• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pokemon RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys I didn't mean to offend anyone, but real names sound like disney in a RPG map. We should stick to the 7 rare pokémon as epic quests. x(
Actually there's nothing wrong with our real names in real life, but in a RPG... well... I forgot that Pokemon uses real names. Whatever... scratch what I said.
I'll switch to friendly mode once again... xP

Level 17
Hello, how could i contribute to the pokemon RPG, i am a Pro Triggerer can do any ability.

i think that
IUM IUG SI TSEB EHT
Talks for itself, they are only going to use Jass if im not wrong.

But i have seen your spells and your good at it.
But the question is if they really need spells like that xD
Pokemon attacks is kinda basic and they are already many in the team :p

I just broke my 1,337 post count.

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Talks for itself, they are only going to use Jass if im not wrong.

But i have seen your spells and your good at it.
But the question is if they really need spells like that xD
Pokemon attacks is kinda basic and they are already many in the team :p

I just broke my 1,337 post count.

I said i will do custom spells for Pokemon RPG .. like Hydro Pump anything you name it...
also no .. it will be done in GUI ...

Level 17
I said i will do custom spells for Pokemon RPG .. like Hydro Pump anything you name it...
also no .. it will be done in GUI ...

What i mean is that the spells is simple enough for them to make themselves i think.
And i mean that they are going to use Jass insted of Gui, atleast thats what i remember, and you are using Gui not Jass, but i can be wrong.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Charmander.JPG
    Charmander.JPG
    6 KB · Views: 142
Level 7
HC: "I'll switch to friendly mode once again"
Good to hear that HC ;) Afterall we are all working together :)
I don't know if you know this, but Charmander's eyes are green not blue xP
Also I would like to hear how you created the Pokeball Loading bar, looks very interesting :D

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Sorry guys I didn't mean to offend anyone, but real names sound like disney in a RPG map. We should stick to the 7 rare pokémon as epic quests. x(
Actually there's nothing wrong with our real names in real life, but in a RPG... well... I forgot that Pokemon uses real names. Whatever... scratch what I said.
I'll switch to friendly mode once again... xP

Henrik isn't my real name, ffs...

I think
the belly line is wrong :p

Level 38
Yea, thanks for insulting my name D:

I always liked fire pokemons, i thought they were pretty nice, as fire actually deals more damage than the other elements, but it is balanced up by the low ammount of Super effective hits you can get. But annyways. Should we when change our teams, so that they fitted to a specefic element? The super trainers in all pkmn games i know, always had a wierd combination of pokemon.

-Winnie the Poo

(yes, there is no "h" :D)

No, fire is not more powerful than the other elements. The damage moves do are determined by the attack or special of a pokemon and the moves power. Ice beam has a power of 95, flamethrower has a power of 95. Fire blast has a power of 120, blizzard has a power of 120.

Fire moves are not more powerful than other moves, and all power 120 moves are usually so inaccurate that moves with a power of ~95 are the best choice. Ice beam, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Rock Slide, Earthquake, and Surf all boast that power. And in R/B/Y blizzard has a very high accuracy score, making ice more powerful than fire. Freeze is also the side effect of blizzard, were fire blast has burn (1/16 hp damage per turn oh no XD)

All the "magical" elements, (grass, fire, water, ice, lightning, ghost, and psychic) are powered by special and reduced by special defense, all the physical elements (poison, bug, normal, flying, dragon, fighting, rock, and ground) are powered by attack and reduced by defense.

Fire pokemon all have great stat totals, I think they actually have the highest stat averages of all the elements, but most of those points are wasted on attack, which can only power the limited selection of normal attacks. Most psychic pokemon have insane special and speed scores to power thier attacks, increase thier critical strike ratios, and attack first. Better deal than wasted attack.

and, for the stats:

The Worst elements for taking a hit in R/B/Y are

#1 Grass 51% (1 in 2)
#2 Rock 43%
#3 Ground/Fire 33% (1 in 3)
#4 Bug 28%
#5 Fighting 21% (1 in 5)
#6 Poison/Ice 19%
#7 Flying 17%
#8 Water 15%
#9 Electric 10% (1 in 10)
#10 Normal/Dragon 6% (1 in 17)
#11 Psychic/Ghost 1% (1 in 81)

of course, most grass pokemon are grass/poison or grass/psychic, which eliminates their trivial weakness to poison.

And the best elements for attacking against the final 81 in R/B/Y are:

1 - 32 Rock 40%
2 - 28 Electric 35%
3 - 27 Ice 33%
4 - 26 Bug 32%
5 - 25 Grass 30%
6 - 20 Ground/Water 25%
7 - 20 Water/Ground 25%
8 - 19 Fighting 23%
9 - 18 Psychic 22%
10 - 17 Flying 21%
11 - 14 Fire 17%
12 - 7 Poison 9%
13 - 1 Dragon/Ghost 1%
14 - 1 Ghost/Dragon 1%
15 - 0 Normal 0%

So fire can deal a super-effective hit against less than 1 in five pokemon and take one from roughly 1 in three, based off of their element.

Elemental matching is key to elements being good, because a super-effective hit deal double damage (x2), exploiting a double-elemental weakness will deal quadruple damage (x4). And pokemon using an attack that is the same element as them will deal an additional 50% damage (refered to as a Same Type Attack Bonus, or STAB). So exploiting a weakness with a STAB attack will deal x3 damage. Fire is so awful in R/B/Y it's not even worth using. With the introduction of steel in G/S then it at least serves a purpose ice can't deal with. But no, fire is an awful element that should be good, but simply is not.

Edit-those stats are based off of all 81 final evolutions, assuming each one will appear roughly an equal amount (pokmon stadium *cough*), did it to see which TMs I should teach my Nidoking. Fire Blast was not one of them. (Ice beam, Thunderbolt, Earthquake and Rock Slide were). For defense I matched opposing elements, assuming each pokemon had a STAB attack for each elements (which is not necessarily true, due to TMs you can just use the elements that count on everything). Did super effective hits the same way. Quadruply effective hits were counted twice.

Level 26
No, fire is not more powerful than the other elements. The damage moves do are determined by the attack or special of a pokemon and the moves power. Ice beam has a power of 95, flamethrower has a power of 95. Fire blast has a power of 120, blizzard has a power of 120.

Fire moves are not more powerful than other moves, and all power 120 moves are usually so inaccurate that moves with a power of ~95 are the best choice. Ice beam, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Rock Slide, Earthquake, and Surf all boost that power.

All the "magical" elements, (grass, fire, water, ice, lightning, ghost, and psychic) are powered by special and reduced by special defense, all the physical elements (poison, bug, normal, flying, dragon, fighting, rock, and ground) are powered by attack and reduced by defense.

Fire pokemon all have great stat totals, I think they actually have the highest stat averages of all the elements, but most of those points are wasted on attack, which can only power the limited selection of normal attacks. Most psychic pokemon have insane special and speed scores to power thier attacks, increase thier critical strike ratios, and attack first. Better deal than wasted attack.

and, for the stats:

The Worst elements for taking a hit in R/B/Y are

#1 Grass 51% (1 in 2)
#2 Rock 43%
#3 Ground/Fire 33% (1 in 3)
#4 Bug 28%
#5 Fighting 21% (1 in 5)
#6 Poison/Ice 19%
#7 Flying 17%
#8 Water 15%
#9 Electric 10% (1 in 10)
#10 Normal/Dragon 6% (1 in 17)
#11 Psychic/Ghost 1% (1 in 81)

of course, most grass pokemon are grass/poison or grass/psychic, which eliminates their trivial weakness to poison.

And the best elements for attacking against the final 81 in R/B/Y are:

1 - 32 Rock 40%
2 - 28 Electric 35%
3 - 27 Ice 33%
4 - 26 Bug 32%
5 - 25 Grass 30%
6 - 20 Ground/Water 25%
7 - 20 Water/Ground 25%
8 - 19 Fighting 23%
9 - 18 Psychic 22%
10 - 17 Flying 21%
11 - 14 Fire 17%
12 - 7 Poison 9%
13 - 1 Dragon/Ghost 1%
14 - 1 Ghost/Dragon 1%
15 - 0 Normal 0%

So fire can deal a super-effective hit against less than 1 in five pokemon and take one from roughly 1 in three, based off of their element.

Elemental matching is key to elements being good, because a super-effective hit deal double damage (x2), exploiting a double-elemental weakness will deal quadruple damage (x4). And pokemon using an attack that is the same element as them will deal an additional 50% damage (refered to as a Same Type Attack Bonus, or STAB). So exploiting a weakness with a STAB attack will deal x3 damage. Fire is so awful in R/B/Y it's not even worth using. With the introduction of steel in G/S then it at least serves a purpose ice can't deal with. But no, fire is an awful element that should be good, but simply is not.

omg are you a pokemon pro ?? D:

Level 18
In every other game in existence, fire is the most powerful element. For some reason, in pokemon, its the exact same.

flamethrower kicks so much asssssss though. that it seems like fire pokemon rock.

when in reality, only charizard is the reason flamethrower kicks so much ass.

btw HFR , you wanna terrain ? im busy at the moment, So u want to terrain ? just give the word and ill give it to you.

Level 16
Fire is a weak element indeed, but that is why most fire pokemon have either more than one element or are able to learn multiple type-attacks,, Like Charizard, he has his fire moves, but can also learn fly etc,, (right? i thought he could)

So i decide now: I take Psychic! =D x],, you fight for the elements you guys want, Psychic is mine! >:]

HFR: Everybody is allowed to post up here,,

LoS: I can try to post up the newest map,, Though i cannot garuantee a good quality,, ill try to fix as much as possible these days,,

Level 21
When's this map completed? its already 3 or 4 months.... in making.

And to tell you something, fire seems so strong because it mixes physical and magical attacks at best, just look at charizard, he has Slash, which is a high-crit chance physical attack, then he has flying(if you give him the vm), again a physical attack, but otherwise, he has decent special attack values, just look: http://www.bisafans.de/pokedex/006.shtml

He has just 50 attack more as special attack, but his defense and special defense are really low, so, on high levels, his speed and his special attack make him seem incredibly powerful, but if he fights against a seadraking, he would lose, because seadraking is faster, has more special attack and has partial dragon attribute, so... it all depends on the enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.