• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Profusion (3) v3.10

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
PROFUSION
v 3.10
(30.01.2018) ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
STORY: This forest abounds with powerful creatures, and they
have valuable artifacts!

DESCRIPTION:
In principle, the usual battle except:
  • Monsters high level.
  • The drop down items of high level.
  • Flowers-monsters that drop essences.
  • Some monsters lose the rune of command.
  • Stray monsters that might hinder the initial development, which can be avoided.
  • Voting for the loss/no loss of items from destroyed heroes (sometimes funny).
  • Two different "Goblin Merchants".
  • The appearance of "amplifying" and "having charges" of fungi after the rain.
  • You can hire - "Goblin Cutter" for mining a tree and building strong barricades.
  • Falling of the "Great Scepter of Power", which subordinates monsters to the 15th level.
  • Having collected three keys, you can open the "Gate of the Worlds" from which the hordes of monsters will begin to emerge.
  1. Huge stock of gold and very powerful monsters contribute to a protracted battle.
  2. To see the danger indicator of the camp of monsters, you need to choose a leader.
  3. The river divided the forest into two halves and protected by extremely strong Lobsters.
  4. Lobsters for a long period of time prevent the movement across the river during the day.
  5. You need to pay attention to the levels of the monsters, otherwise the encounter could end in their favor.
  6. Night walks to "someone else's territory" are always useful, because you can snatch an artifact, which will not get to the enemy.
  7. The process of the game consists in the race for artifacts, monsters and subject to further battle with the enemy (or his extermination), but you can finish everything faster.
CONTAINS:
  • 25 000g Base, 20 000g and 30 000g expansions
  • X Green camps
  • X Orange camps (Many)
  • X Red Camps (Many)
  • 2 Tavern
  • 2 Different Goblin Merchants
  • 2 Mercenary Camps
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
NOTES:

Map is protected from editing
Development: 2006
Release: 2012
Uploaded on HIVE: 2018
External resources used:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ [/COLOR]
Previews
Contents

Profusion v 3.10 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
You have to credit any external material you've used in the map description thread. I suggest you learn from these: How to: Create a Full-working Custom Race UB - Ultimate Battle v1.96 AI+ Deforestation of Felwood v2.1.1 Nightborne v1.04 Planetary...
deepstrasz
To me this seems really simple in terms of altered melee. But it's not the simplicity but the lack of gameplay refinement on top of it. Buffing neutral hostiles and items isn't creative. So, yeah, this map would work much better as normal melee. Set...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
You have to credit any external material you've used in the map description thread.

1. Terrain is pretty much flat.
2. You are forced in many zones to first engage neutral hostile camps before being able to go further to the real enemy.
3. Not sure why you've removed the Quest Log, Menu and Log titles...
4. Spell Loss says it forces an enemy unit to drop an item. Not sure why the title says spell then.
5. Keg of Ale has no description.
6. Tome of Experience to be bought? That could be too much but maybe it helps against those huge neutrals later on?
7. Not all of the Tavern heroes are available. Save the map with the latest melee patch version (map options).
8. Reduce creep camping range. The Furbolgs in the midnorth attacked me after placing a building even though they were not in visible range. Not only that but many camps help each other which shouldn't happen.
9. Items don't have a description when hovering the mouse over them on the ground. It's either +number or nothing. Actually, they don't have a title/name. Some have though, not all. Furbolg summon item doesn't, some tomes don't. Scroll of Town Portal and Agile Network don't have any description. Or the Glyph of Fortification that drops from the big lizard: no title and no description...

10. So, trees are infinite? Guess that works badly for Night Elves somewhat.
11. Item drops seem random in that some heroes/players might get stronger than others.
12. Because creeps are so strong, it makes for a slow game where you have to wait and build your army and research upgrades...
13. Red Goblin Shop is different from the Blue one which means things aren't quite balanced between northern and southern players.
14. Even though the creeps are high level or strong, they don't give that much experience.
15. Reviving the huge lobster=instawin. At least make it temporary...

Overall, it doesn't make a good game and it doesn't really fit as good altered melee.
If the terrain is made by you, I suggest you make this into a normal melee instead.

I suggest you learn from these:
How to: Create a Full-working Custom Race
UB - Ultimate Battle v1.96 AI+
Deforestation of Felwood v2.1.1
Nightborne v1.04
Planetary Domination v2.04
Sands of Time [v1.9]
The Grand Citadel (Racial Issue 1.6)

Awaiting Update.

=======================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Last edited:
Level 8
1. Terrain is pretty much flat.
- I made it more embossed, but something I did not like. may need to do better.

2. You are forced in many zones to first engage neutral hostile camps before being able to go further to the real enemy.
- So it is conceived, it should be so.

3. Not sure why you've removed the Quest Log, Menu and Log titles...
- There was no translation. Corrected.

4. Spell Loss says it forces an enemy unit to drop an item. Not sure why the title says spell then.

5. Keg of Ale has no description.

6. Tome of Experience to be bought? That could be too much but maybe it helps against those huge neutrals later on?
- Maybe.

7. Not all of the Tavern heroes are available. Save the map with the latest melee patch version (map options).
- Corrected.

8. Reduce creep camping range. The Furbolgs in the midnorth attacked me after placing a building even though they were not in visible range. Not only that but many camps help each other which shouldn't happen.
- Has long been reduced, but now does not work. The reasons are not known. I changed the constants, it still does not work.

9. Items don't have a description when hovering the mouse over them on the ground. It's either +number or nothing. Actually, they don't have a title/name. Some have though, not all. Furbolg summon item doesn't, some tomes don't. Scroll of Town Portal and Agile Network don't have any description. Or the Glyph of Fortification that drops from the big lizard: no title and no description...

10. So, trees are infinite? Guess that works badly for Night Elves somewhat.
- It is unknown.

11. Item drops seem random in that some heroes/players might get stronger than others.

12. Because creeps are so strong, it makes for a slow game where you have to wait and build your army and research upgrades...
- Yes, but so conceived.

13. Red Goblin Shop is different from the Blue one which means things aren't quite balanced between northern and southern players.
- Shops periodically change places.

14. Even though the creeps are high level or strong, they don't give that much experience.
- The level was counted according to their HP and attack. Disbalance is possible. I do not know where I was wrong.

15. Reviving the huge lobster=instawin. At least make it temporary...
- The rune was removed.

Overall, it doesn't make a good game and it doesn't really fit as good altered melee.
If the terrain is made by you, I suggest you make this into a normal melee instead.
I will not change anything anymore, I like this hardcore.
Perhaps I will do it for melee. Need time..

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
To me this seems really simple in terms of altered melee. But it's not the simplicity but the lack of gameplay refinement on top of it. Buffing neutral hostiles and items isn't creative.
So, yeah, this map would work much better as normal melee.

Set to Substandard.

You are free to ask for a re-review using: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/ or by contacting the other reviewers: @twojstaryjakcie, @Paillan.