• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pokemon RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
DEAD-DEAD-DEAD

Pokémon RPG

This is the world, the world op Pokémon.
Pokémon are, besides humans, the only form of life on this planet. They are with so many, that we've only seen some of them really, the rest is a mystery, so far.
Pokémon are your friend, or your enemy!
See them, Battle them, Get to know them, Catch them.
What will you do with them?
Are you a fighter, on the way to be the best Pokémon Master?
Are you a beauty queen, battling in Contests to obtain beauty prizes?
Are you a Learner, curious about all the mysterys of Pokémon?[/CENTER]

Make your choice, decide your faith.

In Pokémon RPG, you are a pokémon fan, but you have never had one yourself. But now, a generous Pokémon Professor gives you the chance to change that! He will give you your own Pokémon!
But then, what will you do? Most people have Pokémon as a pet, cuddling them, loving them. Lots of other people use them for fights, to battle against wild Pokémon, or against each other. But a new craze is coming up, Pokémon Contests. In these contests you can show everyone the beauty of your Pokémon, use a combination of abilities to make a beautifull effect.

This Pokémon RPG is my very first serious project. How i got the idea? Thank Redscores for that! He made his Round Based Battle System, which seemed like Pokémon to me. That is when i got the idea of making a Pokémon RPG.

But a good Pokémon Game is nothing without good models. That is why i need You to help me! Everyone who is interested in making Pokémon Models, An Icon, or just a Reskin for me is welcome to do so! currently i have a Huge lack of good Pokémon Models.
My Model List:
Pikachu, Raichu, Ghastly, Haunter, Gengar, Articuno, Ekans and Arbok.
I am going to use only The First 150 Pokémon. This is because of the simple fact that 150 Pokémon is already a lot!

There is going to be a seperate map!! This map will contain Multi Player options like: Battling against each other, Battling with each other (against each other also or against wild Pokémon) And maybe even trading!
This battle against wild Pokémon isnt just lvl 5 Rattata, it is going to be a row of Pokémon, getting in a higher level of the row will give you higher Pokémon! Ever played battle Tower on Pokémon Ruby or Sapphire? It is like that, but the lvls of the Pokémon will go up over time!
It will not contain walking through the Pokémon world together, only battling and trading!

So, are you interested in Modeling, makeing an icon, or making a Skin for me, reply on this thread, or jsut PM me!
Credits are sure to be given!
Models for Buildings are of course also Welcome! Any Gym, Lab or House Models will be taken a look at. But i would like to keep the Warcaft Style in the game!

Since so much people ask me about our progress, i will post an update log here.
Updates go from the time the Battle system has been made in JASS.
JASS:
    * Made the battle system in JASS
    * Updated the system so it supports the AI
    * AI updated so it supports different amounts of attacks
    * Fixed a problem where AI has too much attacks according to the variables

Our Current Crew:

Members:
Yixx
-- Project Leader
-- Main-Triggerer

Wazzz
-- Project Manager
-- Ideas/Other Help

HFR
-- Terrainer
-- Ideas/Other Help

Darkxs
-- Quest Writer
-- Main-2D-Artist

Lord_of_Sausage
-- Ideas/OtherHelp
-- (Some) Triggering

HappyCockroach
-- Main-3D-Artist

thedeathunterxx
-- Main-Terrainer

Zeron
-- Terrainer

Are you a good modeler? And are you interested in this project?
Contact me! I would likely have you in my team =)
(Terrainers, triggerers, and other help people are enough in the team, however, if you give alot of ideas and keep replying on this project, you might get in 'Other Help' without even noticing it =),, this is like an award for helping this project!)

Credits:
Redscores - RBB System!
Klarnetist - Scientist Model!
HappyCockRoach - Pkmn Models!

pkmnrpgsig1f.gif

(Screenshots attached)
(Yeah, the girls foot is cut off, it is already done, but im too lazy to convert the TGA to JPG xD)

Attachments

• Pokémon RPG City1.jpg
    Pokémon RPG City1.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 3,702
  • Pokémon RPG Pic.jpg
    Pokémon RPG Pic.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 2,527
  • Pokémon RPG Gym1.jpg
    Pokémon RPG Gym1.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 2,071
  • Finished.jpg
    Finished.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 2,342
  • Pkmn 1.jpg
    Pkmn 1.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 4,504
  • Pkmn 2.jpg
    Pkmn 2.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 1,503
  • Pkmn 3.jpg
    Pkmn 3.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 2,412
  • Pkmn 5.jpg
    Pkmn 5.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 1,471
  • Pkmn 6.jpg
    Pkmn 6.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 1,586
  • Pkmn 7.jpg
    Pkmn 7.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 1,749
  • Pkmn Map!.jpg
    Pkmn Map!.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 2,628
  • PkmnRPGSig1.gif
    PkmnRPGSig1.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,302
Last edited:
Level 6
This sounds like a good idea, the terrain could use a bit more style, if you want i could make it a bit better, but the general idea is awesome. i cant help you with models or skins i am trying to learn how 2 skin so i could try and make one when i get little better.

Level 16
You are very welcome to join the Pokémon RPG team (so far i am the only one in it ^^) Terrain isnt my biggest problem, but Models, Skins and icons dont need the map to be spread amongst people, and i got some friends that are Ok Terrainers,,
I want first the whole map to be playable, i need all attacks to be triggered, all Pokémon to have proper models, and all Pokémon to be balanced.
So far, units have been made for all Pokémon, that is already done,,

Level 6
ya i will add dodads keep them looking like arenas wat the same time i use just regular w.e stuff.

Level 16
That will happen ^^ ,, as I said, some of my friends are Ok Terrainers, they will take a look at the whole terrain (or a part of it and give me tips) when it is almoste done,,

Level 16
Hehe, thanks, i already heard about WarCraft Unlimited from thevanquisher,
Also i saw the rapidash model: it was really strange =S
I JUST (no srsly 5 mins ago) downloaded the mewtwo model =D
And the Mart, PkmnCenter and House were a little too undetailed to me, also they arent WC3 style, and that is what i actually want (besides the battles), so all houses, Gymbuildings and Pokémarts have to have a little WC3 style :grin:
Thanks for looking for me!

Level 16
Yes, that would be an idea, but im not going to request 150 pokémon,
Warcraft is full of usefull models, some vertex coloring would do =)
Of course some Pokémon need a custom model, but Warcraft already has lots of models,,

Level 16
There you got it! An good example for an Warcraft model for Pokémon!
For omanite the standard snail model,, (some recolor and some resize =D)
And i will sure forget a lot of good things, that's why we have the THW community =D

Level 16
Thanks =D,,
Yes, its single Player, multi player will be impossible when for example only YOU encounter a pokémon, because you cant make 2 battles at the same time
(ask redscores, but dont be offensive! Its very hard to make that!)

Level 21
Well, the problem is that you can have MANY different areas which you can choose from through a integer, and you cannot have 2 fights at the same time because it could bug if you choose 2 times the same area, and in GUI it would be in near of being impossible to make it MBI (multi battle instanceable), because my version already uses arrays and 3D arrays arent possible in Wc3 GUI.

Level 13
Well, the problem is that you can have MANY different areas which you can choose from through a integer, and you cannot have 2 fights at the same time because it could bug if you choose 2 times the same area, and in GUI it would be in near of being impossible to make it MBI (multi battle instanceable), because my version already uses arrays and 3D arrays arent possible in Wc3 GUI.

Not true, learn triggering. Maybe the same area cant be used same time, but you can make samelooking aread or use different areas. I see no problem here anyway. I havent looked your systems, but I havent encountered many things you cant do in gui (damage detection, few unique actions eceptions).

Level 16
@ HFR:
Single Player it will be =D I will try to add some Save Code or something,, but that is not important now,,

@kewlthis:
Have a look at his system, it uses a lot of triggers, (some may be a little superflues, but that is to make it easy to apply for a map),

@redscores: I dont think it CANT handle it, wont the 'NextUnit' trigger bug if you use 2 areas?

Level 16
Please dont be offensive! But redscores is right, it is impossible to make MBI (lawl word)
Have a look: take your conclusion(that will obviously be that it is Impossible)
And now shut up about if it is possible or not, rather make a meaningful reply that i might use!
And i made a little mistake (CAN had to be CANT in previous post, already EDITED)

Level 16
Ok, i'll have a look at it later, gotta go now,,

Oh, BTW: Redscores, i found a better model for Rhyhorn (or Rhydon, dont know which is the 4-foot-walking) the mammoth, it has horns, it has better attack anims,
and it has a little less duh-face (like: duuuuuuuuh *eat* *eat* *eat* duuuuuuuuuh)

Level 35
HAHA, I just saw this, and I love the idea! Dude, only do the first 150 pokemon, although I'd like to see the Gold ones in there, too, you should probably just see how the first 150 goes, too.

Well, that Pokemon Legends is the perfect example of how one should do the abilities. It is a really well done map and well worth a look at (although it does not fully deiliver on the aspects it promised e.g. saving, last gym leader, team rocket).

BTW, if you don't know how to make the abilities do damage based on different attributes (as is done in the afore mentioned Pokemon Legends map) I'd be more than happy to show you how. Hell, I could even simply implement it for you so that you can just take the map back and essentially copy the code for each ability as you desire.

I like your battle system, it looks sexy. I love the idea of having 2v2 battles! Don't feel to discouraged from taking that path, it's a great idea! Why not have 3v3? Afterall, that's part of the purpose remaking the game in Warcraft 3. Why would someone play a map when they can just play the game? If one does a complete clone of a game, I would personally prefer to play the original game as the map would be more than likely to contain some bugs.

Here are some aspects that I think would make this map a great replacement for the classic Pokemon games:
- Multi-pokemon battles (e.g. 3v3 and such)
- Instant pvp options (challenging players with a close-range ability rather than the tedious method)
- Saving options (so you can continue on Battle.NET and strive to be the best trainer in real life! :D)
- A method to get each and every pokemon (some Pokemon in the original game require various versions, which means one has to have 2 friends with the other versions or has to play through all the games themself, leading to boredom due to repeating the damned game so many times :p)
- And finally, unlockable Gold Pokemon (This is just an option for when everything else is done)

I may have other suggestions later on, but as I am not the only person in the world, I understand you'll obviously need to wait for feedback and/or more suggestions from other ppl. Good luck! Long live Pokemon!

Level 16
Well, first: Thanks for the big feedback =D,,
Im first gonna do the first 150 Pokémon indeed,, and even IF there are going to be secret Pokémon, im not gonna tell you:ctwist:,,

Abilities are not a big problem, its just boing to make every ability triggered, dealing the damage, making every special effect different from other abilitys, and even make every different ability in Object Editor,,
Its just LAAAMEE!:angry:
Triggering is like the smallest problem to me,, (Yes, i said biggest concern in previous post, but the smallest problem: Im ok at triggering, which means it is not a problem, but it is still a big thing to do,,) skill based damage is no problem,, any problem will be asked in the 'Trigger & Script' section on THW, or i might PM you if you want me to =),,

PvP is going to be VEEEERY hard, since the whole map is single player,,
BUT,, i might make a different map, using the excact same models, using the exact same abiltys, but this time based on PvP, using a Load-Code which you get in the Single Player map =D,,
(Just a crazy idea, dont think it will be there even before the map is nearly done)

Your improvement points:
- 3v3 isn't going to happen, i think, and IF so, only with bosses, maybe 1 Elite 4 boss, Team Rocket (or might name them different) boss, and so on,, I'll think about it,,
-Instant PvP,, look above =) ^^,,
- Every Pokémon will be available for catching, some Pokémon like the Legendary of course only once, but still, every Pokémon is available to be caught.
- Might be, might be not, that will be a question to you, and a know for me (thats how they say it in dutch :gg:) ^^

With this sentence, i end this reply, hope it gave you enough information,,

-Yixx,,-

Level 27
In may opinion, pokemon is best being an single player Rpg, like the gameboy and DS games. In DS, the only online feature is battling and trading pokemons using Wi-Fi.

Also, found this:Onix - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

An great model for your map.

Although dueling other persons online is much more fun.

Can't you remake the system or try and edit it so there it a way for multiplayer?

I mean, i also have a map where i use like 20-30 different triggers only for singleplayer but like 5-7 of them are used in both single as in multi. You could just say ''blegh to much work'' or ''i will give it a shot nomatter how insane much work it is''

It mostly involves copy-past change variable number here and there right? =p

Level 16

Can't you remake the system or try and edit it so there it a way for multiplayer?

I mean, i also have a map where i use like 20-30 different triggers only for singleplayer but like 5-7 of them are used in both single as in multi. You could just say ''blegh to much work'' or ''i will give it a shot nomatter how insane much work it is''

It mostly involves copy-past change variable number here and there right? =p

Well, actually i was thinking of a seperate map,,: this map will be like the limk cable in Pokemon games, you Load your Pokémon with a code,
This code will be given if you save in the Single Player map,,

In this seperate map you can battle with your Pokémon, you can challenge a row of wild Pokémon,, all with one or maybe more friends,,
And i might even try to make a trade system to trade with a friend =D,,

BUT this all is going to be in a seperate map!! =)

Critters are ok to use, i already tried to make a bulbasaur with canion beetle (from the crypt lord) with an ability that has an attachment,, like the bush doodad,, but it ended out a little different then i thought xD,,
but this IS a way to make normal models more like pokémon,,

-Yixx,,-

Level 35
Well, although I'm a fan of pokemon, one of the last things I want to see is some clone of it without much new to show. Making it Single-Player when building it in a multi-player map just seems far too much of a cliche. If you were to make it multi-player, however, that would be new and sexy and everything like that :D. Also, there are bound to be more ideas regarding how to make this different to the standard Pokemon game, I just can't come up with many (if any) right now :p.

The reason it would be terrible to make an exact clone of Pokemon in here is players will constantly ask the question why they would be playing this rather than the original pokemon on a GBA emulator.

Level 15
If you are going to make a multiplayer duel map, keep in mind that maximum map size is 4 mb, and noone wonna wait if they have to download more than 1.5 -.-. If you are going to have 150 + a few extra units, and lets just say that 50% of then uses custom model, you will end up with 75 models, wich can cause a pretty high file size. Anyways, this would be awesome to play :D

HFR

HFR

Level 22
The reason it would be terrible to make an exact clone of Pokemon in here is players will constantly ask the question why they would be playing this rather than the original pokemon on a GBA emulator.

Or an DS emulator...

Yes, it's fun, but to get your powerful team you have to first play in singleplayer, catch, train, raising, feed, making eggs and them you can battle online. So, you have to play for many hours in singleplayer before starting battling on wi-fi.

Critters are ok to use, i already tried to make a bulbasaur with canion beetle (from the crypt lord) with an ability that has an attachment,, like the bush doodad,, but it ended out a little different then i thought xD,,

You could use the dragon turtle model, but smaller and green. Take some ideas fom pokemon Legends. The creator made dozens of pokemons using only standard Warcraft models.

Level 16
Or an DS emulator...

Yes, it's fun, but to get your powerful team you have to first play in singleplayer, catch, train, raising, feed, making eggs and them you can battle online. So, you have to play for many hours in singleplayer before starting battling on wi-fi.

You could use the dragon turtle model, but smaller and green. Take some ideas fom pokemon Legends. The creator made dozens of pokemons using only standard Warcraft models.

Ok, of course i can use the dragon turtle, but i already use it for squirtle, i am going to use it for wartortle and Blastoise if there is no other option, so rather not :\,,

Dueling other persons IS fun, Hell yea! ^^,, but why would you play on a DS or VBA emulator then? You cant play online with them (right?),,

Ok, to make everybody know now:
There is going to be a seperate map!! This map will contain Multi Player options like: Battling against each other, Battling with each other (against each other also or against wild Pokémon) And maybe even trading!
This battle against wild Pokémon isnt just lvl 5 Rattata, it is going to be a row of Pokémon, getting in a higher level of the row will give you higher Pokémon! Ever played battle Tower on Pokémon Ruby or Sapphire? It is like that, but the lvls of the Pokémon will go up over time!
It will not contain walking through the Pokémon world together, only battling and trading!

Level 16
I will think of the filesize of course =)
But the size of the map is going to be a lot smaller (play size)
Because now we only need a few battle regions, a Pokémon Center, a trading place, and maybe some little more,,
Triggers dont take that much size, the biggest problem of the MP-map is going to be the models,,

-Yixx,,-

Level 16
Yeah, but they are like, Huge! I need small models and skins, and a reskin of the Rabbit is better then a huge model that is almost the same as the rabbit model,,
And seel skin? Cant find it =S, can you link me?

(I dont mean to offend you, but I need quite some models, and they need to be preferably small)
(And Yes, i do know you uploaded the models)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
1 V 1 battles were boring and make no sense.
If it is multiplayer allow teamed battles of team size.
If it is single player, allow 2V2 battles in certain wild areas.

Also it better not have a move limate like the portable pokemons, as it is boring and never was in Super Smash brothers or the series.
Turn based battles are good thou, if speed was more useful.

Level 16
1 V 1 battles were boring and make no sense.
If it is multiplayer allow teamed battles of team size.
If it is single player, allow 2V2 battles in certain wild areas.

Also it better not have a move limate like the portable pokemons, as it is boring and never was in Super Smash brothers or the series.
Turn based battles are good thou, if speed was more useful.

Ok, first: Thanks for Reply, especially from you DSG =D,,
1v1 is going to be the base, but i will make certain places where you can do 2v2 battles, or maybe some chance (10 or 20) % to engage 2 pokémon at the same time,,

Limited portable Pokémon? You mean that you can only carry 6 Pokémon?
If speed was more useful? What do you mean by that?

Thanks! -Yixx,,-

Status
Not open for further replies.