• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to downgrade from patch 1.33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi guys,

i just want to follow my passion to create my own wc3 reforged hd maps. (with custom stuff). Since patch 1.33 came out, it is nearly impossible because of crashes. With patch 1.32.9 I never had greater issues when i was working on my hd maps. So, is there possibility, to downgrade the current version to get 1.32.9 back? I would use it only offline for map creation. My goal would be to play it afterwards on the current version (1.33).

Does anyone has an idea for this possibility?

~Vulac

Yes. But you might want 1.32.10 instead of 1.32.9. They are very similar.

I have at least three Windows computers that I updated to Patch 1.33 and I knew that it would have the crashes and I knew that it would have the problems because I tried using the 1.33 on the Public Test Realm before they shut it down for the "private" testing. So, on each of these three machines, I copied my Patch 1.32.10 installation before downloading Patch 1.33. After I did this, I was able to use both editors on the computer (1.32.10 and 1.33). There is a bug in 1.32+ that they will mess up your registry so it is hard to use 1.31 or below and the older "non Reforged" versions, but as far as I know you do not have to touch your registry and you can just launch 1.32 editor or launch 1.33 editor on the same machine and maybe even at the same time, and it was just fine in my experience.

So I think the challenge you want to focus on is figuring out where you are going to get a copy of the Patch 1.32 from. For software security reasons, I personally don't like to download that from anyone but Blizzard, but to live that way you have to act in advance.

I think Bogdan or someone uploaded a copy of 1.32 where they cut out all the HD assets so it was an SD only thing for launching the 1.32 editor, and by doing that it made a much smaller download that people could easily access. I have not tried that, but I also don't really want to spend a lot of time trying to share my 1.32 copies because they would be really big to upload (~30 GB or whatever). Also, as the author of Warsmash, it's better if I am not also the same individual who provides copies of War3 game data to other people for legal reasons, in case Warsmash ever falls under scrutiny.

Level 5

im not sure it you can play hd or not

Level 29

im not sure it you can play hd or not
The link you provided here is Classic exclusive (no Reforged). However, Bogdan's post had a download link for Reforged, which still has no HD mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.