• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pokemon RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
Wait, what? We choosing specific types already? Well, I'd like to have an all-round theme. The one where I can counter everything. I already have the team + moves sorted out for them as well xD

Now, as for RMX. Let us think. Our credits are extended as it is. We have pretty much all the people we need at the moment as is. We have Yixx and Lord_of_weiner here for triggering, and sometimes En_Feugo. The question is, do we really need another triggerer? And not just another triggerer who would save us time by working with us, but I triggerer who wants to do things his own way. As good as GUI MUI may be, the code is in vJass already. The triggers for spells have been sorted by Yixx (he's pro at making awesome spells). The camera system has already been done by LoS. The entering buildings system is dead easy and the transferring Pokemon data triggers have been sussed already. So tell me, what is it you can contribute that won't change our already heavy plans?

Oh, and if I can't have an all round attack force, there is one theme I have as a back up. That is the Darkness Theme, branching out to Poison Types, Ghost Types and Dark Types (although, if we only end up including the Pokemon Red pokemon, then I'd have to reconsider :p).

Reactions: HFR

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Now, as for RMX. Let us think. Our credits are extended as it is. We have pretty much all the people we need at the moment as is. We have Yixx and Lord_of_weiner here for triggering, and sometimes En_Feugo. The question is, do we really need another triggerer? And not just another triggerer who would save us time by working with us, but I triggerer who wants to do things his own way. As good as GUI MUI may be, the code is in vJass already. The triggers for spells have been sorted by Yixx (he's pro at making awesome spells). The camera system has already been done by LoS. The entering buildings system is dead easy and the transferring Pokemon data triggers have been sussed already. So tell me, what is it you can contribute that won't change our already heavy plans?

Ok maybe your right, then i won't join but thank you, i just offered help at triggering, i can do GUI MUI and JASS also a little vJASS BTW Yixx is teaching me vJASS, i can help ALOT, look at my SIG and check my resources you will notice that i am a PRO triggered also.

Also, by I'm seeing, RMX is working for Septimus.

No it is just a spell Request :p

Last edited:
Level 35
Yixx is teaching you vJass? That would be great if you could do that! However, I'm not sure what we'd actually need help in ATM, if something comes up and LoS still doesn't have his zeal and Yixx can't figure it out, we should have someone like you who can help out a lot, but as for now I don't think we actually need spells (although, from what I hear, yixx is having trouble with the battle system, talk to him more about that if you're interested :D)

Level 35
OMG! I forgot about ghost!

But, first, you have to choose only 1 type, and ghost has only 3 pokemon... That's why I chose ground/rock.

Also, by I'm seeing, RMX is working for Septimus.

You know, we should make it that we pick out a specific team including our fav pokemon (the one we chose as our Avatar long ago), making the members awesomely powerful :D. And there'd be no heirarchy, we'd all have the same level Pokemon, we choose the rest. The only rules are you can't have a move on a Pokemon that can't learn it in any way possible. Go to bulbapedia to check. Here's my party as an example:

Dugtrio: Hyper Beam, Sludge Bomb, Rock Slide, Earthquake

Hitmonlee: Hi Jump Kick, Mind Reader, Brick Break, Toxic

Aerodactyl: Hyper Beam, Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, Fly

Gyrados (My Fav :D): Thunder, Hyper Beam, Surf, Ice Beam

Mr. Mime: Magical Leaf, Shock Wave, Psychic, Shadow Ball

Flareon: Flamethrower, Quick Attack, Hyper Beam, Shadow Ball

...And that would be my party FTW :D

EDIT: Oh, and another rule would be that you can't copy another person's Fav Pokemon at all, and you also can't copy another person's moveset word for word, you have to have at least half of it different :p

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Seadra and Slowking aren't at the first 151.

Also, I still think at least our favorite pokemon should point what will be the base type. Like:

Fav. Pokemon: Cubone. Type: Ground.

I have one done:

Cubone: Earthquake, Bone Club, Rock Slide, Headbutt.

Level 16
My pokemons will be the tough an cool pokemons
- Nidoking (Normal)
- Primeape (Fighting)
- Poliwrath (Water)
- Rhydon (Ground/Earth)
- Scyther (Grass/Bug)
- Arcanine (Fire)

(Moves will be given later on, need to figure them out first ><)

Are TM's allowed for moves or not? I think not because that would be too imba =\

Level 7
Ehh... I don't see why we canno't just pick our fav Pokemons. If it is because of we all pick the same, then just make the rool that you canno't pick a Pokemon that one from the team already picked.

But if we are going for the theme then my party would be like this:
Venusaur
Moves: Toxic, Sunny day, Synthesis and Solarbeam.
Charizard
Dynamicpunch, Fire Blast, Dragonbreath and Flamethrower.
Blastoise
Hydro Pump, Surf, Blizzard and Ice Beam.
Pidgeot
Mirror Move, Swift, Fly and Double Team.
Snorlax
Fire Blast, Thunder, Blizzard and Earthquake.
Pikachu
Thunder, Zap Cannon, Thunder Wave and Protect.
The theme is standart/Ash's Pokemons.

Level 38
In every other game in existence, fire is the most powerful element. For some reason, in pokemon, its the exact same.

flamethrower kicks so much asssssss though. that it seems like fire pokemon rock.

when in reality, only charizard is the reason flamethrower kicks so much ass.

Well, I'll agree that fire is usually a very good element in all games it is in, though usually due to it being just focused on dps. And yes, I do think the same should have been applied to pokemon, but it is not :(

Charizard is a big reason why flamethrower "kicks ass", he has a very good stat total. Another reason is that pokemon is a game designed with the "every player can win!" attitude were their is not much of a challenge at all. Gym leaders being focused on one element plays into this, if one bothers to use a pokemon with a type advantage that pokemon usually will do x2 damage and take 1/2 in return. Max stats would also play into Charizard being good, as a max stats pokemon is roughly 3 times more powerful than a minimum stats one (Computer trainer pokemon, wild pokemon) so even if your charizard is the same level as something in-game by the time he learns flamethrower he will probably have at least double stats.

Any element can be good against computer players, its just when you fight other people that fire becomes an undesirable choice. And if you are all planning on being a sort of epic elite four, then your teams won't be fighting pokemon teams that are geared towards the any player can win strategy. Your teams will be up against other players - so you should gear them towards winning at all costs rather than muscling through hordes of weaklings.

Fire is a weak element indeed, but that is why most fire pokemon have either more than one element or are able to learn multiple type-attacks,, Like Charizard, he has his fire moves, but can also learn fly etc,, (right? i thought he could)

So i decide now: I take Psychic! =D x],, you fight for the elements you guys want, Psychic is mine! >:]

HFR: Everybody is allowed to post up here,,

LoS: I can try to post up the newest map,, Though i cannot garuantee a good quality,, ill try to fix as much as possible these days,,

Well, charizard is two elements and can learn moves like submission, earthquake, and a few others to round out his psysical strength. But most fire pokemon are pure fire, and can only learn fire and normal moves from TMs - which further accounts for their weakness :(

At least in Gold/Silver fire has a niche with the introduction of steel.

Psychic is a very good choice ;)

Wait, what? We choosing specific types already? Well, I'd like to have an all-round theme. The one where I can counter everything. I already have the team + moves sorted out for them as well xD
Oh, and if I can't have an all round attack force, there is one theme I have as a back up. That is the Darkness Theme, branching out to Poison Types, Ghost Types and Dark Types (although, if we only end up including the Pokemon Red pokemon, then I'd have to reconsider :p).

I agree, you should all have well-rounded teams to make them more challenging. One-element just means only one pokemon is needed to sweep through an entire team (unless that element is psychic, as against R/B/Y pokemon it has no weakness).

My pokemons will be the tough an cool pokemons
- Nidoking (Normal)
- Primeape (Fighting)
- Poliwrath (Water)
- Rhydon (Ground/Earth)
- Scyther (Grass/Bug)
- Arcanine (Fire)

(Moves will be given later on, need to figure them out first ><)

Are TM's allowed for moves or not? I think not because that would be too imba =\

TMs are vital for creating good teams, and without them just about every pokemon really suffers in versatility. Some pokemon like nidoking would even be rendered totally worthless with no TMs.
Nidoking is Poison/Ground, and Poliwrath is Water/Fighting. And I know I said Nidoking is one of my favorites, but he is one of those pokemon like charizard-good against computer opponents but bad against other players, especially because he is weak against psychic. Though if you want to keep him a good move-set is Rock Slide, Earthquake, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt :)

Scyther looks really cool, but being bug/flying makes him weak against fire, ice, lightning, and quadruply weak against rock. The fire/lightning/ice weakness = doom for him :(

Ehh... I don't see why we canno't just pick our fav Pokemons. If it is because of we all pick the same, then just make the rool that you canno't pick a Pokemon that one from the team already picked.

But if we are going for the theme then my party would be like this:
Venusaur
Moves: Toxic, Sunny day, Synthesis and Solarbeam.
Charizard
Dynamicpunch, Fire Blast, Dragonbreath and Flamethrower.
Blastoise
Hydro Pump, Surf, Blizzard and Ice Beam.
Pidgeot
Mirror Move, Swift, Fly and Double Team.
Snorlax
Fire Blast, Thunder, Blizzard and Earthquake.
Pikachu
Thunder, Zap Cannon, Thunder Wave and Protect.
The theme is standart/Ash's Pokemons.

Pikachu? Nice.
Though you shouldn't double-up on two moves from the same element. Either go with fire blast or flamethrower, zap cannon or thunder, hydro pump or surf, ice beam or blizzard. Your only ever going to use one of the two, unless you run out of PP - which would involve your pokemon surviving 7-14 rounds (very unrealistic). That's an OK strategy for fighting through hordes of weaklings in dungeons, but not for battling against other players. Pokemon are better off with a wide range of moves, making them more cunning and capable of a verity of strategies. (normal moves are an exception, as they have such a wide range of effects that having two can be beneficial).
Snorlax is a physical attacker, he has close to nothing in the form of special but a very high attack score (in R/B/Y a snorlax using self-destruct is the most powerful attack in the game) - And being normal he gains a same-type-attack-bonus with normal attacks :)

BTW, what game are you planning on using the sort of rules set from? I say you should keep all the damage calculations and move stats to one game, I remember someone saying no abilities (Ruby/Sapphire?) so I suggest keeping to gold/silver. The chance of getting a critical hit, the division of special into two scores, and accuracy chance on moves (blizzard drops from 90% in R/B/Y to 75% in G/S) are vary depending on the game.
In R/B/Y critical hits are determined by a pokemons species speed score, giving slowbro around a 2% chance to get off a critical hit and Jolteon around a 30% chance. In G/S and on pokemon have a critical hit tier, were their are six tiers of critical hit chances pokemon fall into. Moves like slash and razor leaf increase the chance to get a critical hit by x8 in R/B/Y (making persians slash a gaurentied 140-power critical hit, just 10 points shy of hyper beam in one turn, and with a 50% damage bonus for being the same element), while in G/S these moves only increase the critical hit chance by 1 tier. (so sandslash, persian, and razor-leaf are great in R/B/Y, and suck in all later versions)

As special attack and special defense are only 1 score in R/B/Y, pokemon with a high value in this attribute are powerful dps and tanks at once, making alakazam nearly unstoppable with a special score of 130 - he can take extreme punishment from attacks like ice beam and flamethrower and dish out overpowered psychic damage as well (and he learns recover). Splitting the stat in two largely made alakazam less overpowered are more of an equal to other pokemon worth using.

And accuracy for various attacks changed slightly from R/B/Y, as blizzard used to have an accuracy of 90% - making it arguably better than ice beam. In G/S that accuracy dropped to 75%, making it inaccurate enough to be worse than ice beam.

Other attacks changed to, in R/B/Y attacks like wrap/clamp/bind could be escaped from by switching, wasting the opponents turn. In G/S they trap opponents, making moves like toxic, spikes, and sandstorm not only usable but a good strategy.

In R/B/Y hyper beam does not take a turn to re-charge if it misses or if it KOs a pokemon, making it at least worth using for a surprise finishing move. In G/S it always takes a turn to recharge, rendering totally worthless.

Just something to keep in mind when you create your dream teams ;)

Edit - the best pokemon in R/B/Y are Alakazam, Chansey, Exeggutor, Gengar, Golem, Jynx, Lapras, Rhydon, Slowbro,
Snorlax, Starmie, Tauros, and Zapdos. Articuno, Cloyster, Dragonite, Jolteon, Moltres, Sandslash, Persian, and
Victreebel are also pretty good as well.

In G/S a much larger chunk of pokemon are worth using, largely due to the steps to balancing that the game designers took, including splitting the special score, adding a counter for psychics, and adding new moves and stratagies. The addition of Hidden Power also allows any pokemon to have a power 75 STAB attack, making elements like bug actually worth something in offense.

Level 35
LoS, you aren't allowed to have Gyrados, remember the rule is that the favourite pokemon of each person is unique to them. Also, Darkxs, you can't have Charizard, that's already someone's fav pokemon, isn't it? If not, then you may have him, but also you have to include Gengar if it truly is your favourite pokemon.

And Yixx, TM's would make us imba, that's the point, we're all powerful and you have to become even more powerful to beat just one of us. Remember, we won't have our pokemon at the maximum level, we'll have our pokemon at probably level 77-80 where we nominate which ones are which (e.g. 2 at 78, 3 at 79 and 1 at 80. Just an example, keep that in mind ;D). But the use of TM's is allowed ingame, so it should be for this, as this is exactly what I would do anyway with my party (notice each and every one of my pokemon is easy to get).

Oh, and finally, HappyCockroach, in the PM Darkxs sent everyone, legendaries weren't allowed. That means Articuno isn't allowed, come up with another one plz. And Kanghaskhan is already taken, HFR, LoS's favourite is Khangaskhan, which means he has to replace the Gyrados with it.

P.S.: NO ONE ELSE TRY AND TAKE GYRADOS, FSS! I ALREADY SPECIFIED THAT RULE! SO NO MORE TAKING IT AND NO MORE PROMOTING IT! SAME GOES FOR THE FOLLOWING:
Persian (thankyou for using it, HC :D)
Cubone (same for Marowak, as I'm sure HFR wouldn't want it to go unevolved)
Kanghaskahn (LoS, replace your Gyrados with that one. See its possibilities as I saw mine)
Kabutops (Yixx, you have to use it. Fossil pokemon aren't legendary, so it's alright xD)
Haunter (Darkxs, don't forget to include this one)
Dragonite (Deathunter, when you make a party, don't forget to include this one xD. You got fair dibs on this superbly versatile specimen :D)

...and that's all I can think of for now. If I didn't mention anyone else who is on the team, let me know xD. And thankyou for agreeing with me, 67Chrome :D

By the way, what the hell are we doing? we got 1 whole page about this 'pick you pokemon' game. we could discuss the quests to assure them better, instead.
I'm editing this post with the quests listed (just a small paragraph so you remember them)

EDIT:
The Skull-Headed Hermit - Lone Cubone
A Cubone fights you in a canyon you crossed. He's damn strong, he wins, takes you backpack, searches for something, doesn't find it, throw it away with one random item lost. You talk to townsfolk, find out that musical instruments are disappearing, mainly flutes. You find the unique Cubone again in the forest stealing a kid's flute, you fight him. If you win you get the flute and the Cubone's stolen items (TM's, HM's) as well as the one he stole from you. If you lose, the kid escapes with the flute successfully. Once again you will find Cubone there if you wait and come back again.

The Gargantuan Fish - Lake Gyarados
The fishermen tell you about a enormous fish. If you fish you will fight with a Gyarados. He's damn strong, he wins. You talk to the townsfolk and they say that this fish may be the Sea Behemoth that was asleep. You talk to other townsfolk and find out about the cavern under the lake. You go through this cavern and you discover that there is a Venusaur in the depths of the tunnels. The poison he'd lay on the water bothered the Gyarados. You fight Venusaur and get TM's, HM'S if you win. Now the Gyarados is calm. His level is lower, you can fight him normally and even capture it.

to be edited...

Level 35
@HFR: Well, you could have Nidoqueen or Dugtrio, or you could break away from the type theme like everyone else and have something different. Besides, Kanghaskahn isn't Ground type anyway. We do need all round attack forces, so we are individually powerful. We'd be like our own uber trainers (like Red in Gold/Silver and Steven in Emerald) where the challenge is to become powerful enough to beat all of us. Perhaps we'd even play our own minor parts in the story line? For example, my character could appear and help in fighting off Team We-Are-Noobs when they are doing something naughty... lol. Like a doubles battle including 3 of my pokemon at a lower level or something.

@HappyCockroach: I don't like the idea of having a quest for each and every favourite pokemon, we should all elect a neutral pokemon to have a minor quest about them (they shouldn't be major, look at the Red Gyrados for example. And look at Snorlax and Kecleon. Red Gyrados is the better example, but the point is that they are all at level 30 for you to defeat/capture. Oh, and Sudowoodo plays that part as well :p). But if we do include them, I'm not keen on one being so powerful it defeats you intentionally, that shouldn't happen, it's a waste of time for the player really. Instead, perhaps the player meets HappyCockroach or Darkxs or anyone else on the team and they're investigating it.

Also, on the topic of storylines, how about instead of being random powerful trainers, we each have at least a small role in the story? For example, one of us could lead the Team Not-Rocket. And another could be a vigilante who helps in attempting to defeat the Team Out-Of-Fuel. And then there could be the trainer who just wants to fill their Pokedex. There would be other roles (I think we need four more), but for now, I put fair dibs on being the vigilante xD

Level 18
okay heres my shit :

1) trainer name - Corith Gadin AKA TDHX( HEHE LMAO guess who !)

2) trainer type - cool/dragon trainer

3) pokemon team -
2 Dragonite's,
1 gyarados ( can i pick that ? ),
1 draganair, and
1 charizard

they would be anywhere between levels 45 -60, and if i had a part in the story, i would be one of lance's little gym helpers.

Level 35
No, you cannot pick Gyrados. And remember, you don't want to pick a specific type unless you're willing to be thwarted by one particular type :p. Anyway, I think LoS already chose that 'theme', although I keep emphasizing with the support of a few that we need all-round attacks. Look at my party for example. My Mr. Mime uses 2 attacks that never miss, both of different types in order to take care of the types that are disadvantaged against those types. As for having Dragonite and Dragonair, wouldn't you rather have 3 Dragonite's? Mind you, if you're one of lance's gym helpers, I think it would be best for you to have that party minus the Gyrados xD. Could have Seadra instead.

Lance could have Gyrados (it would have the common moveset for a Gyrados involving Rain Dance, Surf, Hydro Pump and Hyper Beam).

Oh, and BTW, I'm changing my Gyrados a little. Instead of its previous moveset, it will now read as follows:
Surf, Ice Beam, Thunder, Rain Dance

I'll have this combination only if Rain Dance gets coded properly. In the original game, Rain Dance + Thunder = Uber Pwnage, which is why the change :p

P.S. Lol, Deathunter's opening line could be, "Don't I look pretty? Oh shit, a fight? If I lose, I will crap myself!". But wait, it gets better. After beating him, he actually does crap himself, and then HFR comes and cleans it up!

Level 18
okay well my dragonites pawn bitches because i give them TM attacks ...which would be

1st dragonite :
-flamethrower
-Ice Beam
-Lighning Bolt
-surf

2nd dragonits :
- Fire blast
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- earthquake

that autmatically pawns every creature in the game, hands down ( except for HAUNTER ANG gENGAR !! WTF! lmao )

and here's my line :

" so you wanna fight me ? im too pretty to fight with my fists, but my pokemon can WOP YOU ASS BIATCH ! "

then when i loose " Okay, you may have beat me, but i get more bitches then YOU....o wait, no i dont =/ "

lmaooo xD

Level 35
lol, I think you'll find that despite the obvious versatility of these movesets, the Dragonites are more Attack based, not Special Attack Based :p. Therefore, although they do pwn, they don't pwn as much as they do :p

One thing I don't understand is why you have the same types on different Dragonites for 3 moves, but one has all the more powerful ones with less PP. Wouldn't you want to even it out? For example, give the second Dragonite Ice Beam and Flamethrower while the first one has Fire Blast and Blizzard. Would be a little more even in PP that way xD.

As for your lines, I liked my ideas xD
HFR appearing out of nowhere to clean you up after you shit yourself... it's a compelling tale full of plot twists and life changing drama. It will change your life.
*snigger*

Level 35
...I disagree with that, you can choose a type for yourself if you like, but the original idea was for us to create a team of our favourite Pokemon. As that would result in some pretty weak teams, we changed it to make it that we make a party including our elected favourite pokemon. My party stays the same as before.

Level 35
Well, that was happening when we had specific types (3 Dragonites, remember?). Perhaps we should make it a rule that no Pokemon is allowed to be in more than 2 different parties. The rule about the Favourite Pokemon still applies. That means no more bloody Gyrados's to be requested! Lol

You know, it just occured to me that I forgot about the existance of Tauros. Not that I actually cared much about that Pokemon, it's just funny how I forgot all about it because it's sooo... crappy :p. Just kidding, I'm sure it has its own... features... well, let me just say there's a good reason I forgot about its existance :p

Level 3
Wazzz keep your moves r/b for now...
rain dance
Sunny day
zap cannon
Mind Reader
Brick Break
Aerial Ace
Magical Leaf
Shadow ball
Are all G/S onwards

Level 7
What Wazzz says have I heard to. But about the theme, why do we not just pick some Pokemons that the other members of the crew have not? Like:
Yixx: 1. Venusaur
Wazzz: 1. Flarion
HFR: 1. Dragonite
Yixx: 2. Golem
And so on...
This is just an example.

Level 38
You know, it just occured to me that I forgot about the existance of Tauros. Not that I actually cared much about that Pokemon, it's just funny how I forgot all about it because it's sooo... crappy :p. Just kidding, I'm sure it has its own... features... well, let me just say there's a good reason I forgot about its existance :p

Tauros is the number 1 anti-psychic in R/B/Y, he is faster than khangaskhan and snorlax, can learn horn drill and fissure and actually hit with them, and gets STAB bonuses with normal attacks. He is one of the best pokemon in R/B/Y. He is one of those pokemon that for some reason just work. He has just the right stats and just the right moves for his stat total. He dosn't look it but he is actually very good.

As for two trainers having the same pokemon I don't think you should limit everyone to totally different pokemon, after all Lance and Gary both have a Gyaradose. And their are only 81 final evolutions in R/B/Y, and only half are really even worth considering.

So maybe just have dibs on 2-3 pokemon for a team to avoid repetition, but other than that you'll just cramp each others styles by claiming everything, and each team will be hampered with a few crappy pokemon that the trainer dosn't really want :/ But I'd say don't have two of the same pokemon, for no other reason than that is one of the most used rules when dueling other people. I'm not sure if you should refrain from the mystical birds, they are not that fantastic, and I can remember a few battles in pokemon stadium were trainers have them. Considering the storyline twists I've read in this forum, it wouldn't be to much of a stretch to explain why their is no longer one of them. Maybe the nuclear power plant irradiated the mystical birds and caused them to duplicate themselves/maybe mewtwo captured them and cloned them all. You could have fun with that anyways :)

okay well my dragonites pawn bitches because i give them TM attacks ...which would be

1st dragonite :
-flamethrower
-Ice Beam
-Lighning Bolt
-surf

2nd dragonits :
- Fire blast
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- earthquake

that autmatically pawns every creature in the game, hands down ( except for HAUNTER ANG gENGAR !! WTF! lmao )

and here's my line :

" so you wanna fight me ? im too pretty to fight with my fists, but my pokemon can WOP YOU ASS BIATCH ! "

then when i loose " Okay, you may have beat me, but i get more bitches then YOU....o wait, no i dont =/ "

lmaooo xD

Haunter and gengar are half poison, and have nothing in defense. Earthquake will definatly take care of them. You don't have anything for normal, psychic and fighting.

By the way, what the hell are we doing? we got 1 whole page about this 'pick you pokemon' game. we could discuss the quests to assure them better, instead.
I'm editing this post with the quests listed (just a small paragraph so you remember them)

EDIT:
The Skull-Headed Hermit - Lone Cubone
A Cubone fights you in a canyon you crossed. He's damn strong, he wins, takes you backpack, searches for something, doesn't find it, throw it away with one random item lost. You talk to townsfolk, find out that musical instruments are disappearing, mainly flutes. You find the unique Cubone again in the forest stealing a kid's flute, you fight him. If you win you get the flute and the Cubone's stolen items (TM's, HM's) as well as the one he stole from you. If you lose, the kid escapes with the flute successfully. Once again you will find Cubone there if you wait and come back again.

The Gargantuan Fish - Lake Gyarados
The fishermen tell you about a enormous fish. If you fish you will fight with a Gyarados. He's damn strong, he wins. You talk to the townsfolk and they say that this fish may be the Sea Behemoth that was asleep. You talk to other townsfolk and find out about the cavern under the lake. You go through this cavern and you discover that there is a Venusaur in the depths of the tunnels. The poison he'd lay on the water bothered the Gyarados. You fight Venusaur and get TM's, HM'S if you win. Now the Gyarados is calm. His level is lower, you can fight him normally and even capture it.

to be edited...

That would be interesting. I don't know if you want to force the player to loose, but maybe you could change the pokemon a little to make them better - like making the gyaradose water/dragon, a sexy elemental combination that really means no weaknesses, a much better improvement from a x4 weakness to lightning and probably the reason he is part flying (well, it's still weak to dragon, but if your only using R/B/Y moves for the first release of the map dragon rage is set damage). I always wanted the Marowak at the top of pokemon tower that was Ghost/Ground to, but the freaking battle counted it as a trainer when I tried throwing master-balls at it :(
I'm sure that road is worth looking into, maybe you could even all be incorporated into the storyline as chasing these unusual and improved pokemon, and secede in capturing them at the end, incorporating them into your dream team. That way you could all turn at least 1 of your favorite pokemon in to a powerhouse worth using :)

With the pokemon you picked for your favorites maybe each of you could be the champion of a different level tier of pokemon. Like maybe Yixx as project leader could be the final boss of a level 100 stadium/battletower, and the rest could be at a level convenient for their favorite pokemon choice to dominate.
I have actually seen a cuebone powered up with the bone club item it can get in G/S, and boosted with a few belly drums to max out its attack score, do so much damage against a pikachu the damage value exceeded that of the value programmers ever considered an attack being able to do, causing the program that calculates damage to loose the epic number and role over, resting the attack to deal 1 damage to the pikachu. So cuebone powns in the level 5 petite cup in stadium, you just have to be careful not to go overboard with boosting him up :)

Oh, I just remembered. One interesting spot, at least in terms of putting yourselves in the game, is the celedon mansion in pokemon R/B/Y. On the second floor their are a group of designers working in front of computers, and when you talk to them they introduce themselves and tell you their job. One of the guys is the programmer, one is the artist, one is the director.

Just throwing out ideas. Really bored. Really, really bored.

Level 17
if you are bored, go make some shit in wc3 or Gimp, thats what i always do..
I mean.. My entire part of the team in the diablo3warcraft map started with that i was bored and posted a lot and started to work on the inventory system cus i had nothing to do, if you go and do something nice, you might contribute, and that is not a lie.
It might happen ;)

You never knows..

That would be interesting. I don't know if you want to force the player to loose, but maybe you could change the pokemon a little to make them better - like making the gyaradose water/dragon, a sexy elemental combination that really means no weaknesses, a much better improvement from a x4 weakness to lightning and probably the reason he is part flying (well, it's still weak to dragon, but if your only using R/B/Y moves for the first release of the map dragon rage is set damage). I always wanted the Marowak at the top of pokemon tower that was Ghost/Ground to, but the freaking battle counted it as a trainer when I tried throwing master-balls at it :(
I'm sure that road is worth looking into, maybe you could even all be incorporated into the storyline as chasing these unusual and improved pokemon, and secede in capturing them at the end, incorporating them into your dream team. That way you could all turn at least 1 of your favorite pokemon in to a powerhouse worth using :)

With the pokemon you picked for your favorites maybe each of you could be the champion of a different level tier of pokemon. Like maybe Yixx as project leader could be the final boss of a level 100 stadium/battletower, and the rest could be at a level convenient for their favorite pokemon choice to dominate.
I have actually seen a cuebone powered up with the bone club item it can get in G/S, and boosted with a few belly drums to max out its attack score, do so much damage against a pikachu the damage value exceeded that of the value programmers ever considered an attack being able to do, causing the program that calculates damage to loose the epic number and role over, resting the attack to deal 1 damage to the pikachu. So cuebone powns in the level 5 petite cup in stadium, you just have to be careful not to go overboard with boosting him up :)

Oh, I just remembered. One interesting spot, at least in terms of putting yourselves in the game, is the celedon mansion in pokemon R/B/Y. On the second floor their are a group of designers working in front of computers, and when you talk to them they introduce themselves and tell you their job. One of the guys is the programmer, one is the artist, one is the director.

Just throwing out ideas. Really bored. Really, really bored.
OMG OMG OMG im da artist! =D
About the quests, actually it was supposed to be pretty much like that, until Darkxs came up with this 'trainer' idea that pisses me off - sorry...it does. It's plain boring. PLAIN BORING. BOOOAAARING.
The quests with epic cinematics are something unique and give the player THRILL, what a RPG requires. This trainer shit is just a bunch of... trainers... that you can find between cities and etc. I know you can fit them in the storyline but... they are human. There is nothing impressing about them. Thinking machiavellic pokemon are cooler.
Another problem of this trainer thing is that the thread became a "Pick Your Pokemon" spam of 3 or more pages.

Level 7
Okay now HC first of all it was Wazzz and Yixx's idea (They came up with it now long time ago) Second I accepted that I idea was LAME and dropped it. But suddenly everyone (Even you) Began to talk about there Pokemon set up partys.
Back to the subject which programs do you (HappyCockroach) use to create those awsome Pokemon models of yours?

Hmm I see. Well I was asked about my party and I answered, but I wasn't agree with the idea.

About the models, thank you,
I use 3dsmax5 + Blizzard Art Tools + Magos Model Editor
GIMP 2 for the textures.

3dsmax5 is rather hard to find nowadays, the blizzard art tools are found everywhere for download, but they are a plug-in for 3dsmax 4-5. Magos Model Editor is to end the model up, with the last details, you can download it in THW.
You already know the GIMP right? =P

Level 7
Of cause I know GIMP ;P I am try to learn more from the program so I can make more and more free-hand.
About the model stuff I don't know where to get 3dsmax5 and aren't you supposed to pay for it?

Level 35
HappyCockroach said:
About the quests, actually it was supposed to be pretty much like that, until Darkxs came up with this 'trainer' idea that pisses me off - sorry...it does. It's plain boring. PLAIN BORING. BOOOAAARING.

Well, if you prefer, we could simply exclude you from that process xD

The reason for us being trainers is so that we build an awesome party that we would use each so we know what would be great for the Ultimate Trainers.

Status
Not open for further replies.