• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger / Jass] Any way of setting Hero Proper name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hello Hivers,,

Any Pokémon fan knows that Pokémon can have a NickName,,
Now, how can i set nicknames in Warcraft, the Pokémon are heroes,,

I dont need a whole trigger, just: Is it possible to set the Proper name of a Hero?

Thanks!:grin:

-Yixx,,-

P.S. It is for This Map: Pokémon RPG
(Check Signature)

Level 3
Nope, it's impossible.

DUH, DUH.
Off corse u can set the name of the hero u want, theres a list of a names and u just put what u want. Theres clearly a variable called TEXT - Hero Proper names
Dont go saying its impossible something that is clearly possible.

DUH, DUH.
Off corse u can set the name of the hero u want, theres a list of a names and u just put what u want. Theres clearly a variable called TEXT - Hero Proper names
Dont go saying its impossible something that is clearly possible.
DUH, DUH.
He means with TRIGGERS. That's why the thread tag is [Triggers/Jass]. That's why he says he doesn't want a whole TRIGGER. Don't say something's possible when it clearly isn't.

Level 16
Can you read? The prefix says: [Trigger/Jass],,
By which i mean, i want to do it through triggers!
I dont know what nickname anyone wants for they Pokémon, so i cant set any PRESET nicknames

Level 3
DUH, DUH.
He means with TRIGGERS. That's why the thread tag is [Triggers/Jass]. That's why he says he doesn't want a whole TRIGGER. Don't say something's possible when it clearly isn't.

No, what happened here is thats the probably didnt know ofthis variable. and he had to place it somewhere and he posted it here, otherwise what would be the point of changing hero name by trigger if u can change in editor, none.

So yeah, i think the answer is, it's not possible.

BTW: Why do you always use 2 commas? Just curious.

EDIT:
No, what happened here is thats the probably didnt know ofthis variable. and he had to place it somewhere and he posted it here, otherwise what would be the point of changing hero name by trigger if u can change in editor, none.
For god's sake, he wants to change it IN-GAME. While the game is running. He just doesn't want a set name, he wants the player to be able to choose a name.

Level 3
ok it cant be done lets stop arguing the nickname makes such a small difference anyway...that they didnt bother creating functions for it

Level 21
*facepalm*

One of the "points" to change hero proper name by trigger is to set the hero name equal to the player name. And that's not possible.

Again, hindy already said it's obvious he wants to change nicknames dynamically, e.g. by creating a trigger that when a player writes "-nickname aname" then your hero will be named "aname".

Level 16
HINDYthat is right, Element of Water is right,,
I want it through triggers, but obviously it cant be done,,
So stop it! close the thread, drop it, dont even think about it anymore,,

BTW: Ya, i always use double comma's,, :grin: Dunno how it started xD,,

Status
Not open for further replies.