• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My new map... Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Been working on a new map for a few days, im pretty happy with the progress... Made a few nice little terrain effects i just think people should see. Im just getting tired of playing all these crappy maps that are coming out, theres nothing that takes longer than 3 minutes to create! I have a Waterfall and a Cathedral, which probrably have both been created... but i put em in anyways here they are - waterfall then cathedral (made of archways and stuff)

archwaycathedral1za.jpg
[/URL]

Need some help with a few things for it still... Like the name, well first of all heres what you do.
Step 1: Watch the cinematic introducing the map and author in the Cathedral
Step 2: Wait for Player 1 to choose the game type (FFA, FFA with creeps, ALLIED with creeps).
Step 3: Build cities, each player has a limit of 8 cities, which will be rarely exceeded. The map is 4 players altogether, so its not going to be a massive public game like Castle Builders once was (I helped FiendishDevil with it... way back when it was popular).
Step 4: Build armies and either defend the creeps (ALLIED) or attack each other (FFA), or do both (FFA with creeps).

Most units will level up, they have a unique Ranking system, every unit with the ranking system has thier own ranking skill and at final level they get a Master aura, which increases the speed of units nearby. Ranking system goes like this:
If you attack an enemy you get +1 point, 0 points-Recruit, 20 points-Private, 45 points-Lieutenant, 70 points-Master
Priests and Warlocks also gain 1 each time they cast thier spells, making them easy to level up.

There are Catapults, which have a huge range and do a ton of damage, but are easy to counter by rushing them. Each town also has its own Population, which is determined by the number of houses and shops nearby. Barracks, Training grounds, Houses, Shops etc must be built within a certain range of a city, and you are able to name each city. The name is displayed in floating text above the Camp, Settlment, Town Center, or City Hall along with the Population underneath.

The creeps are actually undead, skeletal warriors, mages, archers, grunts, a Doom Guard, and the rarest-Illidan.

Some of the stuff i must work out before releasing the map:

1: Have not created any upgrades whatsoever, but will create many per unit
2: Creeps do not get harder
3: Theres some minor balance issues, and a lack of options for gameplay (Difficulty levels etc)
4: Some unit levels must use the same model, which i would like to change

I still want this map to be even better than it is... Ive tested a few times with my friends who loved it, but im offering anyone who would like, to help me with it.

Okay im going to sleep now i wrote to much...

Level 11
Screenshots 1:
Try use more tileset like dark grass, and stones.

Screenshots 2:
Dont use cliff to make a island, use shallow water and raise the terrain.

Tip:
Then you start a map set initial water level to shallow water and then you want to make land just raise the level..

With World Editor Unlimited you can make some really nice terrain..

island0rr.jpg

cliff9ys.jpg

Level 3
its like castle builders so im kinda forced to use flat cliffs, plus with the shallow water thing bridges look like crap... and i cant put in many tiles because the map is really small in scale (units are half thier size) so if i did put in dark tiles they would be 1x2 in most mountain spots so i dont really have enough room to make it look good with those... The cathedral thing its just for the cinematic, the camera goes inside with 3 blood elf soldiers in thier and theres 2 benches and banners and stuff inside... so its really just something u look at for 10 seconds :roll:

I dont like using custom models either emergenzy, and using that "Good Terrain" you posted, you cant really make a civilization type of game... so...

Most maps dont even have good terrain, especially the fun ones... None have any cool islands with custom houses and custom trees... why dont you actually finish one thats multiplayer with all that? Being a good terrainer is nothing if u cant make a map that people will play... Not saying you havent created any or anything, but i havent seen any hosted etc

Level 11
its like castle builders so im kinda forced to use flat cliffs, plus with the shallow water thing bridges look like crap... and i cant put in many tiles because the map is really small in scale (units are half thier size) so if i did put in dark tiles they would be 1x2 in most mountain spots so i dont really have enough room to make it look good with those... The cathedral thing its just for the cinematic, the camera goes inside with 3 blood elf soldiers in thier and theres 2 benches and banners and stuff inside... so its really just something u look at for 10 seconds icon_rolleyes.gif

I dont like using custom models either emergenzy, and using that "Good Terrain" you posted, you cant really make a civilization type of game... so...

Most maps dont even have good terrain, especially the fun ones... None have any cool islands with custom houses and custom trees... why dont you actually finish one thats multiplayer with all that? Being a good terrainer is nothing if u cant make a map that people will play... Not saying you havent created any or anything, but i havent seen any hosted etc

Ohh sorry i did't know what kind of map you make! Cuz you only uploaded 2 screenshots and no info about you map... I only want to give you some tips because i think you terrain is boaring to look at..

And why i want to finish this map! - because i love to make maps...

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Your screeshots are really nice Emergency. I like your ways of terraining and you seem realistic. And for you giant halfling, i suggest using different textures of terrain. Like for example don't leave everything in Grass. Make a half grass/dirt in some places. Even if you don't use other types, the terrain looks more real.

-Rui

Level 3
Need some help with a few things for it still... Like the name, well first of all heres what you do.
Step 1: Watch the cinematic introducing the map and author in the Cathedral
Step 2: Wait for Player 1 to choose the game type (FFA, FFA with creeps, ALLIED with creeps).
Step 3: Build cities, each player has a limit of 8 cities, which will be rarely exceeded. The map is 4 players altogether, so its not going to be a massive public game like Castle Builders once was (I helped FiendishDevil with it... way back when it was popular).
Step 4: Build armies and either defend the creeps (ALLIED) or attack each other (FFA), or do both (FFA with creeps).

Most units will level up, they have a unique Ranking system, every unit with the ranking system has thier own ranking skill and at final level they get a Master aura, which increases the speed of units nearby. Ranking system goes like this:
If you attack an enemy you get +1 point, 0 points-Recruit, 20 points-Private, 45 points-Lieutenant, 70 points-Master
Priests and Warlocks also gain 1 each time they cast thier spells, making them easy to level up.

There are Catapults, which have a huge range and do a ton of damage, but are easy to counter by rushing them. Each town also has its own Population, which is determined by the number of houses and shops nearby. Barracks, Training grounds, Houses, Shops etc must be built within a certain range of a city, and you are able to name each city. The name is displayed in floating text above the Camp, Settlment, Town Center, or City Hall along with the Population underneath.

The creeps are actually undead, skeletal warriors, mages, archers, grunts, a Doom Guard, and the rarest-Illidan.

Some of the stuff i must work out before releasing the map:

1: Have not created any upgrades whatsoever, but will create many per unit
2: Creeps do not get harder
3: Theres some minor balance issues, and a lack of options for gameplay (Difficulty levels etc)
4: Some unit levels must use the same model, which i would like to change

I still want this map to be even better than it is... Ive tested a few times with my friends who loved it, but im offering anyone who would like, to help me with it.

Ohh sorry i did't know what kind of map you make! Cuz you only uploaded 2 screenshots and no info about you map... I only want to give you some tips because i think you terrain is boaring to look at..

And why i want to finish this map! - because i love to make maps...

Sorry if i wasn't clear enough, left out the part about you build... and thats about it... And seriously guys dont be so "Oh your terrain is so good" Its all eye candy... you cant play it for crap! There will never be a map with as good of terrain as those screenshots, maybe a campaign but those are just boring... Single player to... FINISH a map with a terrain that good THEN take all the glory...

And for you giant halfling, i suggest using different textures of terrain. Like for example don't leave everything in Grass. Make a half grass/dirt in some places. Even if you don't use other types, the terrain looks more real.

Sorry about the misleading screenshots that take up about 1/50th of the map, there is variation, a desert area to... theres bridges, trees, plants and everything... working on weather too. Now sure it dont look EXACTLY like real terrains and crap but the real eye candy is the game, the horizontal and vertical walls, the giant catapults exploding left and right as the units dodge them, saving your peasants with just 5 life... stuff like that. Its not only the terrain! You cant have a great map just because it uses grass and dirt! Or do you not realize that maps have an objective?

Level 3
Yeah... its okay... Im getting ready to release the map finally just gotta do some upgrades (On tomarrows hitlist... err to-do list)

But yeah its pretty fun but the undead i added kinda take out the whole expanding part but for playing against each other (theres the option) it would be pretty fun!

Level 11
lol and you're talking about other ppl having crappy terraining? Man, first work on your terrain then post, you're looking pretty stupid.

Both of them aren't at all that great, especially the cathedral which is probably done in "3 minutes"

You haven't seen any terrain yet man, I dunno wat kind of games you play.

Level 3
Okay you asshole, you can say that crap all you want but when your map folder is empty just shut up... There isnt many maps for Warcraft these days that even have a waterfall... And you cant just go around raising the hieght and making solid points and making it so you cant build a freaking city anywhere... You gotta have some limits to create a map that you can still play. And what the hell is wrong with wc3search? All you people are just assholes who critisize you dont even offer how to improve you just complain complain.

Its no wonder there is no more good maps these days, just AoS and crappy maps that have 50 doodads. I blame it on all of you!

And you KNOW i am right

Level 13
<WARN> [I wish at least]

People like you are these of kind "MY MAP IS COOL, SO SHUT THE F**K UP, I AM RIGHT AND NOONE ELSE, HOW COULD YOU SAY MY MAP IS CRAP FUFUFU". Well, if you publish your map or screenshots, you WILL BE CRITISIZED. What did you think? "ah, oh, how your map is great, *cheers*"?

Status
Not open for further replies.