• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Pokemon RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Then want you want HFR? Hehe a Cubone that is getting "Raped" (As you said) by a Rhydon? Well... I think it is a good idea.
What do you say Yixx?

Okay I will try to come up with something new but give me some time ;)
Just thought that the square thing made it look like the UI's from the game-boy-games.

Level 16
I think we should give Darkxs some time to get a good WIP which shows his skills,,
This is really early stage WIP so i cannot and will not say anything about it since i think it is in a too early stage to do so,,

Level 17
Nah, rape will have in the game, not in the UI. Try to make as warcrafitsh as possible.

First you should rape in the game and not the UI then you want it to be warcraftish. x) How can you connect rape with warcraft? hmmh....
Its kind of hard to figure that out :p

Edit:
Why not try to make the UI into something similar to a pokedex? That would give it a pokemon feeling.

Level 8
Look HFR just because (I maby use Pokemon stuff (Not yet dicided)) dosen't it means that it is all happy for an example the map would look like a Pokenav which was the map navigator in the game-boy game. I will not use the Pokedex theme cause we already have an model for that.

Level 38
I agree with HFR that the UI should have an appeal to older players. Right now it looks like your trying the same approch all the Pokemon merchandise that was aimed at 5 year olds took - using bright, solid colors, and all the obnoxious unevolved Pokemon. Really, don't use pikachu in the UI, and if you use any Pokemon use the ones the still seem relativly cool to all the ~15 (or even 21 >.<) year olds that use this site will still plan on using, such as Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, etc. And if your planning on using Pokemon in the UI I would suggest using the watercolor versions or in-game sprites.

009___Blastoise.jpg[td]00yellow.gif
[/TD]

Although I'm not sure if you should even put pokemon in the UI. If your looking for other ides for the borders of the UI the Pokemon cards actually have a lot of background/boarder space as well, and barrowing ideas from the Pokemon/Trainer/Energy cards could probably look pretty cool as well. The cards are also a good source of cnp material for creating quick icons as well, so they are worth looking into at least.

111.jpg[td]86_Poke_Ball.jpgkabutops.jpg
[/TD]

The cloudy effect in the backgrounds of several cards would add a more impressive textured look the the UI, and I think that would offer a more soffisticated/WC3 feel.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
I do, if:

- You prove your work (make a really good terrain).
- You're not busy and will not keep the map for 2 months whitout making any progress.

I'll terrain when the contest is over and/or Septimus desires will is accomplished.

I agree with HFR that the UI should have an appeal to older players. Right now it looks like your trying the same approch all the Pokemon merchandise that was aimed at 5 year olds took - using bright, solid colors, and all the obnoxious unevolved Pokemon. Really, don't use pikachu in the UI, and if you use any Pokemon use the ones the still seem relativly cool to all the ~15 (or even 21 >.<) year olds that use this site will still plan on using, such as Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, etc. And if your planning on using Pokemon in the UI I would suggest using the watercolor versions or in-game sprites.

Although I'm not sure if you should even put pokemon in the UI. If your looking for other ides for the borders of the UI the Pokemon cards actually have a lot of background/boarder space as well, and barrowing ideas from the Pokemon/Trainer/Energy cards could probably look pretty cool as well. The cards are also a good source of cnp material for creating quick icons as well, so they are worth looking into at least.

The cloudy effect in the backgrounds of several cards would add a more impressive textured look the the UI, and I think that would offer a more soffisticated/WC3 feel.

Seconded.

Level 8
Thanks for the great ideas 67chrome +Rep ;)
Lord_of_sausage let me try to make the UI if it dosen't work or something you can try okay?
I could also do the terrain (Have told Yixx that) and if you ask I would say that my skills is like this:
10/10 = Pro like the best people on hive.
1/10 = A noob that only plant trees.

Hmmm... About 6.5/10

Level 16
Then show us,, We need only the best terrainers to do the terrains. And since we have got enought choice (TDHX, HFR, LoS, Darkxs) there might be someone who will not terrain. LoS and Darkxs, this will be some sorta challenge.
Use UTM if you want (since we based the map off it this time),,

Challenge: An amazone area. The trees cover all of your sight and are high as hell. Some little plants grow on the ground, but they cannot grow big as the big trees cover almost all sunlight.
You stand on or next to a small path. Normally this path would not be here, but the local maroons have walked here a thousand times so this has becomen a normal path for them. On the far end of the path you see a small watchtower, made by the same maroons. But it is empty, since there is a feast nearby in their village. Through the trees you can JUST see some of the smoke the fire makes.

This is a hell of an assignment =P, but i just LOVE this xD,, Amazone areas are cool!

Examples of what i mean:

in210-1.jpg

80b8b.jpg

bob-en-astrid-in-afrika-141.jpg

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Easily. There was a rainforest next to my cave, sometime ago. I know all the surviving techniques (Welcome to the Jungle, MWAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!)

But, who will judge? How about of 3 judges?

- TDHX (the main terrainer, of course)
- Me (the most egoccentric terrainer)
- Yixx (He's the boss. What do ya think?)

HFR

HFR

Level 22
You're trying too? Remember:

- Never use Blizzard cliffs.
- Never use Lordaeron Summer tileset.
- Never use Blizzard Cliffs + Lordaeron Summer tileset. If youdo this, you FAIL!
- The UTM is your best friend.
- Use lightning effects, such as sunlight/moonlight.
- Use fog.

My rate will be a mix of all those points plus others.

Level 16
HFR, lol i know what to do and what not ;)
I just cant find a REAL good tree =\,,
I guess i need to seach UTM a little bit more thoroughly,,
Oh, and Wazzz brought up a real good point: Not only My requested camera setting should be nice, but also Bird View setting, because this will be the Main Camera for our map (RPG cam is optional),,

Level 16
Here is my entry, Give me honest opinions. I am no better than you just because i am 'leader' of the project.
So: I want honest opinions and USEFULL ideas,,
And i worked on this for like 2 hours or so xD
JUST A WIP!
The outpost has to be updated, it is just something to indicate there will be one,,
0 WIP Regenwoud.jpg

HFR

HFR

Level 22
I must say: Good job on it. But, it needs more details. Try to add more plants/bushes/shrubs/flowers at the middle. Also, behind the big tree to the right, there's just a blank, empty space. This will make you lose some points.

I'll review and rate the terrains when the 3 are done.

Level 8
Well... HFR I like your terrain so it's okay for me. Just as long as we can give advices. By the way the UI is doing great! There will be no implantet Pokemons (The theme is the rough street) But more then that am I not going to tell.

Level 18
yixx : not bad at all, in fact, it has a perfect atmosphere for pokemon gameplay... yixx, no doubt that if no one is able to terrain, you can be a temporary terrainer.

HFR : lmao i luv your ego. very funny

btw, I HAVE NOT STARTED THE MAP YET ! ( the UTM map ) why ? because sckool is still going. Itll be done by WEDNESDAY ! i cant wait.

and a side note, ill need every terrainer on this map.... the size 480 x 480 is really big. I hope even the 4 of us can complete such an EPIC task.

ohh and another side not, about the power plant. I think making a demolished power plant is easy. but im leaveing that to HFr, since im not that good at making cities ( HFR is making towns again now. )

Level 16
I guess most of us got school going on now, since it is almost/already end of the year so,,
I think that this project will probably get on hold one of the coming weeks, that way we can all focus on school and after that get going again ;),,

So: Who got school the coming weeks? When do the epic tests start? When do they end? I want to know that from everybody to make sure that there is no misunderstanding.

Yixx: 2 July - 7 July is my testweek.

BTW: TDHX, thanks =)

Level 8
Yixx I know I have asked you about this, but ill realy think you should reconsider your opinion about voice actors. I know that the Game-Boy Pokemon games diden't have that, but isen't our project a whole new side of Pokemon?

It's just so pathetic to see and hear a cintematic without any voices at all...

What do you others (The crew) think?

Last edited:
Level 18
no voices...itll be of shitty quality, and take up way to much space.

btw, i starteed the new map...it looks beutiful <3

edit : my tests are this week. Next week, im free al week. The terrain is looking pretty nice to start with. But im shaping the landmass in my vision right now....it looks a little similiar to the landmass in johto ( silver and gold version )

Last edited:
Level 8
On second thought I agree with TDHXX about the voice thing.

Can't wait to see your terrain m8 ;)

I am having a test this and the next week then im done with the school xD

Level 8
Just wanna know who got the map right now? And who are currently working on it?
(I am look at some music creating programs to create the music we need for the map)

Status
Not open for further replies.