• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Poll] How to fix Reforged?

How to fix Reforged?

• Implement custom campaigns

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • Implement ladder & player profiles

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Implement clans

• Exclude reforged assets from installation

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Return the old main menu

• Improved world editor

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • EULA / Custom Games Policy change

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • When there's actually a large playerbase

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Remove DRM

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Free-to-play with classic graphics

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Fix bugs

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Footprints for Goblin Zeppelin

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • I will never touch Reforged even with a 10-foot pole

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I'm getting tired of waiting for Reforged to get improved, and have been thinking, realistically it may never meet my standards, and I'll be stuck on 1.31 with no multiplayer forever.

So I was wondering, for those who, like me, refuse to 'update' to Reforged, sticking with patch 1.31 or older, what would need to be changed or improved in Reforged before you would consider updating to it? And how long do you think it will take for it all to be implemented?
Or have you lost hope and moved on, accepting that Reforged will never be good enough for you?

Feel free to select as many responses as you like, and let me know what response you're missing if you vote 'Other'.

EDIT: To be clear, in this context when I say 'Reforged' I'm talking about patch 1.32+

Last edited:
Level 50
I for one, do not really care about the multiplayer, cause I never played much of the melee games. I only cared about the story and campaign missions. That's why I was dissapointed when I saw how little or no effort they've put into "remaking" the cinematics. The models moving only their arms in weird way was a big dissapointment for such a company.
They shouldn't touch the custom campaigns option at all.
Ofc, there are a lot of bugs, a lot of crashing going on. They should focus on fixing those things first.

Level 21
a lot of pretty much unrealistic changes, i fear

I'm at the point where i just make due with what was given.

For the game's legend and legacy.

Level 18
a lot of pretty much unrealistic changes, i fear
May I ask which changes specifically you think are unrealistic?
I personally think only the menu, EULA, and DRM are unlikely to happen, but the others should be doable, even if it takes until 2022 or later for them to get done.

So, we're considering Classic 1.32+ as Re4ged as well, I take it?
I intended Reforged to mean patch 1.32+ in this context, so yes.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
If 1.32 is when bnet 1.0 was shut down then its actually quite correct.
Nope. Reforged is just the graphical enhancement pack lying behind a paywall. Everything else is Classic and free if you have the original game bought. The fact that they updated the Warcraft III B.net is something else and there's no other B.net, is there?

Nope. Reforged is just the graphical enhancement pack lying behind a paywall. Everything else is Classic and free if you have the original game bought. The fact that they updated the Warcraft III B.net is something else and there's no other B.net, is there?
Yup, Reforged 3 is basically an entirely different game with how bad it was and still is. It's far more then a graphical enhancement, try quite the downgrade as well. So called classic is a joke and 30GB of bloatware is not free, no the fact is they did update it and yes there are others still.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Reforged 3
Please don't call it that. There's only one Reforged and it's not Classic.
It's far more then a graphical enhancement, try quite the downgrade as well.
Yeah, I agree, only Reforged is only the graphical enhancement part. Just think of it that Reforged uses the same base Classic does/is and actually, Classic got downgraded.
Also, you might want to call Reforged, Deforged.

Please don't call it that. There's only one Reforged and it's not Classic.

Yeah, I agree, only Reforged is only the graphical enhancement part. Just think of it that Reforged uses the same base Classic does/is and actually, Classic got downgraded.
Also, you might want to call Reforged, Deforged.
Refailed/Refunded is still responsible for destroying classic and original official wc3 so no its more then a graphical enhancement.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I'm wondering if you meant original/legacy wc3 where its no longer officially playable unless you count Netease?
I can't be bothered to care about Netease. Pros and most of us don't tag along with communism.
I'm talking about official stuff, not shutting the eye because you couldn't do anything about it anyway.

Didn't know this thread was about irrelevant Netease.
Think I've done enough advertising writing that two times and having it in your quote once.

I can't be bothered to care about Netease. Pros and most of us don't tag along with communism.
I'm talking about official stuff, not shutting the eye because you couldn't do anything about it anyway.

Didn't know this thread was about irrelevant Netease.
Think I've done enough advertising writing that two times and having it in your quote once.
The official stuff is now more irrelevant funny enough...

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
Step 1: Implement all missing features that used to exist
Step 2: Add new features to the World Editor and fix decade old bugs
Step 3: Profit

People would've accepted the lackluster HD graphics if the game had MORE features than it did before. They would be more than happy to play on Classic graphics, especially if the matchmaking and custom games were improved. Same goes for most if not all of the other minor issues.

Level 21
^ pretty much

with unrealistic i mean improbable, that's:

EULA changes
option to choose whether reforged graphics are installed
Implement ladder & player profiles < that's already announced btw

Triceron

Hosted Project: W3CSW
Level 11
Let's say,

All of the above.

Plus SC2 style Mods support so we can use assets across multiple maps without having to import everything in on a per-map basis. Makes it easier for custom campaigns if maps aren't all bloated by the same files being used.

Also a Custom Melee mode that piggybanks on this Mods support idea; you can make a Custom Melee race mod and have it work on various melee maps. This could go a long way in community making balance mods and the like.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
By making Blizzard acknowledge the existence and power(?) of what is left of the WC3 gaming and modding community. Without that prerequisite, everything else is imho useless as of this writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.