• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pokemon RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I want you guys to look at this,,
Stay calm, but above all: Look who made this post:
http://www.wc3c.net/showpost.php?p=1090407&postcount=249

--

--

--

Now you pay reply,,
I dont know what to think,,
This will be hugely insane and good for our map,,
But i dont know if i should believe it =\

EDIT: I now withdraw myself from this spam. I will only be found here for posting updates and giving my opinion WHEN ASKED,,

Last edited:
Level 17
Yahh, the new patch will have 8 mb limit, that is some awesome news actually.
That will help all kind of developers to make their maps even better.
Blizzard finally understand that it is something we developers need.
And the best thing is that its not a joke, you can even try the new patch in the Westfall b.net server like always.

Level 17
People will finally have to wait a few minutes to load a map "yey?... :(".
It is nice to make bigger maps and such things, but remember that it wont be so popular to wait 100 years to DL the map, and then 100 more years to load it.

BTW, doesnt this mean that its a bigger chance that this map will be Multi-player in the future? ;)

Okay, it is great, alright, fine. Back to Pokemon RPG.
It will let me include many anims in the models, since now I can use 2 times the filesize I expected to use. This can even make it possible to fulfill Wazzz's dream about Gold/Silver pokémon.
Talking about concrete work now... =P
Yixx, is the pokédex system being implemented? (And the model too, of course)

Level 35
Why yes it does! And it also means we can more seriously consider the Gold/Silver Pokemon. However, playing Leaf Green is fun, so the first couple of maps in the campaign will be the first 151 only. After a while, we will consider the next 100 Pokemon. Until then, HappyCockroach has a lot of work modelling all the Pokemon we need xD
Well, I do hope he ends up modelling every single one, but that would take a freakin' long time... :(

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Ok, news for you guys:

I'm out of the contest. I came into a dead end, and I don't have any ideas for the terrain. So, TDHX, you can send the map to me, but remember:

- Say what areas I have to terrain.
- You can point somethings, like "put a house here" or "make a lake".
- When the terrain is done, I'll post some screenies here and send the map back to you.

Also, I have to put the pathing blockers right now or just wait for the entire terrain to be done?

Level 16
@ HC: No, not yet,, I had some problems with the map being unplayable (again >.> ),, I downloaded the BETA patch (which ALMOST fixed the return bug) which disabled one function, but did not tell me,, I deleted the function and replaced it with Blizzards GetHandleId() function. Now it works again. I am still working on making the whole thing a little nicer. AND i need to make a new way to choose what you want to do (Attack, Bagpack, Run),, I think after that is done (and the Podédex StatView) the map is almost done for a real worthy demo.

Level 7
About music for our map:
I think that I soon (In the near future) will buy a music creating program. Because I like music and wants to be able to create it myself. That way I would be able to create battle themes, city themes and so on. But is it something we realy want for the project or dosen't that matter?

Level 16
Well, i dont want you to spill money on some music program that isnt being used in the end, But we cannot experience your work with a free tool that has no big possibilitys. I say: Buy it if you want, but do not do it for this Map. If you want to buy it because you like to make music, then im okay with it. But i would not like to be responssible for you spilling money on us while it is not used at its full right.

So: Buy it if YOU want it, not for the sake of the project.

Level 7
Okay well I will think about it.
Another thing now when school is over and I got more time I am trying to become better at using GIMP. Here is a little sample of the new stuff I have learned so far (Not much but it is also just as beginning)

Maby we could use this for leer?

Attachments

• Leer.JPG
    Leer.JPG
    1.6 KB · Views: 130
Level 7
Icons of the Pokemons will not be needed since we are going to use a system for it. So there aren't going to be any icons of the Pokemons.

Is this an another failure project? This thread start at Feb and so far till now, I don't see any progress update on the first post.
comments like this are spam generators...

btw now that multiplayer allows 8MB we have the 'world map' in a multiplayer map along with the models and probably music...how about it?

Level 35
FreakyShirley said:
Yeah, I had nothing better to do and was getting sick of all the kinky Madonna sites after pulling a few all-nighters on them so I decided to come around and spam on a random project. As yours was the first one, I feel like saying that this project is gonna fail because I, as an individual who has not paid any attention to your progress, have not seen any progress.
Well, that was fun and made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Actually, I think I'm in the mood for some more raunchy Madonna sites again. Well, you'll probably never hear from me again, as I have no arguments to contrary your contradictions.

Hm... very odd indeed. No spam, plz, and do not tell us that our project is going to fail because you have not noticed any progress. Don't know if you noticed or not, but coming up with the systems is key to the first part of the project.

HappyCockroach said:
btw now that multiplayer allows 8MB we have the 'world map' in a multiplayer map along with the models and probably music...how about it?

Yeah, sounds great :D.
So long as the filesize for the music is really small as well xD

Level 16
Update log:
Fixed a bug where the AI had too much attack according to variables, doing no attack sometimes

I will from now on make an update log on the main thread, so people coming in here can actually see progress

Level 7
Hello everyone just as you know it:
I am going to remake the quest for Haunter, cause I want it to have a more scary and dark theme for him.

Level 16
I'm hoping on releasing the closed beta any time soon,,
And on releasing the open Beta as soon as any bug reports come in and such from the crew,,

Currently i have 3 things to do for the closed:
1) fix the timer which gives you a maximum time in battle
---(Or remove it, it is not needed in SP)
2) Fancy up the system by making a nice interface and such,,
3) Fix the system so it does support attack animations

Level 7
Crew Discussion:

Hello everyone I would like to discussion what HM's we are going to use in the map, and what they will do.
(Because I need to know this for my Quest, that I am working on)

There is:
Name: Whirepool Effect: Allows you to surf pass whirepools
Name: Cut Effect: Allows you to cut down trees
Name: Rock Smash Effect. Allows you to destroy rocks
Name: Strength Effect: Allows you to push rocks around
Name: Surf Effect: Allows you to move through water
Name: Dive Effect: Allows you to move under water
Name: Fly Effect: Allows you to move instant to another city/town
Name: Waterfall Effect: Allows you to move up at the waterfall
Name: Flash Effect: Lights up dark places

Now would it possible to say that we are going to use flash for sure? :confused:
I where thinking about change the effect of Flash so instead of light up dark places, it would make invisible Pokémons visible for an example a ghost type Pokémon :grin: That way you would have to beat a Gym before you can move on with my quest.

Level 35
Well, fact is if we're going to have Flash, we'll need a couple of additional systems. First of all, we'll need a Move Deleter. I'm confident that won't be too hard for Yixx, just make the trigger ask the person if they want their first, second, third or fourth ability of the pokemon removed, which would be nothing really considering I think he's already made it possible for one ability to take over the other on request. Also, it would have to be made that moves learnt normally or via TM cannot take over the HM moves. Well, that's not compulsory :p

What I'm thinking is that the Flash ability should do what it normally does, if we make it you need it to see Ghost Pokemon, that would be very... well, it's just not a very good idea at all. Do you mean to say that upon encountering a Ghost pokemon, you are in a fight against a completely invisible enemy? It's not like you see Ghost pokemon on the actual map. And if you need to cast Flash to actually fight these Pokemon, that's even worse.

Now, for the HMs, the question is, do we actually need all these HMs? Traditionally, they only ever used 7 at most. Well, I vote we remove Dive and Strength. Dive because it would be kinda irritating programming it so that you can go 'underwater' (probably either another map or an extra section squeezed into the map) where it wouldn't be that great, anyway. And Strength because, well, with Rock Smash you don't really need it in this style of game. Basically, if there's Rocks in your way, it would be better to Smash them up rather than try pushing them around strategically on a 3D plane :p. Also, Waterfall would be hard to do.

Level 38
I'd vote for sticking with the original 5 HMs, and making Flash used just in one obnoxious place you only need to visit once (There was one map I played were rather than making everything pitch-black it just made the cave really dark, so if you squinted you could still see everything relatively well). While more HMs would make it funner to come up with new places to go, their only real function is to force you to battle a gym leader to pass a given area, and it would probably better if that was geared towards doing things like buying fresh water for a city guard then subjugating your team to be burdened with HMs. Or finding the Silph Scope to get past the Marowak ghost, so you can get a poke-flute to get past Snorlax. Having all the HMs and other field abilities like secret power can make up to half your team consist of nothing but HM slaves, reducing your battle options and ability to fill your team and moves with abilities that are more appealing. At least in R/B/Y you can spread the wealth with those abilities and not notice them that much :D

Level 4
Well, first off about the HM's "Whirepool" is just spelled "Whirlpool", there is no e. But so far this map sounds really good. I agree with Wazzz about removing Strength, mainly because with Rock Smash you can just crush the boulders, why bother moving them? And how would whirlpool be too hard to do? Just make a waterfall with an invis wall at the bottom with a region around it, and if they use waterfall in the region it moves them up to the top of the waterfall...But yea, keep working on the map, it sounds great so far!

Level 7
I would say we should use Rock Smash and then remove strength or just not make it a HM move. You don't need to push rocks around, just destroy them...

Whirlpool and waterfall is not needed as HM's in the game at all if you ask me so away with them.

When I said invisible Pokemons i mean like in the old game, when you incountered a ghost u saw it as a shadow which you could not battle or catch. But if flash aren't going to make them visible then ill just make an item for that xP not a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.