• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft Maps Pack Version 6 New Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey guys,

Ive got back into the development on the maps again trying to improve the maps further. Ive been trying to remove annoy bugs and simuate proper SC actions that i didnt do in the last versions.

So far ive added a new Shield System(by Shadow1500) which removes the need for a mana point bar and adds a blue shield bar above the unit.
GOOD POINTS:
-This will help free up the use of protoss spell casters which i might try adding in this version depend on what happens.
BAD POINTS:
-The bar is always visible above the unit and might become an annoance to players, not sure how gameplay will be like.
-Not sure if Cloaked unit shield bar will still be visible even if u cant detect cloaked units

Ive also just improved the zerg unit production system and have now got a working simuation of a progress bar.
GOOD POINTS:
-You will be able to see how long the unit has to make and u can cancel the unit production
BAD POINTS:
-The system doesnt allow rallypoints to work becuz ive made the larva upgrade to the new unit.

Fixed the upgrading Lair, sunken and spore colonies building morph animations now so no more 'where did my Lair go'

On the model front ive finally found a skilled modeller named Mechanical Man and he is now in the process on making some new models and or improving the existing somes.

Level 7
Its an update news post for the project mate, im working on fixing and improving the maps and i want you guys to know what ive done. There are alot of ppl who have played my maps before and know of the problems it has and im letting them know ive fixed these particluar ones in the new versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.