• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Downgrade map from 1.30+ to 1.27?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
What would be the easiest way to downgrade maps from 1.30+ TFT and Reforged to 1.27b? I remember some software that can export all unit data from a map and stuff.

Level 18
I have a tool (work in progress) that can automatically downgrade a map's war3map.w3i file, and notify you if the map script uses natives that aren't available in the patch you want to downgrade to. It also downgrades some WE-only files (not the trigger files though, I have done 0 research on those so I can't work with those at the moment).
I haven't released it as an .exe yet so if you want to try using it you need to use visual studio.

Level 12
He wants to downgrade a single map, not the whole game, that's where the issue is. That would require editing the map in some tricky ways as people here have suggested. Drake53's work seems very promising so that might be a one-stop solution in the future

Level 6
I have a tool (work in progress) that can automatically downgrade a map's war3map.w3i file, and notify you if the map script uses natives that aren't available in the patch you want to downgrade to. It also downgrades some WE-only files (not the trigger files though, I have done 0 research on those so I can't work with those at the moment).
I haven't released it as an .exe yet so if you want to try using it you need to use visual studio.
Sry m8, do u have a win64 compiled one? =)

Level 18
Sry m8, do u have a win64 compiled one? =)
I never really publish my projects so I hope I didn't mess up. This release targets .NET Core 3.1 win-x64. If it doesn't work, you may need to install .NET Core Runtime.
When you run it from the commandline with no arguments, it will tell you what arguments it expects.
Let me know if you run into any issues.

EDIT: My tool now has a proper user interface, thread here: Map Adapter

Attachments

• mapdowngrader.zip
    11.3 MB · Views: 504
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.