• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Powerslave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Progress update

• Imported Full Screen Inventory
  • Recoded item drop system
  • Recoded affix randomization system
  • Made armor system and attack- and damage type change system compatible with FSI
  • Configured all suffixes
  • Initialized all current item classes (swords, axes, staves, shields, rings, amulets, potions)
Everything is going well now. I just need to add the rest of the item classes and code all prefix abilities (evasion, bash, crit, spell resist, slow/freeze, life leech, dmg-to life...)

Then it is time to finally add quests and try to get a new alpha version out.

Great, hope to play this again soon :)

I'm also very eager to play it :)

Level 37
Adding quests takes time, but not nearly as much as creating systems. I have lots of free time and good motivation. I'll try to get a playable version with a couple of quests ready at the end of this month :)

Today I added 28 base items. Helmets, boots, gloves, chest armors. Imported icons, created item objects, destructibles, made them drop from monsters. Configured them to work with the inventory system.

Level 37
Update

Added the following effects as possible bonuses for items:
  • Evasion
  • Critical hits
  • Damage to health
  • Spell resistance
  • Stun
  • Slow
Inventory open/closes by pressing F2
Ability/attribute screen open/closes by pressing F3
You can no longer pick abilities with the same hotkey
Fixed a bug dealing with full inventory
Improved camera system, it doesn't rotate if the unit hasn't moved.
I'm looking to add more effects, but what could they be?

nice, don't see me, I'm invisible xP

Who, what, where? Did someone say something?

Continue great work, one of best SPRPGs here around for sure ;)

Thanks, comments like these make me strive to improve the quality even more :)

Level 10
Well what you mean by:

"Damage to health"

Like base damage + X damage?

And will there be 3rd person camera look? I love such things.
Also i suggest to make some AI move, from point A to point B, it will add more life to AI.
And what you mean by effects? like special effects?

hmm well maybe some periodic effect spawn on point at tree would be nice, you know what i mean :p.

Evasion
Critical hits
Damage to health
Spell resistance
Stun
Slow

Epic, but can I suggest you to split Critical, Stun and Slow into chance for it and multiplier/duration :)
example
+3% Chance for Critical Strike
+0.2 to Critical Multiplier Level
This way you can have 3 variables for like huuuuuuuuuge number of combinations.

Level 37
Well what you mean by: "Damage to health"
And will there be 3rd person camera look? I love such things.
Also i suggest to make some AI move, from point A to point B, it will add more life to AI.
And what you mean by effects?

Damage to health means that a portion of the damage you do increases you life. If you do 20 damage and have 50% dmg ot healh, you get 10 hit points.

There will be adjustable camera. Free/locked to unit, free/auto rotation, angle of attack and distance to targer ill be adjustable.

Creeps roam around the map pseudo-randomly already, but not in the map I have uploaded.

By effects I mean bonuses to your unit like +strength, +movement speed, chance to do critical hits etc.

Epic, but can I suggest you to split Critical, Stun and Slow into chance for it and multiplier/duration :)

Good idea. Currently it is just chance to do this or that. I'll think about it.

Did you get the name from Iron Maiden's "Powerslave" album ? :)) If so \m/

Nope...I got the name from the song ;)

My item affix/unit bonus system supports unlimited amount of bonuses for items, I can add the with my custom function. Take a look at the new screenshot:

FSI_2.jpg

Level 10
Well here is my idea for effect:

Chance on hit:
Do 2 hits on 1 strike, it means it will instantly do 2 hits, and each of hit can do other of your effects (critical strike, stun, etc)
it should have very low chance to happen and high cooldown, so there won't be 2 hits and in those 2 hits it would happen again = 4 instant hits...

Level 16
Cool, it's better IMO. Although you should try different stat colors on the multiboard, it's a little bit dark at the moment - maybe it's just the picture. I used the same interface in my old map, and it used |cff800080. Once again, maybe it's just the picture :p

Level 10
Great!
Hope to play another version soon, i really like this:p:p
Very special ;)
I red somewhere it is until the end of month, is it true?

And what you say on my idea?
"Chance on hit:
Do 2 hits on 1 strike, it means it will instantly do 2 hits, and each of hit can do other of your effects (critical strike, stun, etc)
it should have very low chance to happen and high cooldown, so there won't be 2 hits and in those 2 hits it would happen again = 4 instant hits... "

Level 37
As soon as I add two quests in. I'll try to get the next version out during the following 7 days since I have lots of free time. Two cinematics are already added. Boss- and miniboss fight, npcs you can talk to and one more cinematic are also to be added so there's lots of work.

I dislike making cinematics though :/

Level 37
The new alpha can not be uploaded since it is 58 MB, and the max attachment size is 50 MB.

I'll either remove some imports, post it at the map section, not post it at all or come up with another solution.

I really wouldn't like to remove imports, and posting an uncompleted map is not really allowed. I'll have to think of something.

Level 7
Recheck everything and see if you dislike some imports or find them useless
or some sort. I'm expecting great gameplay from this map by its file size.

Level 37
Another system added, custom projectile system.

It supports many things. Projectile arc, AoE, homing, destructible collision, collision with ground/hills, projectiles can go under and over units etc. Target leading is to be added, but that is easy and quick to add.

I also created ranged attack handling system, all ranged attacks are processed by it and all projectiles then handled by this system.

Here you can see an ability and the projectile system. All the arrows and the Blood Mage's projectile are created and handled by the system. The ability slows down units and projectiles, it's easy to dodge projectiles now. Quite cool if I say so myself.

Level 37
Maker if we find way to combine neutral aggressive unit name display and trackables those hero pick and same like systems, they will become unmatched :)

I tried pretty much everything. Doodads, destructibles, units, buildings, items...tried every object data field and enabling/disabling selections etc. I couldn't get the result I wanted. I managed to get unselectable unit that displays the text box when mouse is on the model. But then I can't click the trackable that is under it.

So I coded CustomWindow library:
customwindow.jpg

The Night-Elf themed box appears when mouse is hovered over trackables. I can freely scale the border size, width and height of the box.

I'm planning to make it so that when given a string, the box automatically scales and wraps around the text :)

That look cool, oh you know you have that generic borders or whatever that look like simple lines, it will look better for your system design :)

UI\Widgets\Glues\GlueScreen-CampaignButton-BackdropBorder-DisabledDown.blp
+
UI\Widgets\EscMenu\Human\editbox-border.blp
=
UI\Widgets\EscMenu\Human\human-options-button-border-up.blp

Level 37
My CustomTextWindow system is now working.

CTW_1.jpg

There's nothing pre-placed, everything is generated with scipts.

The box above the agility button appears when I hover mouse over the agility button.

The strength windows are generated for testing purposes.

As you can see I can configure the border width, text size and the max width of one text line. The borders wrap around the text automatically, so there is no much wasted space in a window.

Status
Not open for further replies.