanted some examples.

wc3scrnshot040211212955.png

wc3scrnshot032411084430.jpg

wc3scrnshot040711231432.png

Level 9
Well I have some free time and was shifting through projects and this looks promising so I am wondering if you would need anther person for terraining?? Edit:I think I just noticed the Non Available N/A thing but I may be wrong so correct me if I am.

Here are some works if you wanted some examples.

wc3scrnshot040211212955.png

wc3scrnshot032411084430.jpg

wc3scrnshot040711231432.png

Beats Mine any day :p

though this tells me a different story
Not Terrain helping ATM

personally I'd like improve my terrain rather than have someone else do it
But it's Slayer's Decision

Level 10
It is. It takes place after Arthas goes to Quel'thalas, revives Kel'thuzad, and kills Sylvanas. Any other events from SoHE after that point are completely made up. It does take place in the Warcraft Universe (obviously). The plot itself is not aligned with events from the Warcraft Universe. Now I'm thinking perhaps it should be in some way. I do not know if I've completely answered your question, but I did my best anyway.

Level 4
Ok, so far the quest is going good. I have started to add that when the red generator dies the force wall is removed. Red Generator is 100% working and now have to do Blue Generator, Green and Purple.

Level 9
Ok, so far the quest is going good. I have started to add that when the red generator dies the force wall is removed. Red Generator is 100% working and now have to do Blue Generator, Green and Purple.

The Horn has Sounded and I have come, as Promised!
180px-Furion.jpg

anyways if you can trigger the things up till some extent we can finally proceed
I have to inform you guys that on 2nd May I'm going out with the Family for a 15 days trip can't expect anything from me during it
so yea I'd be trying to complete a few maps and deliver them before leaving.

Level 4
Yesterday I got Blue screen of Death while WE was open so i re-opened it and i have to redo the Generator Triggers. Ths should not have happened because i have auto-save every 5 mins...

I will tell you when all is done and the link to get it.

EDIT: I also started editing the Dragonhawk model (for modeling practice) and made a Riderless Dragonhawk :D
This gave me a unit idea,:

Dragonhawk (Riderless/Unmounted): A riderless Dragonhawk. This unpredictable beast is specialized in anti-air and can be mounted by (UNIT HERE). Can attack ground and air units.

Breathes fire (which is how i can attack ground too)
What you think?

Last edited:
Level 10

How so very discouraging. At first, I thought you actually posted something helpful just looking at the User CP and then when I looked at the post, all I get is a bump. :hohum:

EDIT:
Really, I wish everyone was a little more active. The fact that everyone's so inactive is starting to making me lose hope in the project. I'd really hate for it to end up abandoned. I've sunken so much time and effort into this project, it's not even funny. I've worked with this project for approximately 5 months, either as the Project Manager or as the Lead and I used to see something in SoHE.

Come on guys, we can't let this project die like this, can we?

Last edited:
Level 4
Im just waiting because i don't know what to do. I have done all of what i can do for mission 1 but i never got anything for mission 2. I too don't wish for this project to die.
*bump*

I am going to work on the rest of those units and troll building tech tree and possibly the High Elf Tech Tree.

Last edited:
Level 4
I am also available for skinning if you like.
The tech tree is coming nicely :)
I will post soon.

EDIT: I have sent you all a message of the download link of the Tech Tree. It's a notepad because i need it finalized and everything.
Hope you like it.

Last edited:
Level 4
Inactive Notice

INACTIVE NOTICE:
I will be inactive for 1-3 days then I may come on abit the I will be inactive for 2-4 days maybe.
This is because I have to do assignments, only 3 so it shouldn't take to long.
I will finish ASAP.

Level 10
Progress Update/SoHE News

It has come to my attention that Chapter One is done and over with, am I right? Sure I am. :D

Completed Maps: 2/11 (18%)
Current Map in Progress: Chapter 2: Attack on the Trolls
Current Map in Progress Stage: Object Placing/Editing (2/3)
[TD][SIZE="-1"]SoHE[/SIZE][/TD][TD]Project Progress:[/TD]

SoHE News
EpicCraft will be inactive for a little while (look at the post right above this one).

GIANT_CRAB has posted in the SoHE News that he will be more active now. Hurray! (*cough* About time. *cough*)

Chapter One is done and over with, finally.
Cool :) Need any models?
And no, Fuzzyfury, we're good. No models needed right now. Thanks though.

Oh one more thing, I'd like to know who has the latest campaign file. I was gonna do something, I think... place units or something. I don't know, lol. I'll figure it out. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.