• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ambient Sounds not working 1.30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,

I migrated my map from 1.26 to 1.30.0.9922 and i've noticed that the ambient sounds no longer work ( Fire, lakesoundloop, watersoundloop etc and basically any 3d sound attached to a region). This isn't a specific problem to my map. Then i noticed that the 1.26 version allows me to choose the the sound provider between dobly sound, miles emulated 3D and creative labs EAX2 while 1.30 is by default FMOD.

Also, is there a problem with the file paths of the game in 1.30? I'm using a custom skin for the RoC version of the Felhound (units\demon\felhound\felstalker.blp) but it didn't load in 1.30.

Thank you.

Level 39
Unless the hotfix yesterday fixed it, sounds are bugged and only play once right now. They changed the sound engine I believe.

That skin not working is probably something to do with the new CASC filestructure that replaced MPQs, though it's weird that it would affect imports to the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.