1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Post your map here for an In-Depth Review

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Dark.Revenant, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slasher

Slasher

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi! can you review my map =)
    Map:fp: TMA

2. Dark.Revenant

Dark.Revenant

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    School likes to bite me in the ass. Oh, and the fact that I've basically abandoned wc3 lately...

3. ZiggyMcjoney

ZiggyMcjoney

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Achievement TD

If you haven't COMPLETELY abandoned TFT, a review of this would be cool :D. I'd like to know what you think I need to work on, cause I've kind of hit a blank spot in developing this map.

4. [K40$]-Spectre

[K40$]-Spectre

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    , yeah they do that with more students

5. Nogusta

Nogusta

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dark Revenant. Why do you allow people to submit to you maps that are unfinished? The creators even know they are unfinished and yet still pile you with a list of unworthy material. It is a shame that you are wasting time on this. I suggest you skip unfinished maps altogether, or maps that are less than version 1.

6. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, playing that retarded SPAM CHICKENS game...

Oh and your clan leader noticed me... weird...

7. rover2341

rover2341

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Question about few things. I am working on a game , and i may get done with it soon (1 or 2 months maybe).
    To me a good review means a alot, as i feel it will have a impact on my game.
    So i am trying to better understand what you mean with your rating system.

What do you mean by this?

Base Rating

Immersive - Does this mean, like how much you feel you are in the game. Like the environment and everything seems of the same tone (sorta speak).
    Like if it were a dungeon game you wouldn't see the energizer bunny runner throw it?
    Can you give me any more detail on this?

Optimized - Does this mean there is no noticeable in game? and no major leaks or no leaks what so ever?
    Anything else for optimized?

Merits

Small File Size - How small for both merits? How small for one? Does it depend on the game?
    Good cut scenes - Is a cut scene something you see as a clip that you watch in game? like a intro clip from a game like Uther party.

Demerits

No Documentation - None in Quest menu? or No Change log .txt file attached in zip?
    Bad Imports - No idea what you mean, this mean poor quality imports?

8. SanKakU

SanKakU

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    while i agree some of these maps he shouldn't waste time on reviewing i don't think that just because a map is unfinished it's unworthy for him to review it. this is the map development forum so none of the maps should be completed if they are in here. if any of them are above version 1 in fact they should not be reviewed here. you've got it backwards.

anyway it sounds like it might be time for someone else to come along and offer to do what he was doing since school has become a lot of work for him lately...either that or we just need to wait until his season of hard work at school is over...

9. rover2341

rover2341

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Eh i mostly agree with you.

But i think its here because its to when you go to release your game after you done some testing. and just about release it , this is the last step basically someone to run throw out your game to make sure everything is as good as you would like it. and then from what he says , if you agree with him you change your game and then let it fly. :)

so in other words your both wrong, and i am right :) (lol just kidding)

10. SanKakU

SanKakU

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    well and it kindof sounded to me like if he gave the map a good review then you could use that to help make the map more popular...that's what i was really hoping for...

11. l0git3c

l0git3c

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  12. Dark.Revenant

Dark.Revenant

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    With my school load and multitude of non-wc3-related mods I'm committed to, I can't find the time for this anymore. I'm sorry.

13. Nevermore

Nevermore

Resources:
    Resources:
    That sucks... schools seem to enjoy cutting more than they should out of peoples' lives. Often.

14. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Since the author no longer has time for this, I'll be closing the thread.
    ~Thread locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.