• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reforged compatibility with older versions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Yet another final nail in w3 coffin... This one is serious though, it can really end this circus...

Why is nobody speaking about how maps made in Reforged world editor DO NOT show up in 1.31 (or older) warcraft? You do not need to make them in reforged. It is enough to open old map in reforged editor and save it...

Maps saved in Reforged editor DO NOT open in 1.31 WE. (obviously its enough to do so with empty map. Nobody is even talking about putting reforged specific stuff in them)

Please, for the love of god, if anyone finds solution, tel me.

This is final chasm that can for ever split pre and post reforged communities...

Level 5
can maps made in 1.31 be visible and playable in 1.30 game? (YES)
can maps made in 1.30 be visible and playable in 1.28 game? (YES)
can maps made in 1.31 be visible and playable in 1.26 game? (YES)
................................................................................. (YES)

can maps made in 1.32 be visible and playable in 1.31, 1.30, 1.28, 1.26 game? (Hell NO)

See a little difference there?

Silly blizz errors like messing whole string system, mean nothing. Maps work between older versions if you know what spells or features to avoid as they will crash the other game version.

You don't understand the fact that previously you always could work on a map in newest editor and consciously make that map playable for all the ghetto community on all older versions? And keep all warcraft community more or less as a whole. And now all these people can be shattered into separate groups and die out.

Level 18
can maps made in 1.31 be visible and playable in 1.30 game? (YES)
can maps made in 1.30 be visible and playable in 1.28 game? (YES)
can maps made in 1.31 be visible and playable in 1.26 game? (YES)
I think you meant NO, MAYBE, NO.
Main reason you can't play 1.31 and 1.32 maps on earlier versions is changes to the war3map.w3i file format, but there is a solution for that: Downgrade map from 1.30+ to 1.27?.

1.31 is a PTR for Reforged AFAIK, it is a Reforged Editor, however 1.30.4 is a classic editor.

Actually I see his point. It is true that you can actually play maps saved in 1.30 to 1.27, although you only have to use WE 1.27, open the map made in 1.30, and save it to update the maps .w3i to be able to play the map in 1.27. (However this doesn't work if the mapper of 1.30 used the new natives introduced in 1.29 and 1.30, and if the mapper protected the map).

This wasn't the first time it happened though, you see map made in versions below 1.21 is no longer visible in patches 1.21+ due to necessary changes, those maps you see in the Maps Compendium thread are saved in super early versions of the game which are now unplayable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.