• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Powerslave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Smaller the size

Please, maker, you smaller that size, is too big, because my internet is slow. if u doesn't trust me, this, my MAXIMUM kbps is 64 kbps. :ogre_rage::ogre_rage:
So, u just copy u map, and remove all of the music. because the music will bigging that size. okay. Please, please, please, please. U just create or rename to new version that name is Powerslave Musicusless or Powerslave Optimized.
So, it will be faster that can sir!! HEHE, PLEASE YOU UNDERSTAND MY INTERNET.

Level 9
Testing some fonts:

fonts2.jpg

fonts1.jpg

Thanks. That would be cool :)

Nah, that i like the text, and UI, because that so Medieval and realistis. Delliciouse!! Awasome!! :goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah:

Level 9
I tried pretty much everything. Doodads, destructibles, units, buildings, items...tried every object data field and enabling/disabling selections etc. I couldn't get the result I wanted. I managed to get unselectable unit that displays the text box when mouse is on the model. But then I can't click the trackable that is under it.

So I coded CustomWindow library:
customwindow.jpg

The Night-Elf themed box appears when mouse is hovered over trackables. I can freely scale the border size, width and height of the box.

I'm planning to make it so that when given a string, the box automatically scales and wraps around the text :)

So, that will appear text on that windows??
That cool, WooW!! It's Can't Be!! You are Smart more than Einsten :p :p

Level 9
Oh no, The Hades Hammer, why the Hades Hammer color is blue?? and has lightning?? ate wath?? that wrong u know. The Hades Hammer isn't blue and has lightning!! Hades hammer is fire, flame, blood, soul, and darkness. WooW!! u wrong again. Change it please, that not complaint with that. Fire >> Impack >> BUAR!! >> Exploding!! That is the real hammer!!

Level 9
Blacky wath!!
oh no, OMG, WTF, wath is that the speller is Bolt wave, and Lich same more than BM??
WooW, Descreaption:
Lich >> Spell's >> Slave(Darkness) Wave
Soul Strike (Lightning attack)
Guardian Revenant (That summon 2 soul, that protecting you.
Maiden of Pain (oh no, wrong again)Iron Maiden ( oh no, wrong again.) Black Death <<(Recommendet)

BM (Battle Mage) >> Spell's >> Death Bane
Urhu Bura( oh no, wrong again) Earth shock (oh no, that is it??) Shrink impack (oh no, wrong again) Earth Past (wrong again, wrong) Earthpick (that is it??) Dark Orchid
Rampage (Recommendet) Bissop (no no no no) Kricket ( Argh, wrong again) Cricket (no!!) Unfommathable Power ( HAh, past wrong) Powerslave <<(That the name of map, so, wrong) Unfommathable slave (HaHH) Slave Rage << (Recommendet)
Black Death<<(Are u sure??) Deathly strike ( WOOW ) Darkness Reborn <<(NO NO NO NO, THAT MY PROJECT) EVIL BUNNY??

Level 9
Thanks for the feedback.

No problem, that my job for helping another :D :D!!

{EDIT}
Did he just...
Quintuple post?

Hi wath u problem??
you **. are you @@ @@??

{EDIT}
Hi Maker, When i download, then, long time, and wath happens?? the happen's is, why the Download is STOP??!!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Yeah, that's the problem.
Double-posting is against the rules, let alone quintuple posting.
Then after I state that you violated the rules, you called me a bitch? Now that is, once again, violating the rules.
And I would also appreciate that you learn how to type, instead of learning how to insult others when clearly you committed a mistake.

Also, about your download stopping, it could be your internet's problem. It's happened to me before, and sometimes the downloads cut off short and end up only retrieving a percentage of the file, rather than all of it.

Anyway, I hope you understood what I said. Consider this as a warning if you want to stay on the Hive any longer. Good day.

Level 9
Okay, i want talking to you fatty. That my problem. Consider you problem.

{EDIT}
Why the Terrain is only first step??
There are just forest area. That could be alpha, yeah, i know, but, you image is not trust, i think.

Okay, sory, that i just has GAGAP sick. please u understand of my sick. T_T

Lembidi said:
That be, i want edit my post. then you, argh, damn you fatty bunchy!!

That was a very nice apology. :)
And it was even on my profile! :)
He is sick. :D

You called me 'fatty'. Why? Who the hell are you to call me 'fatty'? And I would've thought you could've thrown a less childish insult in another attempt to cover your mistake. :)

Anyway, Maker, I really like the terrain you've made. :)
I haven't really posted that review I promised you months ago (nor create it), but I can say that I really like the terrain and the skills. :)
Also, the inventory system is pretty cool. It allows you to have a set of items like a backpack, but each set is different. :D

Level 9
That was a very nice apology. :)
And it was even on my profile! :)
He is sick. :D

You called me 'fatty'. Why? Who the hell are you to call me 'fatty'? And I would've thought you could've thrown a less childish insult in another attempt to cover your mistake. :)

Anyway, Maker, I really like the terrain you've made. :)
I haven't really posted that review I promised you months ago (nor create it), but I can say that I really like the terrain and the skills. :)
Also, the inventory system is pretty cool. It allows you to have a set of items like a backpack, but each set is different. :D

Okay, please stop. I don't want conflic. :p :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUG'S!!
The Ring is on another bag, When i press > or < to change the inventory bag, the effect of ring (like +1 int, or anything) is Losses!! Could you change the inventory system to 1 list only system. Only Poison that on UI bags!!

{EDIT}
Damn. 19mb is so big. :))

Because Maker added the music (Note: Imported music are make the map size increases dramaticaly!! :vw_death::vw_death:

Level 9
The next version is about 60 MB.

And there is full screen inventory to replace the one in the 20 MB version :)

There isn't much work left before I can upload the next version.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......................!!!! :ogre_rage::ogre_rage:
60 MB!! aAaAaAaAa.... I can;t download it!! shit. u just create another version, and that, remove the music. because the music will bigger the size!!:goblin_jawdrop::goblin_jawdrop:

I've been reading this thread for a while now. This project looks really promising ^-^

I can;t download it!! shit. u just create another version, and that, remove the music. because the music will bigger the size!

It's not actually the music that's increasing the size that much in particular, it's the doodads, the models, icons, etc..
Imports in Warcraft III are compressed. For example, in one of my maps, I had 8MB worth of imports and yet the map was only 4MB total in size.

Removing the music can help reduce the size, but my best guess is that the models have a much greater impact on the file size than the music. But removing the models would be horrible :p

Yeah 30 min of different music can take max 10 MB if optimized nicely, models and textures are lol, much bigger problem.

Single terrain tile usually take from 1 to 2 MB.
High quality models from 500KB to 2 MB.

And this is really big problem.

Using 1st person and close camera will ruin idea for optimization at first place, everything will look blurry :sad:

But using standard camera we are able to reduce textures quality (sometimes even by 75%), showing almost same effects in game but saving size a lot.

Now because this is single player map, and because there is a lot more important things to care about, resource optimization is just minor problem that can be fixed at the very end.

Level 6
Knight and Lich look too ugly and small i thing.

Maker, i thing you are too smart with your spell.

Give me your cleaverness and smartness intelligening spell and system Maker.

Very nice map, but, ugly on hero's :D.

Level 6
At Last!
After 2 days Download this,
DONE!
HOREOO!!!!
----------------------------
EDIT: WHY YOU! ARGH, I CAN'T USE THE LICH AND BATTLE MAGE! WHY!!!!????

Battlemage:
- Some destruction spell: Something like, fireball, lightning strike, frost nova etc
- Some restoration spell: Heal, rejuvenation, restoration, spell shield, damage shield etc
- Some stat bust spell: Enchant armor, weapon, stats, skills etc
- Well because he can be fighter or healer, his the most powerful spell should be destruction or restoration based.
(Can be both offensive or defensive character, maybe you can combine both or just base spells on target, example some destruction spell can heal if casted on friendly unit).

Knight:
- Some good armor bonus, damage reflection like spell (can be cast on friendly u as well)
- Some aura that increase stats and shit. (can be cast on friendly u as well)
- Some attack boost power (can be cast on friendly u as well)
- His the most powerful spell could be AOE based spell that increase stats or deal massive heal or something to group of units.
(Should be more enchanter than healer but at the other side not destruction based character).

Level 19
Im bored, so here:
Battlemage:

1. Mana to Power - X percent mana is depleted, while x percent is added to the attack damage for x seconds.
2. Batter - Gangs up on a unit, dealing multiple blows in a short amount of time. Deals (attack damage * strength) / int damage. Stunned for a few seconds after.
3. Battlefocus - Channels his energy on a the next x blows. The next x blows would be x percent stronger, but cost x mana per blow. If his mana is insufficient to for the spell, he stops it.
4. Essence Drain - His attacks would drain small amounts of mana from the enemy unit.
5. Grip - For x seconds, all damage would be dealt to his mana instead of his hp.
6. Flare Absorb - Fires a flare of mana to the target point. It drains the mana of all nearby units. He may not do anything or may not do any order. Lasts x seconds.
7. Magic Boom - The battlemage channels his mana into the target area. After a few seconds, it bursts filled with energy from his mana. Deals damage depending on his mana when casted. No mana cost, high cd.

He utilizes his Mana to Power ability to make his attacks and spells stronger. You dont really need to click n click the spells here. As said in the main post, he relies on his melee capabilities. It would be better to give a low mana/hp regen and low armor.

Undead Knight

1. Armor Break - Disregards any kind of armor and can deal more damage on a normal strike.
2. Bloodthirst -
Passive Effect = For every unit the Undead Knight kills, he gains a Blood Counter, which is stored at his Blood Pool.
Active Effect = When casted, he restores x * number of Blood Counters. It removes all Blood Counters. While in this state, he gets a temporary Berserk.
3. Blessing of the Nether - When casted, his armor is blessed with dark energies. This make any attacker get a small dps.
4. Blood Slam - Cloaks his blade with small blood then slams the ground. It spills blood over affected units and make them give 2 Blood Counters instead of a single Blood Counter. Deals x * number Blood Counters. Removes x Blood Counters.
5. Hyperions Roar - Roars in an immense volume, deafening affected units in a straight line. It makes all units within x units of the Death Knight in a straight line have reduced armor and may have fear. Fear makes affected units unable to strike and flee upon hit.
6. Bloodbath - For the cost of depleting all his mana, the Death Knight deals one hit ko to all units lower than level x. Costs all Blood Counters.
7. Heavens Fall - Makes a large portion of dark energy above the target area. After a few seconds, he slams the ground with dark energy. Deals massive damage. Costs x Blood Counters.
8. Offer - By the cost of all Blood Counters, The Death Knight summons a Demonic Beast to fight for his side. The Beast lasts x seconds and has Breath of Fire, Taunt, Thunder Clap, Bloodlust and Spell Immunity.

Relies on Blood Counters to nuke enemies. Can survive for a long time and deal big damage. It would be better to give him low mana and mana regen, but high armor and attack damage. Good on crowd control.

Level 1
This looks amazing but I was only able to select the middle guy as a hero. The other two guys didn't have a yellow cross in their command bar :/

Edit: oh lol. I see that your working on the other two...move along then lol :D

Last edited:
Level 5
I tried this out and it was really cool, so I'll help ya out with some ideas

Battlemage

The Battlemage is an explosive fighter. With powerfull and mana intensive spells, he must juggle between using Arcane Orb and Destroy Mana to maintain his mana reserves.

• Arcane Orb: Throws an electric orb in the target direction. The orb explodes on impact with an enemy unit, dealing X damage in 150/200/250/300 AoE, and spawning 3/4/5/6 smaller orbs flying in random directions that deal Y damage to the first target they hit.
  • Destroy Mana: The Battlemage instantly destroys X mana in the target, taking it for himself. The destruction of the target's magical energies causes it to take damage equal to the mana destroyed and to become Charged, dealing Y damage every 1 second to nearby units for 10 seconds.
  • Magic Barrage: Passive ability. Each time the Battlemage casts another spell 2/3/4/5 small magic missiles erupt from him, seeking out random targets within 500 range. Each missile deals X damage.
  • Destructive Regeneration: Channel for 4/6/8 seconds, regenerating X health every second. Each 0.5 seconds spent channeling also triggers Magic Barrage.

Edit: It seems like you had some spell names for the battlemage already, but I hope you'll find these ideas somewhat usefull anyways!

Last edited:
Level 14
This is an epic project there, Maker! Actually, IT'S THE BEST FUCKING THING I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY DAMN LIFE, MAN! KEEP IT GOING! I LOVE IT! +REP, man you deserve it (but first, i need to spread some... :mad:)!

But i can't understand one thing - is it a beta version? I mean - i start to play and i can't get out of the bottom left part of the map. Perhaps there are pathing blockers, or i have to do something with that Way Gate, i don't know... This is what makes me sad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.