• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pokemon RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, every level 3 or above terrainer uses the UTM 3.0. The n00b users or import the models themselves or terrain only with melee doodads ;P

I almost forgot DON'T download the 4x version. It's a "light" version, with less imports. For short, don't use it.
You said that the noob users import the models one by one?
In my opinion, the noob users are those that do a shitstorm of imports. Pro users can do awesome terrains with no imports.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
I already did some playable terrains whitout imports, and they lack the visual effects that the terrains based off the UTM have. Also, users like Septimus based they camapign off the UTM, and, even with models and a music, it's only 18 mb.

Of course, we will first make the singlplayer version, as Wazzz said, but when we make the multiplayer one, of course we'll not need that shitstorm of imports, because the multiplayer version will be most based at the battles.

Level 38
Multi-player and single-player maps are vastly different. If you want to eventually make this map a multi-player map terrain it as though it is one, it is a royal pain in the ass to delete resources /re-terrain everything/move regions/re-assign triggers after you have decided to change the player count. HC has a point with reducing the doodad size to, he has been making models incredibly small sizes so that the map can still function the way it ought to, and if this map were to have a large store of imported materials it should be the pokemon models, not all the fancy doodads. It's not like people are going to play this map or the regular games for breathtaking environments and incredibly detailed locations anyways, the winning factor for the game is the gameplay. While blizzard doodads look worse than UTM ones, they look infanently better than the mystery barrel/bush/tree? environments from the gameboy. So go through the imports and delete the ones you don't need, and as HC said only the textures may cause problems, you can delete an unused model with no trouble at all.

On a side note, what are you guys planning on doing for the trainers? In R/B/Y there are around 15 different types of trainers with a different in-game sprite, and the elite four and gym leaders as well. And each new introduction to the series just keeps increasing trainer variety. Are you going to have a handful of generic trainer types that use the same models? Will you go for different trainer types but re-use models for them or use various humanoid models to fit them? Or are you going to import custom models/skins for a variety of trainers and gym leaders? As far as planning what new models to do for the game it should at least be considered. Anyways, mostly thought about that as an issue concerning space and file-size, even in maps were I work with the space given and try to refrain from going overboard with resources file size always catches up, and fast.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
The multiplayer map will not be a RPG like the singleplayer. As far as I know, it'll be more focused at the battles, so, the terrain will be just some arenas, shops, etc.

About the trainer types, we had a discussion about that at the beggining of the thread. Put that isn't a major factor, as we need to create the basics first.

Level 8
for trainers you could use any humanoid model with custom made skins for each. To save file size you could use the peasant acoylyte and villager models for trainers and have custom skins for that model for extra types of trainers. They mi9ght want each gym leader to have its own custom model becouse there a big storyline point but you can re-use some models with different skins and the players would hardly notice. We should let happy cockroach do the gym leaders if yall are gonna use a custom model for each for one reason only.... dont put to low a limit for filesize he needs to be able to show his full potential somepart through the game. and he(i would think) would enjoy the chance to make a few models and not constantly cutting details and such for a SINGLEPLAYER MAP! becouse the multiplayer one probly wont even need gym leader i would picture it more like pokemon world 7.1 or something but more and advanced and an actualy storyline.... i back HC all the way.

Level 8
dude don t even ask..... they cant and wont give an ETA (estimated time of arrival/acheivment) or maby a ETC (estimated time of complaetion) witch ever term they dont kno you its in beta/alpha stages of modeling storylining and teraining.... like said in earlier page its about 1.5-2% done.

p.s I acidently left a trigger out of the campaign i put ina the pastbin so go to the USMC campaign thread in map development. Thanx . I fixed trigger error there.

p.s.s I have been working on my photoshopping.... i am working on a pokemon rpg team sig like me new one for all of us to have.... unless yall rather have the original one on the first post it's ok if u dont want one just offering.

Last edited:
Level 35
Yes indeed there is a lot of work to be done, and what I see is a post that does not need to be:

hermie1 said:
how do I download maps again? I wasnt logging in for a long time. Or the map isnt done yet?

Srsly, Zeron just explained everything, why must you then go on to ask the question he answered in the post exactly before yours? Spamming = gh3y + annoying - intellect.

Photoshopping, eh? Sounds purdy cool :p
As for sigs, we like the old one, but says who we can't have several? If you want to, you can create one and we'll check it out ;). Thx for the tip, buddy :D

Level 8
Thank you! and your also welcome lol. Check out my TUT im trying to get approved.

Post there if u have any suggestions on getting it approved.

p.s(god im tired of p.sing lol) ill get to work on a greate poke sig! lol

p.s.s(OM*G) hermie... why must i waste my finger typing power... what if this last sentence im writing to u to tell you how retarded that was is the sentence i strain my right index finger have a super double over wammy cramp fall down and hit my head on the desk with a big gash now and bleed out on the floor! what if!
lol jk!

p.s.s.s(ima do this all day if some peeps dont start posting lol) what about this for like our project "sticker" you know like a logo...
attachment.php

I'll edit it up a lil more to make it a lil nicer... might make it 50x50 so you can put it anywere and greater detail.

*so far-
attachment.php

trying to get the white specs off the side....

Attachments

• pokeball.gif
    pokeball.gif
    2.5 KB · Views: 31,519
Last edited:

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Because it's a Huge project, not a crappy AoS that takes 1 week to create :p

I made some progress today, and I'll put some pics here soon.

Edit: Here they are:
attachment.php

attachment.php

BTW, I noticed that Zerox never posted here...

Attachments

• Pokemap 5.jpg
    Pokemap 5.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 1,211
  • Pokemap 6.jpg
    Pokemap 6.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 788
Last edited:
Level 15
Magic pen ftw...

YES! I am back! And ready to help(with the spam).
It's been a time, and i can feel that. I'm having a hard time to hit the right buttons on my keyboard. Guess it's only a matter of time.

Though, i don't got much time, because sunday (in 3 days) i am going on a 3 weeks holiday to france... Prolly without laptop (though PSP), and even if i got the tools to acess the internet, i still need some WiFi, wich is nowhere to find in sishang (if thats how it is spelled). You cant find much wireless internet, when 80% of the people living there is old ladies with atleast 3 cats.

So, can anyone please give me a resume of what happened on the project. I mean, i got 14 A4's to read, several forums to check up at, and the list goes on.

So, hi all, and goodbye again soon!

Level 16
@ HFR: Nice! And Zerox never posted because she is on vacation and stuff, which i mentioned i thought.

LoS, Welcome Back! =D
1) Terrain is @ HFR now, and as you can see quite really awesome!
2) Zerox joined the team as modeller, though she is not bound to this project at her request.
3) The patch is keeping me from coding much, which is actually annoying because in some weeks my vacation to Jordan is starting.
4) I am in Love :3

Level 8

our staff:

attachment.php
---ME!

attachment.php
---HFR sorry no cubone...
=0 lol

attachment.php
--Yixx

attachment.php
---Wazz

attachment.php
---HC

attachment.php
---Lord of Suasage
I "wazz" bored to the "yizz" man and my "HFR" hurt like a "Happy Cockroach"!!!! lol

Attachments

• normal_charizard.gif
    normal_charizard.gif
    19 KB · Views: 2,028
  • normal_arcanine.gif
    normal_arcanine.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 758
  • normal_meowth.gif
    normal_meowth.gif
    23.6 KB · Views: 4,824
  • normal_Pika.gif
    normal_Pika.gif
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,047
  • normal_Mewtwo.gif
    normal_Mewtwo.gif
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,596
  • 115Kangaskhan.png
    115Kangaskhan.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 625
Last edited:

HFR

HFR

Level 22
HFR, there is a hidden wooden bridge doodad in the world editor that won't require you to spam those night elf lanterns - the link is to a tutorial with all the WC3 resources + screenshots! Anyways, looks good so far. Link

Wow thanks. I'll see what I can do. +rep for helping me!

As I'm a very active guy, progress was made:

attachment.php

attachment.php

And Zeron, WHERE IS MY CU-BO-NE?

Attachments

• Pokemap 7.jpg
    Pokemap 7.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 212
  • Pokemap 8.jpg
    Pokemap 8.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 312
Level 15
Meeeeeeh

But no, not me, as im off the day after tommorow.
Would love to, but no time : /

Oh, and Yixx, you damn avatar and signature! I was like: "Who's that dude giving orders? GTFO!".

Well, in 3 weeks, or less if we decide to go home earlier, i would like to do some work. Terraining would be cool, but (You will love this, HFR), im not that good anyways.

Oh, and what happened to me and HFR's little terraining contenst?

Level 18
lol im still here you know...

am I ? lol i know i havn;t even been on for a week but i still want to terrain it.

Now that the starter town is made, and the map has a foundation, i can better create the surrounding areas to determine roads ETC...

So if you want to give me the map ill further terrain it. if thats okay with you Yixx

and wow HFR this map is looking beutiful... it might become directors choise if we finish it :D

Level 16
I guess that Zeron will now first terrain battle areas and such, and then you can go on with the rough terrain? Or just with what you want? But, if you terrain, Zeron, i want to have the map first so i can make those regions,,

@TWIF: The terrain is getting huge progress, rest is going kinda slow i guess,,

Status
Not open for further replies.