• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Multiple Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Right now, Im trying to make towers shoot at multiple enemy units. And try to have the towers have a second shot that does better against heroes.

So, what Ive done so far is give the towers an ability very similar to Barrage.

So now each tower attacks multiple units...but it attacks units on its own team also, with the multiple attacks. :x :evil: :x :evil:

Ive tried to change what targets are allowed, but it still hits its own units. For targets allowed I put:

Air
Enemy
Ground
Non-Hero
Not Self

(I put the Not Self, because they used to shoot at them selves........ :shock: )

And for some reason the towers target units on their own team and color as well. :x

Can anyone help? :?

One

One

Level 3
change the barrage and the towers attack units allowed to what u just said... maybe u didnt change both? i never used barrage in a game so im not sure about this one

Level 3
delete barrage and do this to the appropriate towers:

Combat - Attack 2 - Attack = Piece (or whatever)
Combat - Attack 2 - Damage base = X (for X ammount of damage)
Combat - Attack 2 - Targets Allowed: Hero

For the rest of the Attack 2 info substitute Attack 1 Info or customize it with yours.

One

One

Level 3
your making a 1 player world of warcraft... the MMORPG!!!!!!! LMAO

Edit: to arthasizcool

Level 5
The barrage ability is what can solve this problem. I have used it several times.

-First barrage has a dmg data. This data doesn't do anything.
-The AOE of the barrage is the area where it will work. If you set it to 0 it won't work at all. If you set it to more than the unit's range, it will shoot extra arrows at enemy units outside the range.
-Max targets DOESN'T WORK. I tried it several times, it did nothing. Just ignore this data.
-The max damage really works, just set the max dmg to 3x or 5x to the unit's dmg and it will fire that much rounds.
-The targets of the Barrage must be set EXACTLY to the same as the attacks. Blizzard has a bug with Steam Tank: They set the Barrage targets to air, ground and structures, and if you research the barrage the tank will instantly spawn a rocket to the building when it attacks that instead of the normal tank round explosion.
-Cooldown: i have no idea why it has a cooldown. Set to the cooldown of the unit and you won't have any problems
-Duration: leave this data on 1.
-Missile Art: change it to the missile art of the unit.

PS: oh if it is a TD then unit=tower

Level 3
laugh all u want, this is the MMRPG of a dream. its so fun =D *gos back into game, corrupts a spider then runs away, watch it dieing. hehehehe*

Status
Not open for further replies.