• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Loading screen crash after patch 1.33 (Custom map) .. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So basically my custom map we been working on for months now suddenly crashes at loading screen for me and my fellow players.

I sometimes get in but always alone.

This happened right after they switched to patch 1.33.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this or what's wrong?
Tried Blizzard many times but they dont give a fk.

Please, you guys are our last hope this is a really well made and great map for ppl to enjoy on custom online.
We are at final phase of beta testing and now this shit happens... =(

Could really use your help otherwise we gotta scrap months of hard work. =/ Feels really bad.

If you guys can help us get to the bottom of this I will give huge credits to this forum for making our map possible.

Level 20
Tried Blizzard many times but they dont give a fk.
Thats a fucking surprise.

It may be a problem with custom assets, code no longer valid after patch or something at initialization like desync. With that little information about the map you wont get as many solutions. Id suggest posting the map or at least post all initialization triggers/functions and tell if you use any custom assets.

If you have an earlier copy of the map make sure not to convert it to 1.33.

Level 21
You sometimes get past loading, but only alone - sounds like a desync issue.
Then again, why are you only sometimes succesful...

Need more info

Level 2
Map works perfectly fine in Classic mode instead of the new Reforged Graphics, but I'm loosing some units and doodads in the process.

Crashes like 75% of the time on Reforged Graphics at loading screen.

Any thoughts on that?

UPDATE: Removed all units and doodads from Reforged graphics and now the map at least starts, however game crashes while clicking on the minimap moving around looking at other areas. It is not a big map, 96x96 size. Still randomly crashes at loading screen tho.

Any thoughts?

About random crashes, seems like when I change something it suddenly works and when I try again (to test this random bullshit) it crashes.

This crap is driving me insane.

UPDATE:

Seems to crash no matter what with Reforged Graphics, except when I remove all units and doodads on map.
So it has nothing to do with triggers.

Last edited:
Level 21
I'd say, don't stress yourself too much with blizzard caused bugs immediately after the patch. Might be worth to wait a few weeks for hotfixes and community solutions.
I know it can be very frustrating to deal with this in the last phase of development, but the patch would probably also have broken your finished map.

My Wc3 currently crashes on every map test during loading screen, even in an empty map without any triggers or units.

That's worrying, but I'm still optimistic we are going to see some progress on the matter soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.