• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change Hero's Proper name via Trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hey all...

i've got a simple question but i think the answer is very complicated if its even possible :D

How (if its possible) can i change the hero's proper name via trigger to the name of its owner?

for example : the name of the player controlling the hero is claptomanic i want the hero's proper name to be claptomanic too.

thanks in advance

greetz clapto

Level 9
really no way? =( i would even take a system with thousands of lines....

I WANT THAT!! =*((

sorry for exaggerating a lil bit ;D

EDIT: wouldnt it be possible to use no proper hero name at all and display the text at the position where the proper name were via trigger? so that its not really the proper name but it seems like.

Last edited:
Level 9
that thing i already accepted defskull^^ but thanks anyway :D

my new idea for that was to display the desired text like the pictures used for FSIs but to display it on the position of the heroes proper name on the UI instead of on the screen.

is that possible? (i think thats a question for very good jassers ;D)

Level 33
(i think thats a question for very good jassers ;D)
Or a very good Trigger Editor.

You know that we use DisplayTimedTextToPlayer function for that occasion, right ?
For example, SimError by Vexorian.

It displays a text message with a configured settings to imitate the default error message.

This system has no problem unless...

There is another Game Text Message is used within the duration of the system, it will mess up the text.

If you have a game where you don't use Game Text Message AT ALL, you can place the Text Message to that Hero's Name I guess.

EDIT:
Well, I've just tested the DisplayTimedTextToPlayer, unfortunately, it cannot overrides the unit's UI, if it is below than it, the message won't appear (as if the UI has blocked the message).

Last edited:
Level 33
EDIT: wouldnt it be possible to use no proper hero name at all and display the text at the position where the proper name were via trigger? so that its not really the proper name but it seems like.
This system has no problem unless...

There is another Game Text Message is used within the duration of the system, it will mess up the text.

EDIT:
Well, I've just tested the DisplayTimedTextToPlayer, unfortunately, it cannot overrides the unit's UI, if it is below than it, the message won't appear (as if the UI has blocked the message).

Nuffsaid`

Status
Not open for further replies.