• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Powerslave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Progress has been made.

In the alpha 003 version there was about 1/11 of the map terrained. Now there's about 1/3 of the map terrained. I'm also creating a second bossfight.

I need some spell ideas also. Currently there are 18 spells, looking to add about 6 more. If you have some demonic spells or summoning spells in mind then post your ideas.

Level 11
Review » Pluses and Minuses

checkmark-green.gif
» Custom user interface / Command buttons

checkmark-green.gif
» Herochoose-system / Descriptions

checkmark-green.gif
» Intro-sequence (Wow, I'm getting summoned. That's what I call service)

checkmark-green.gif
» Character screen (maybe you might add more possibilities)

checkmark-green.gif
» Cool, scripted fight with the troll (but sorry, the straightedge is Obsidian Depths)

sort_arrow_red.png
» Not many quests/content so far

Review » Numeric conclusion

Creative Level Design: -/30
Unique Ideas: -/20
Defined Artistic Style: -/20
Lore: -/10
Gameplay: -/20

Summary: -/100

No rating because it's unfinished.
Review » Worth Reading

Come to my castle to get unfathomable power? Great thing! Where I have to sign with my cross?! No kidding, that was a good start.
I was really eager to reach this dubious castle.. but, mh. That castle doesn't even exist. ;/ Only some invisible pathing blockers.
I'm sure you're still working on that whole-concept-thingy.

The intro sequence was also good, just remove that grey videobar and add a black one instead. Black ones will fit much better to the user interface.

By the way, you might add some fog, and more special effects. Even the terrain could be better.
So well, it's kinda empty - just keep going and add some more stuff.

Level 7
Went left at the crossroad and beat the boss Kigami, he's health was at 0, he was gone or invisible, I at random time took damage and knockback. No quest update or anything with instructions and the other roads at crossroads were pathing blocked., waygate wasn't active.

Level 37
The project has been on hold for quite some time, but I'm going to continue it. I started recoding the character screen and spell learning system.

My aim is to allow the player to choose and level abilities in the character screen. This way I don't have to have the hero ability icon on heroes allowing me to have one more ability on units.

Level 37
With the character screen almost completed, I found much new energy to complete this map. I worked on the terrain a bit.

These are not final :)

P3_1.jpg

Old
P3_2.jpg

New
P3_3.jpg

Calculating shadows took about 4 hours on my 3.6 GHz Core 2 Duo processor, and the terrain is less than half done :D

Last edited:
Level 37
Terrain is abot 75% done now, and I'm looking to finish it next week. Then I'll start doing the story, quests and cinematics.

I also have a model request: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/model-request-eddie-monster-199042/

Oh, the idea is great! And name is too. I suppose you're Iron Maiden fan! Great! I'll see alpha when I grab some free time.

Yeah, I'm a fan. I actually went to their concert today, and it was awesome. No Powerslave though :/

The new graveyard looks really good, although it's a bit bright for a graveyard.

Level 37
What attack and defence types I should use? You can change them with items. Flaming sword of Überness will do chaos damage and rusty sword will do normal damage.

Attack types: Normal, pierce, siege, magic, spells, chaos, hero
Defence types: Unarmored, light, medium, heavy, hero, fortified, divine

Fortified is for buildings, divine is for gods, spells is for spells and hero types propably won't be used. So that leaves

Attack types: Normal, pierce, siege, magic, chaos
Defence types: Unarmored, light, medium, heavy

How does that sound?

Level 37
and when the map can completed? O_O

Terrain is 80% done, systems are 90% done. Quests are not done at all, object editor stuff is at 20%, spells are 66% done. So it will still take a lot of time.

it really great but sometimes i can't click the spell when i have spell point.

The system has been completely recoded, it's a bit different and a lot better in the next version.

This game got God?
Does the god is invulnerable?

Tell me why I had to be a powerslave
I don't wanna die, I'm a god, why can't I live on?
When the Life Giver dies, all around is laid waste.
And in my last hour,
I'm a slave to the power of death.

Level 37
Terrain is about 85% done!

Armor system, character screen, attack- and defence type change systems are now fully working and implemented!

I also added item attachment system. Staves, swords, axes, maces and shields will be visible on the hero.

The item drop system works also. Let me explain it a bit.

There are lots of different items available through randomization. For example, currently there's 7 different base items for a shield. Each item has light, medium and heavy version. Each item can have a prefix and a suffix granting it bonuses. There are 6 prefixes and 10 suffixes. And the suffixes give random stat boos, based on the dropping unit's power level.

So you can get for example

1) Light Round Shield of Strength
2) Light Round Shield of Strength
3) Resistant Light Round Shield
4) Protective Heavy Tower Shield of Vitality
5) Round Shield

In cases 1 and 2 the base item and suffix are the same, but the strength bonus can be different.
In case 3 there's no suffix, but there is prefix. The base item is different this time.
In case 4 there's a new base item with a prefix and a suffix.
In case 5 there's no affixes.

Items can also have base stat boosts in addition to the prefix and suffix boosts.

This can lead to interesting drops, a bit like in Diablo 2 :)

I'll upload a beta version at some point where these systems are implemeted, but a lot of work is required before that can happen.

to tell you the truth, I like the old screen inventory coz it fits the scenarios...

You mean the one with the rock tiles?

You just have to rename the file's name to something shorter.
Gonna try it out myself now :3

edit:

Oh dear, your project is almost perfect, the intro and soundtracks are just awesome, the storyline is as interesting as Megan Fox, the custom spells are unique and really fun to cast, there are multiple difficulty options and the environment looks amazing.

*Bolt Wave is really overpowered (on timid anyway), I just used it once on any unit and they were dead. For the boss I just had to use it twice.
*Also function the 3 bags like 3 different weapon&armor sets? When I switched my bag, my damage was reduced, so I guess my equipped ring was no longer equipped in that set?
*The camera is no longer zoomed out when you leave kigami's 'circle'
*hy do the units get pushed to the side instead of getting pushed backwards when I cast Mind Push

I just love it <(^-^)>

Last edited:
Level 37
*Bolt Wave is really overpowered (on timid anyway), I just used it once on any unit and they were dead. For the boss I just had to use it twice.

Currently every bolt can damage every unit I believe, but it is supposed to damage every unit only once. I haven't done any balancing yet, I just guesstimated the damage values. Units will have more HP on higher difficulties.

*Also function the 3 bags like 3 different weapon&armor sets? When I switched my bag, my damage was reduced, so I guess my equipped ring was no longer equipped in that set?

In the current system (in the version I have not uploaded), items get unequipped when chaging inventory. Weapons and shields stay equipped. I'm thinkin making everything not unequip when scrolling through the inventory. One could be allowed to equip 2 rings, an amulet, armor, weapon, shield. For the mage maybe no shield and 3 rings.

*The camera is no longer zoomed out when you leave kigami's 'circle'

The boss fight is slightly buggy in some ways, will be fixed.

*hy do the units get pushed to the side instead of getting pushed backwards when I cast Mind Push

The units hit by the unit that the spell is cast on get knocked back using the angle from the spell target unit to the unit that is hit.

You cast spell on unit A. Unit A hits unit B. Unit B gets knocked back using angle from A to B.

At least that's how it is supposed to work.

Thank you for your comments and testing the map.

I'm very excited to play the map myself and I'm trying to make quick progress.

Level 37
Hooray! Terrain is now finished.

Finished in the sense that I still need to add some trees, rocks, shrubs and so on. Maybe add some tile variation. And maybe indoor areas.

But other than that, it is done. Very little to do in that department, and that is a huge relief.

Next I'll be adding quests and events.

Note that shadows are not rendered in these pics.

P3_im1.jpg

P3_im2.jpg

Level 10
I really like the game but:
Lich seems to be little overpowered
You should add atleast one quest to next alpha
I have got only "Ring" items, some more types would be cool
Boss do not respawn?
If it is possible make voice acting to cinematic, but not needed.

Well i really enjoyed play, but really add quest and new item types.
Continue this it has future

EDIT:

I like idea with those "Orb" damage types

Level 37
Lich seems to be little overpowered

There hasn't been any balancing yet. I'm trying to get everything working, balancing will be done later :)

Boss do not respawn?

The boss fight has some issues currently. He will most likely respawn in the final version.

If it is possible make voice acting to cinematic, but not needed.

I'd have to use computer-generated voices, and those might not fit the athmosphere of the map.

Well i really enjoyed play, but really add quest and new item types.

I've already added amulets, staves, maces, swords and shields. More will be included in the next alpha. There will be also a couple of quests.

I like idea with those "Orb" damage types

Actually I changed that. Now your equipped weapon determines the damage type and your shield determines the armor type. Item can be equipped by left clicking them in your inventory. Orbs will be "souls" resource most likely.

Thank for commenting.

I'm making my own bonus system at the moment. With that I can easily manipulate, hp, mana, str, int, agi, move speed, attack speed, sight range, armor, mana regen, hp regen, crit, evasion, spell resist, stun...

I'll try to get the next alpha out this month. The map is about 65% done overall.

Level 10
Yeah Im subscribed to thread,
It has very nice future.
I dont know why people do not comment this thread much, it is great.
And one more advice :
I accidenly clicked a advertisment in your signature and got to this excelent map,
you should make it more visible to people, cause i am sure they will enjoy game :p

Level 37
Here's a test map with 3 new abilities. The map also demonstrates the possible gameplay of the Lich hero.

The lich moves by teleporting around. I made a special ability for that. The ability is used automatically when the unit is ordered to move.

The lich has no default attack, only spells. You can spam offensive spells, they have no cooldown. There will be lots of abilities to pick your favourites from.

The gameplay of the warrior and the battlemage classes will be more traditional.

tltps1.jpg

abils111.jpg

I also coded my own bonus system, with which I can easily manipulate max hp, max mana, armor, str, agi, int, vision range, crit, evade, stun etc. Very useful for applying random affix bonuses from items.

The map is protected, can't be opened by the editor.

Attachments

• AbilityTest.w3x
    40.5 KB · Views: 43
Level 37
I guess it had to be done:

FSI_1.jpg

It's inspired by Anachron's custom inventory, but all triggering is my own doing, I made everything from scratch.

I rewrote my inventory and item generation system. They're a lot better now. It's now very easy to apply affixes on items, so they give stat bonuses.

You can equip/unequip items, swap their places around. When you hover your mouse over the item icons, the stats will be displayed in the multiboard. It's all working, except potion stacking and item dropping, but they're are easy to implemet. There's the potion belt on the right top corner. When items are equipped, stats will be applied on the unit and shield/weapon attachments applied. Damage and armor types will also change. 'tis be good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.