• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Development: SoHE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
OK, then. Lets get our daily update up here:

SoHE News
EpicCraft, a former Beta Tester for the SoHE will be coming back to the project after all and says he is working on something for the project. I guess we'll all have to see what that will be... He will resume working with us as a Beta Tester and hopefully contribute some ideas to the project.

ImperialShadow will be resuming the position of Project Lead tomorrow and I will continue working with SoHE only as the Project Manager, the position right below him.

The name of the Thinker position will now be know as the Idea Person position. And no, I really can't make up my mind about it.
I'll try to get daily updates up here probably almost everyday on weekdays around the same time if anything new is happening or I have something to share.

EDIT:
Oops, I think I double posted. If just one more minute would have went by I would have been alright...

Level 10
BTW Slayer have you thought about making a progress meter for the project.

Would be nice to keep everyone updated :)

Yeah, I might telling which missions have completed in the thread. Was thinking about that yesterday. :con:

Gotta go deal with my notifications now...

EDIT:

Too bad we can't squeeze Illidan in there somewhere. Illidan rulez! But, I guess we'd just be "squeezing him in" like I said. No real place for him. :sad:

Last edited:
Level 10
So, my fellow team members, I need you all to give some feedback on an idea that ImperialShadow came up with the other day.

:fp:In Chapter 1, the chapter that has the completed terrain and takes place in a cave. 'Shadow suggested that we include Orc Skeletons in it. And I'm thinking maybe have it as an Optional Quest. Maybe make the story similar to the TFT Night Elf Campaign 02.

Just another one of the many ideas I'd like to get some feedback on.

Level 4
In Chapter 1, the chapter that has the completed terrain and takes place in a cave. 'Shadow suggested that we include Orc Skeletons in it. And I'm thinking maybe have it as an Optional Quest. Maybe make the story similar to the TFT Night Elf Campaign 02.

Just another one of the many ideas I'd like to get some feedback on.

that is a pretty good idea but I don't think the High Elves would worry about anything than getting away from the Scourge so... I don't think there should be a side quest ike that but maybe you can do something like different pathways and they have different orc clan skeletons in each one...

Level 7
Ok, I since I am modeling here, I would like to hear your oppinions. I am making Arcane Golem right now. It is nearly done, texture is the only thing I haven't done so far. Give me your comments.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 128
  • Arcane_Guardian.jpg
    Arcane_Guardian.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 89
Level 6
This project look so fun, I will follow you and test it when it will be released. If you need help with the terrain I can take a look and give suggestion

Level 9
Ok, I since I am modeling here, I would like to hear your oppinions. I am making Arcane Golem right now. It is nearly done, texture is the only thing I haven't done so far. Give me your comments.

looks pretty good actually, kind of more like a Holy Space Protoss Golem though
I don't know much about modeling but do you think making some light emit from the exposed parts would be possible and good ?

Update on the Terrain,it will take a bit longer but would surely be one of the best I ever made stay Tuned!

that is a pretty good idea but I don't think the High Elves would worry about anything than getting away from the Scourge so... I don't think there should be a side quest ike that but maybe you can do something like different pathways and they have different orc clan skeletons in each one...
I'm afraid the map's kind of small for more than 1 optional Quest,
Skeleton Orcs can be good in there serving as ghosts of the past who had that place as their kingdom before the Elves took over.

This project look so fun, I will follow you and test it when it will be released. If you need help with the terrain I can take a look and give suggestion
all suggestion is welcome ^^ I would really appreciate some Feedback on it

Level 10
Update on the Terrain,it will take a bit longer but would surely be one of the best I ever made stay Tuned!

Alright, Mr. Z. Will do!

Thanks, but like Stormy said, feel free to give suggestions on the project, not just the terrain.

It looks OK. The first one titled "Untitled" is the one right? The other one looks too good to be a Warcraft 3 model. If I'm not mistaken, that's the WoW Arcane Golem model, right?

Good to hear from everybody. Keep up the good work, team!

Level 4
I'm afraid the map's kind of small for more than 1 optional Quest,
Skeleton Orcs can be good in there serving as ghosts of the past who had that place as their kingdom before the Elves took over.

That is a good idea and by the sounds of it it could be a Main Quest instead of optional because they have to get past a gate but they need a key or a Dead Orc's body part or something...

By the sounds of everything else we are doing great, the cinematic for the interlude is goin well too, now i know to use Azgalor in one version and Tichondrius in another to see which is better. Azgalor is goin first.

Level 10
That is a good idea and by the sounds of it it could be a Main Quest instead of optional because they have to get past a gate but they need a key or a Dead Orc's body part or something...

That could work too. I think that's a good idea. Give the Skeletal Orcs a key or something, but to escape the cave, you gotta bring down a Force Wall by destroying the Power Generators. So what's everyone else think?

By the sounds of everything else we are doing great, the cinematic for the interlude is goin well too, now i know to use Azgalor in one version and Tichondrius in another to see which is better. Azgalor is goin first.

Oh, yeah. I almost forgot about that. I went to go to the first page of this thread and clicked "Edit" at the bottom of the first post, and then I stopped and starting thinking, "Wait, what was I gonna do again?" But anyway, I'll be changing the first post to read correctly now.

Level 4
That could work too. I think that's a good idea. Give the Skeletal Orcs a key or something, but to escape the cave, you gotta bring down a Force Wall by destroying the Power Generators. So what's everyone else think?

I am happy you like it :)

Level 10
I am happy you like it :)

Yeah, but your idea couldn't really work here though since we are using a Force Wall, not a gate. Don't misunderstand me, I do like your idea, but we couldn't really fit that one in there unless we change the Force Wall to a gate and scrap the Power Generator idea.

I better stop calling this a daily update, it's more like an "Anytime I Feel Like It" update.

Well, here it is anyway:
SoHE News
I have acknowledged EpicCraft's idea and just changed the interlude, "Interlude: The Demonic Request's" description. Now, instead of Azgalor delivering the message to Grom, it's Tichondrius, since he's closer to Ashenvale then Azgalor. Makes more sense to me.

Level 4
Yeah, but your idea couldn't really work here though since we are using a Force Wall, not a gate. Don't misunderstand me, I do like your idea, but we couldn't really fit that one in there unless we change the Force Wall to a gate and scrap the Power Generator idea.

What if we make it that the generator won't be functional unless a certain key/Orc body fragment is placed to power it then the force wall does whatever you guys had planned.

Level 4
Last edited:
Level 4
I have an idea that can suit the generator AND a guardian.
We can put in like a golem thing (you know how you sometimes walk past golems and they stand still then they come alive?) and make it that if you go near the generator a golem forms up from the generator (golem = guardian) and you kill it then you get like a key or a crystal you can use to power down the wall or somethin...

Level 4
then why not make it an arcane generator as a Arcane Golem? The High Elves i believe mainly used Arcane with towers, gates, arrows, buildings and magic.

Also, having the Elven Ranger Corps. would be pretty good I think. Even though there general is dead, why not make it that you are part of the Elven Ranger Corps. and Sylvannas ordered you and others to escape but obviously not all the Ranger Corps.

Last edited:
Level 7
About Arcane Orc Warlock,we can put the Arcane orc warlock as optional quest in m5.The fel orc warlock were captured by elves and experiment them with arcane magic.The Elves captured 5 fel orc Warlock.Malfegor,The Leader of fel orc warlock and his 4 fel orc warlock were experiment with arcane magic and now they loyal to Dalos Hawking.Cuase the elves remove the bloodlust from their body and put the Good arcane magic.

Level 10
Say, does anyone around here like working with the Object Editor? If so, they could get a job like that in this project. It's not that I'm lazy and don't feel like doing it myself, it's just that managing, or leading (my bad) a project is hard work. Tiring for sure.

SoHE News
Project Leadership has now been permanently transferred to Slayer14. If you have any further questions or comments, feel free to contact me.

Also, I'd like someone to do some of the simple Object Editing stuff for our project if possible. I'm pretty busy these days.

Level 7
About Arcane Orc Warlock,we can put the Arcane orc warlock as optional quest in m5.The fel orc warlock were captured by elves and experiment them with arcane magic.The Elves captured 5 fel orc Warlock.Malfegor,The Leader of fel orc warlock and his 4 fel orc warlock were experiment with arcane magic and now they loyal to Dalos Hawking.Cuase the elves remove the bloodlust from their body and put the Good arcane magic.

didn't you leave?

Level 10
Ohhhhh... man. So much chaos today! :slp:

Well, anyway I will need the triggerers to do something soon. In Chapter 1, if it is possible, I'll need a triggerer that can give extra gold for another Chapter when you collect Gold Coins. (Like TFT Undead Campaign 07A, 07B, and 07C.)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Level 4
197019-albums4413-picture43934.jpg

That is brilliant! :goblin_good_job:
Can't wait to see it finished :)

It is also good that we are finishing up the first level:

Completed Maps: 2/11 (18%)
Current Map in Progress: Chapter 1: Escape from Quel'Thalas
Current Map in Progress Stage: Object Editing and Placing (2/3) :ogre_hurrhurr:

Last edited:
Level 10
Yeah, I know. When 'Shadow stepped down, I took Stormy's advice and decided to deal with only one thing at a time, and I know for a fact that Chapter 1 is nowhere near done, so I'm not going to try to get ahead of myself.

Btw, I think I found what picture -Kobas- used to make the big picture at the top of the first post. It's just the High Elves' insignia streched out a bit with a shadow. And here I was thinking he made that.

Icon_HighElf.png

Level 9
Yeah, I know. When 'Shadow stepped down, I took Stormy's advice and decided to deal with only one thing at a time, and I know for a fact that Chapter 1 is nowhere near done, so I'm not going to try to get ahead of myself.

Btw, I think I found what picture -Kobas- used to make the big picture at the top of the first post. It's just the High Elves' insignia streched out a bit with a shadow. And here I was thinking he made that.

Icon_HighElf.png

That can be a good Pic for the Starting page (campaign page or/and Intro)
I think we could get it to those Sig/Bg makers and make it appear flashing in as a gif file.

Mr. Z's Brief Idea over Mission 1

Units : Hero , 3 footman, 2 Archers, 2 Carts, I engineer
The Cart of course has that replace magic ability of the Obsidian Statue(undead unit) and it is needed to survive until we get to the Capital City.

This is how I could come up with the Force Walls and Magic Generators
(Circle is Generator, Line is Wall with corresponding colour ) ( black cross lines is Rock Chunks blocked area White boxes are Creepspots)
Creeps : Skeleton, Skeleton Orcs, Banshee/Ghost/Wraith[found in the creeps of underground..] (and Spiders ? they can be helpful in small areas)
Prescribed Models
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...9740/?prev=search=skeleton&r=20&d=list&page=2
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/skeleton-49070/?prev=search=skeleton&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/lurker-187406/?prev=search=skeleton&r=20&d=list&page=2
Final Area Ones
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ight-185740/?prev=search=skeleton&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...7036/?prev=search=skeleton&r=20&d=list&page=2

attachment.php

as we get in have some dialogues of seeing those walls and Mark Quest to find way to put them out (we can have the engineer say that)
Sub Quest 1 destroy Red Generator, 2nd Blue Generator, a chat on seeing the rocks and stuff and then to find a new way
, 3rd Purple one and then the Green one(purple is not necessary)

[My attempt on trying to fit in EpicCraft's Idea]

the 2 Exits at the End (where the Green walls are) can be spawning locations for the skeleton orcs which I believe epiccraft had mentioned, can help but it would make it a bit crowdy until our triggers will have good conditions of having only limited number of them
(the orcs don't need to attack each other they can come to us instead)
but the idea is a bit too much still for the map

at the Green one we can have the King Skeleton and the Knight things as some Old Orc Leader whose Ghost still lived there, Name ? can't think of many how about.. Guldar :p
Name of the Clan/Kingdom can be Bone Hammer Clan! (does sound funny xD)

Lore
The Orcs who served the Burning Legion in the 1st war in that region never actually died, they still stayed hidden inside waiting for their master to come.
so yea we can also have some sort of Dramatic( or funny) Dialogue by the King of Bones like "MUAHAHA I TOLD U I TOLD U THEY WILL COME NOW U SHALL FEEL THE WRATH OF THE BURNING LEGION!!"

so yea by the layout of the map and the Generator placement it does form into a small puzzle which only a less than 5 year old can't solve ^^
Please do give your opinions/suggestion and Finalize it in your way so that we can get moving ^^

Attachments

• sohemi1dea.PNG
    sohemi1dea.PNG
    26.3 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
Level 10
Nice epic post there MrStormy! Took me a while to clearly understand in though. Nice, I think I got it now and it seems pretty good. The only thing is now, I gotta make sure I know what I'm doing when it comes time to place all of this. Ah, I'll be fine though. Thanks Z!

So, EpicCraft, you can go ahead and make these units here that MrStormyZ posted. I'll be adding these models to the "Units" section of the first post now.

EDIT 1:

SoHE News
Chapter 1 ideas have been officially finalized. I have added in some things of my own that I hope you guys will like. Suggestions added and tweaked to my liking. Didn't add that minimap with all the lines though. It's a little too much, but we'll still be using that layout for the force walls and stuff.

New units added: Lurker, Skeletal Raider, Skeleton Champion, Rajz'narak.
Any further questions or comments regarding SoHE are welcome. Thank you!

EDIT 2:

Btw, thinking about having an Alpha release of the campaign, with just 4 or 5 of the chapters completed. Just something I might wanna do. :)

EDIT 3:

Check it out, a flag for the High Elves with their insignia on it made by Fuzzyfury!
200270-albums4385-picture43994.jpg

Nice, eh? It'll look more awesome in-game. I guarantee it. :)

Last edited:
Level 7
Hey you guys I updated the Cinematic you can check it out if ya want Cinematic 1

Let me know what ya think.

Ok, I found two things that I would change if I were you.

1. one of the soldiers in Dalos' camp (or whatever his name is) is playing no animations. fix that

2. The distance between Sylvanas and Dalos is too llittle. She could easily shout out to him and not send a messenger xD Looks kinda stupid.

Level 4
What fuzzy fury said is pretty good. You could do a fade out black thing but why not make it that It's night time and it's storming and all and instead of a black fade out, you can do a blue Mask fade (like a fade out ith black or white but blue) and you can make it fade out over 0.10 or whatever seconds and make it look like you saw lightning :)

High Elf Arch Cleric:
Spellcaster unit. Has the abilities Healing Rain, Rain of Thunder, Flame Aura, and Summon Golem.

I think that that is too much for a spellcaster unit. I think you should take out the 'Summon Golem' as clerics don't summon, 'Rain of thunder' cause that sounds like a Shaman. Flame Aura could work if it was something that damaged melee units attacking your units if your cleric was around (like thorns aura).
Healing rain sounds pretty good to me :)

Level 9
well doesn't seem like anyone there actually did leave
The Flag is awesome :piru:

about the Cinematic I was just wondering why was the scroll speed using in, probably for the workers to run fast, but can't we just do that using the object editor ?
not to mention I still would say we need some changing in the dialogues it is straight up making sense, but has least emotion or life.It is after all the 1st Cinematic don't you think it must be better ?
Yea and also agreed with the Black Fade in out Effect.

speaking of dialogues I would like to apply for a position called Dialogue maker incase you liked the ones I made earlier ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.