1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey guys, we've posted the Results for the 30th Modeling Contest. Check them out!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

POLL: How did you discover the Hive?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Sep 19, 2016.

?

How did you find Hive?

1. Searching for map making help / tutorials

2. Searching for maps / campaigns

3. Recommended by a friend

4. Hive affiliate / partner

5. Searching for custom models / skins / spells etc

6. Facebook / Twitter / YouTube / Discord

7. Map you played linked to Hive / hosted project

8. Other - Explain in post!

9. wc3sear.ch member

10. Mentioned online in WC3 (Clan, Lobby, Loading Screen, In-game, etc)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Screamernail

Screamernail

Resources:
    Resources:
  2. Rhorhan

Rhorhan

Resources:
    Resources:
    A couple of years ago I was looking at some concept art of Warcraft 3 (roc + tht) on google images. Many images of landscapes and maps cought my eye so I visited site of image and found the Hive Workshop. I started looking around the site and realised there was so much more to Warcraft than I thought. I started playing around on the World Editor and now I constantly check in on the Hive.

3. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I was grandfathered in with wc3sear.ch.

4. Arowanna

Arowanna

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  5. Alok

Alok

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I believe it was when I searched "warcraft 3 maps" on Google. That was a long long time before I created an account here.

6. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Armor model for my map

7. ArchDuke

ArchDuke

Resources:
    Resources:
    stumbled upon it after looking for a download of a particular campaign,

8. paydiggers

paydiggers

Resources:
    Resources:
    Few of my friends have become a member here and they recommended this site to me.

9. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    wc3sear.ch was my go to place for resources. Then when I became more interested in modding, as opposed to just playing around I made an account on wc3sear.ch (about 3 months or so after first finding it).

I stuck around wc3sear.ch, not really engaging much with the community and mostly just being background - followed the drama on the sideline, with the troubling post from Darky about server space, darky missing, VG stepping up to inform users, Hive helping out, and finally Hive absorbing wc3sear into itself. I don't believe I made an account immediately after that, I think I waited around until I there was no way to use wc3sear anymore and then I created an account on Hive.
    What I found was a place with a community that was great to engage with, lots of stuff to do and Hive took up most of my free time. It followed me through my school years, was the deciding factor for my university degree and even now where the new site layout, and my extended absence from it has made things confusing, it still holds a truly unique place in my life that no other site can replicate.

So although wc3sear was the reason I noticed it, I firmly believe that Hiveworkshop found us, changed our lives and I am so glad to see that it is still going strong.
    Although every old member missing is a source of sadness. I am glad that I got the chance to enjoy their conversations and humour. Now I have little to no idea what most of them are doing or how they are doing.
    - Just hope that they are all well and enjoying life - perhaps still making use of what they learned at Hive.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  10. Alexandru3090

Alexandru3090

Resources:
    Resources:
    Found out about it a long, long time ago when I was in high school and internet cafes were still a thing. It was after the Frozen Throne was released. My friends and I would go every Friday evening to a local internet cafe and play games like Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Aliens vs Predator 2, Soldier of Fortune II Double Helix and - obviously - Warcraft 3. There were some custom TD maps we kept playing and we found out they were from Hive. I kept going around in circles ever since. I re-joined the community recently because I had some free time on my hands and I wanted to try out some of the custom campaigns I never got to play.

11. Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Resources:
    Resources:
    I seen the Hive Workshop ad,in a adult film site.

12. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Guess that is a fairly good reason to join. Welcome to Hive btw. :grin:

13. BlackEnvyX

BlackEnvyX

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I believe it was searching for map making help long, long ago. Holy shit I've been on this site for a decade now.

14. E.M.C

E.M.C

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't know, it was so long ago. What I find funny though is that one day I decided to start posting here to ask some questions I had about my map, and remembered that I actually made an account here long time ago. Going through my post history, my first two posts were made in 2008 and the third only in 2014. Just some random info.

15. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    How do you think I feel when looking back? :smile: But yea, time flies darn fast and while it contains both some amazing events, it does also go to fast. So much I believed to have done by now (when I joined) never happened, and other stuff did.

Beign a person of few words isn't bad. Just being a passive reader can be helpful. Glad to see that it did catch more interest efter 2014 then :grin:

16. BlackEnvyX

BlackEnvyX

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There's so many different maps and other things that I wanted to do since I joined but I never ended up doing. Although I'm happy that I've been involved in the Wacraft III community for as long as I have.

17. dreambeliever

dreambeliever

Resources:
    Resources:
    Me too

18. PrinceYaser

PrinceYaser

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Lol I actually don't remember. Might have searched for some WC3 threads/topics. Oo

19. foje tit

foje tit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Found it in an Advertisement...
    Well that website was

20. Zirukurt01

Zirukurt01

Resources:
    Resources:
    The only things that made me join HW.