• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Development: SoHE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
any work?

There should be as a matter of fact and as soon as I find out which one of these guys were working on the project file last, (lol) I'll get that information to you. I believe the first or second chapter might be in need of a cinematic or something. EpicCraft did some of the triggerering in your absence.

Man, whatever happened to SoHE Army? :sad:

Level 12
There should be as a matter of fact and as soon as I find out which one of these guys were working on the project file last, (lol) I'll get that information to you. I believe the first or second chapter might be in need of a cinematic or something. EpicCraft did some of the triggerering in your absence.

Man, whatever happened to SoHE Army? :sad:

Urgh, cinematic.... :bored:
Give me work to do.... D:

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
sorry for a huge inactivity, or better to say, doing apsolutely nothing for the project. I was the triggerer, and now I will leave the project, sorry guys, got not much time, and to be honest, not much will for mapmaking. I already said to someone that I will probably leave this project, but it wasn't for sure, so I waited for this moment when I am sure. Happy mapmaking!

Level 12
sorry for a huge inactivity, or better to say, doing apsolutely nothing for the project. I was the triggerer, and now I will leave the project, sorry guys, got not much time, and to be honest, not much will for mapmaking. I already said to someone that I will probably leave this project, but it wasn't for sure, so I waited for this moment when I am sure. Happy mapmaking!

I respect you decision for leaving us alone, now we are forever alone...

Level 10
Crabby, crabby, crabby, crabby... got you some work now (...finally.) xD

Chapter One:
Chapter One is basically done, but we need to get Dalos Hawkwing to Chapter Two with all of his information (items, level, abilities, etc.). So you need to make a trigger that does a Game Cache thing. You know, at the end of the game, store Dalos so we can restore him later.

Chapter Two:
For Chapter Two, I need a real short cinematic at the top right corner of the map where the units move down to the right a little and then begin talking. First restore Dalos from Chapter One and then have the cinematic.

Cinematic Script Rough Draft
Dalos Hawkwing: Where are we?

Priest: Sir, we are in the Plaguelands. The area's mostly controlled by Forest Trolls.

Dalos Hawkwing: Hmm. We better start looking for a Gold Mine and a place to set up camp if we are to survive.
After that, have a main quest appear.
Title - Set Up Camp.
Requirements -
Find a Gold Mine
Dalos must survive

That's what I got so far. Ideas are still developing though! Anybody else are welcome to comment and make suggestions on what they think should be changed.

Level 4
Good News to everyone :D

I have finally got the tech tree map and I am inserting this tech tree to the file as I type (because I have skill at multi-tasking :p).

The campaign will be done faster and so will Mission 2 :)

Level 10
Nice work with the update Epic! Just a few more things need to be changed in the techtree, which I assume is just some of the few unfinished things that are still being worked on (Gryphon Rider in the Dragon Aviary, old siege units, etc.) We need to look for some new models for siege units, but in the meantime, I suppose we can always just use the Night Elven Ballista if we have to. :)

Level 4
Yea i was planning to use something like the balista because in the RoC undead campaign they use them. BTW I intended to give it to you so we an finish mission 2 and/or 3 with that part of it and finish tech tree later. Thanks btw lol :p

Level 2
i think this campaign will be a success and i hope so
and maybe u should use some more units for the High Elves
maybe a High Elve Champion
and the terrain in the Chapter one is a little sluggish if u know what i mean
i hope good luck for your map
Edit:sorry the terrain is not slugish or anithing else haha no offense MrStormyZ

Last edited:
Level 10
i think this campaign will be a success and i hope so
and maybe u should use some more units for the High Elves
maybe a High Elve Champion
and the terrain in the Chapter one is a little sluggish if u know what i mean
i hope good luck for your map
Edit:sorry the terrain is not slugish or anithing else haha no offense MrStormyZ

Thanks, we're still working on the units and stuff. Actually, we are still working on a lot of stuff.

But still, thanks. :)

Level 4
I will be inactive for abit due to my injured right arm (typing with my left arm sucks :p)
I don't know when I can come back but I have a doctor's appointment in afew days so I hope it is soon.

Level 10
I will be inactive for abit due to my injured right arm (typing with my left arm sucks :p)
I don't know when I can come back but I have a doctor's appointment in afew days so I hope it is soon.

Oo
get well soon man we need ya

For sure. We really do. Your the best we got. (No offense to anyone else. :D) Get well soon. :thumbs_up:

Level 4
Thank you guys!

Well, I have some good news and some bad news...
The good news is that I know when I can come back...
The bad news is I will (hopefully) come back around 2-3 weeks...

If my arm does not heal by then I have to get an x-ray and another check up so...
Lets hope it heals soon!

BTW: typing with my left arm sucks :p

Last edited:
Level 4
Thanks daizangan :)
Well, 2-3 weeks is the time i can come back and work on everything properly but I MIGHT be able to do some little things during the 2-3 weeks.

I hope to be of some kind of use in the mean time.

Level 4
Relax Epic, you're injured. This isn't a job where some boss is standing over your shoulder all the time pressuring you to work yourself to death. Let yourself heal up first, and then afterwards, you can come back and work on SoHE. :)
Thank you for your concern oh mighty master :p
Well, I suppose if you would rather I heal up first I suppose there is still one thing I can do without using my arm. Guess what it is I can do without looking down...

Think of Ideas, instead of using my arm I can use my head :D
btw, If you looked here without guessing then you didn't use your head :p

I will keep all of the ideas with me until my arm is healed, once it is I will tell you my ideas in the project group :)
I'll be ready 'n' able in 2-3 weeks guys, I will be checking the thread and group threads every once in a while so I can still catch up but don't expect me to say anything until I am healed.

NOTE: typing with my left arm still really sucks :p

Forgot to mention, Thank you takakenji :)

Last edited:
Level 10
Hmm, we weren't planning on it since the campaign is focused around the High Elves at their homeland in Quel'Thalas, not really when they found the Humans. And plus, didn't that happen before Arthas and the Undead Scourge destroyed the High Elven homeland? (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Oh, and I need to invite you into the Project's Social Group so you can discuss your ideas with everyone (it's like our own little house, 'cause we don't hang out in public :D).

Level 10
I hope this project is still alive :)

Anyway, Check out new models on THW, most of them High Elf doodads. You might use them :p

We're still kickin' Vunjo! Because together, we are immortal... :D OK, maybe not but you get the point, this thing ain't dyin' anytime soon. :)

I've seen those Blood Elf doodads, they look pretty nice. I'll consider them.

Level 10
Will you show he invasion of quel'thalas?
The invasion itself won't actually be shown (Undead Scourge attacking the High Elven Towns of Quel'Thalas), but in the Prologue it is referenced as the reason Dalos Hawkwing (The High Elven Captain, main character of SoHE) must leave Quel'Thalas.
The entire campaign will focus only at the undead and the elves?
Will the entire campaign focus only on the Undead? Absolutely not. Although the Undead is the High Elves' main enemy (since they did invade the High Elves' homeland of Quel'Thalas), there will be without a doubt other enemies besides them. The description of Chapter 2 clearly shows an example of this (where you are fighting against the Plagueland Trolls).

Will the entire campaign focus only on the High Elves? Well, pretty much. The High Elves are the race you will be playing all throughout the campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.