1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Pokemon RPG

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Yixx, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yixx

Yixx

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    DEAD-DEAD-DEAD

Pokémon RPG

old post

This is the world, the world op Pokémon.
    Pokémon are, besides humans, the only form of life on this planet. They are with so many, that we've only seen some of them really, the rest is a mystery, so far.
    Pokémon are your friend, or your enemy!
    See them, Battle them, Get to know them, Catch them.
    What will you do with them?
    Are you a fighter, on the way to be the best Pokémon Master?
    Are you a beauty queen, battling in Contests to obtain beauty prizes?
    Are you a Learner, curious about all the mysterys of Pokémon?[/CENTER]

Make your choice, decide your faith.

In Pokémon RPG, you are a pokémon fan, but you have never had one yourself. But now, a generous Pokémon Professor gives you the chance to change that! He will give you your own Pokémon!
    But then, what will you do? Most people have Pokémon as a pet, cuddling them, loving them. Lots of other people use them for fights, to battle against wild Pokémon, or against each other. But a new craze is coming up, Pokémon Contests. In these contests you can show everyone the beauty of your Pokémon, use a combination of abilities to make a beautifull effect.

This Pokémon RPG is my very first serious project. How i got the idea? Thank Redscores for that! He made his Round Based Battle System, which seemed like Pokémon to me. That is when i got the idea of making a Pokémon RPG.

But a good Pokémon Game is nothing without good models. That is why i need You to help me! Everyone who is interested in making Pokémon Models, An Icon, or just a Reskin for me is welcome to do so! currently i have a Huge lack of good Pokémon Models.
    My Model List:
    Pikachu, Raichu, Ghastly, Haunter, Gengar, Articuno, Ekans and Arbok.
    I am going to use only The First 150 Pokémon. This is because of the simple fact that 150 Pokémon is already a lot!

There is going to be a seperate map!! This map will contain Multi Player options like: Battling against each other, Battling with each other (against each other also or against wild Pokémon) And maybe even trading!
    This battle against wild Pokémon isnt just lvl 5 Rattata, it is going to be a row of Pokémon, getting in a higher level of the row will give you higher Pokémon! Ever played battle Tower on Pokémon Ruby or Sapphire? It is like that, but the lvls of the Pokémon will go up over time!
    It will not contain walking through the Pokémon world together, only battling and trading!

So, are you interested in Modeling, makeing an icon, or making a Skin for me, reply on this thread, or jsut PM me!
    Credits are sure to be given!
    Models for Buildings are of course also Welcome! Any Gym, Lab or House Models will be taken a look at. But i would like to keep the Warcaft Style in the game!

Since so much people ask me about our progress, i will post an update log here.
    Updates go from the time the Battle system has been made in JASS.
    Update Log
    Code (vJASS):
        * Made the battle system in JASS
        * Updated the system so it supports the AI
        * AI updated so it supports different amounts of attacks
        * Fixed a problem where AI has too much attacks according to the variables

Our Current Crew:
    Crew

Members:
    Yixx
    -- Project Leader
    -- Main-Triggerer

Wazzz
    -- Project Manager
    -- Ideas/Other Help

HFR
    -- Terrainer
    -- Ideas/Other Help

Darkxs
    -- Quest Writer
    -- Main-2D-Artist

Lord_of_Sausage
    -- Ideas/OtherHelp
    -- (Some) Triggering

HappyCockroach
    -- Main-3D-Artist

thedeathunterxx
    -- Main-Terrainer

Zeron
    -- Terrainer

Are you a good modeler? And are you interested in this project?
    Contact me! I would likely have you in my team =)
    (Terrainers, triggerers, and other help people are enough in the team, however, if you give alot of ideas and keep replying on this project, you might get in 'Other Help' without even noticing it =),, this is like an award for helping this project!)

Credits:
    Redscores - RBB System!
    Klarnetist - Scientist Model!
    HappyCockRoach - Pkmn Models!

[​IMG]

(Screenshots attached)
    (Yeah, the girls foot is cut off, it is already done, but im too lazy to convert the TGA to JPG xD)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  2. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Pokemon fights in the first games was always 1 on 1.

So you should do that.

3. Yixx

Yixx

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Fights are going to be 1v1 on wild pokémon and most battles, and in certain special cases 2v2

4. 4rankie

4rankie

Resources:
    Resources:
    This sounds like a good idea, the terrain could use a bit more style, if you want i could make it a bit better, but the general idea is awesome. i cant help you with models or skins i am trying to learn how 2 skin so i could try and make one when i get little better.

5. Yixx

Yixx

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You are very welcome to join the Pokémon RPG team (so far i am the only one in it ^^) Terrain isnt my biggest problem, but Models, Skins and icons dont need the map to be spread amongst people, and i got some friends that are Ok Terrainers,,
    I want first the whole map to be playable, i need all attacks to be triggered, all Pokémon to have proper models, and all Pokémon to be balanced.
    So far, units have been made for all Pokémon, that is already done,,

6. DonDustin

DonDustin

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think it would be nice if you would also add some doodads into those stages

7. 4rankie

4rankie

Resources:
    Resources:
    ya i will add dodads keep them looking like arenas wat the same time i use just regular w.e stuff.

8. Yixx

Yixx

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    That will happen ^^ ,, as I said, some of my friends are Ok Terrainers, they will take a look at the whole terrain (or a part of it and give me tips) when it is almoste done,,

9. 4rankie

4rankie

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok if you need help just ask me.

10. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  11. Yixx

Yixx

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hehe, thanks, i already heard about WarCraft Unlimited from thevanquisher,
    Also i saw the rapidash model: it was really strange =S
    I JUST (no srsly 5 mins ago) downloaded the mewtwo model =D
    And the Mart, PkmnCenter and House were a little too undetailed to me, also they arent WC3 style, and that is what i actually want (besides the battles), so all houses, Gymbuildings and Pokémarts have to have a little WC3 style :grin:
    Thanks for looking for me!

12. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think you could add some pokemon from all the generations, (like 20 for each generation), it's because is hard to find and request 150 (good) models.

13. Yixx

Yixx

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yes, that would be an idea, but im not going to request 150 pokémon,
    Warcraft is full of usefull models, some vertex coloring would do =)
    Of course some Pokémon need a custom model, but Warcraft already has lots of models,,

14. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Rhyhorn is easy, just recolor a riderless kodo :D.

15. Yixx

Yixx

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    There you got it! An good example for an Warcraft model for Pokémon!
    For omanite the standard snail model,, (some recolor and some resize =D)
    And i will sure forget a lot of good things, that's why we have the THW community =D

16. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Like Charizard > Red Dragon
    Nidorino > Felhound
    Moltres > Phoenix

But I still think that using pokemon from other generations will be good, because there's cool pokemon in other generations.

17. Yixx

Yixx

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yeah, but finding models (include WC3 models) for all 150 is already a hard job!
    I MIGHT do it when the first 100 or so are done, and when the map is in a further stage =D

18. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, goooooood luck them! And by the way, the map will be single player? If not, an AI will be good.

19. Yixx

Yixx

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Thanks =D,,
    Yes, its single Player, multi player will be impossible when for example only YOU encounter a pokémon, because you cant make 2 battles at the same time
    (ask redscores, but dont be offensive! Its very hard to make that!)

20. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Well, the problem is that you can have MANY different areas which you can choose from through a integer, and you cannot have 2 fights at the same time because it could bug if you choose 2 times the same area, and in GUI it would be in near of being impossible to make it MBI (multi battle instanceable), because my version already uses arrays and 3D arrays arent possible in Wc3 GUI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.