• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phone recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I've had my phone since 2008 and I think its about time for a new one and I was thinking about getting a smartphone,
the problem is that I have no experience with smartphones and the amount of phones out there is overwhelming. :vw_death:

Things I value:
Battery Life
Media (Music is what I mostly use my phone for)
Camera

Things I also prefer
Design
Small Size
Reasonable Price

What I am currently interested in:
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_wildfire_s-review-598.php
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_mini-review-634.php

Both got their pros and cons which the other one doesn't have. The main problem is that they are getting older (htc May 2011 and SE August 2011)
and I can't find any information if there is going to be a new version coming out soon. I can afford around double the price of these ones (Iphone is overkill for my needs anyway :p).

So if you have any recommendations on these or other similar smartphones please leave a reply. :wink:

Level 11
Nokia 3310

DSC00499.jpg

Its my old Nokia <3

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Sony Ericsson Walkman series are good for music on the go. Battery life is generally good on Sony Ericsson phones in the first place. No idea what's up to date and new, though.

Level 11
Sony Ericsson Walkman series are good for music on the go. Battery life is generally good on Sony Ericsson phones in the first place. No idea what's up to date and new, though.

I think the Walkman series are dead. :(

@Lautanen You Finns really like that phone :)

Anyway I think I'm gonna get http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_mini_pro-3713.php instead of the other two now. According to PhoneArena.com the htc phone got some issues with its "Enter key" position being to close to the home button.

And as the thread title says, feel free to leave recommendations, tips or suggestions. :)

Level 22
SE sucks, I have one. Go Nokia. For my needs however, which are running some DOS games and watching videos in AVI or MPG format and hardly any music I'd go for a Smartphone since I prefer keyboard than getting my screen with dirt every time meh touchpads/ipads/iphones.

Level 11
Just dont use SE Z series (I have 530). Idk Xperia and such but as some say Nokia is better, any of the new nokia.

This one?
1613d1197466225-sony-ericsson-z530i-phone-user-manual-guide-sony-ericsson-w300-4.jpg

Well its not much to go on when it comes to smartphones actually, I got a SE G502 and I cant find much wrong about it, the FastPort sucks monkey balls but otherwise its good.

And I'm very skeptical about getting a Nokia, some realtives bought Nokia smartphones and they had troubles with them. Maybe they have improved the newer versions though...

And stop posting Nokia jokes, they are good but old.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I like those old Nokia phones, I have one from like 2002 odd and it still functions after being through the washing mashine a couple of times and being bashed around at Highschool for 4 years and 3 years of university. Who the hell cares that it can not show a dancing monkey when one of them will last most of your life.

I've had something like 20 phones so far, and trust me, the best ones were the 3210, 3310 and my current one (since it's the first one I own which is actually a smartphone).

I'd say:
1st: 3210
2nd: 3310.

They will teach you how to write SMS like a beast.

But, besides our recommendations, what do you even have available? Do you buy them without carrier, do you get them with contracts etc.? Because that leaves you with just a few models to choose from.

Level 11
The phones that are available here is almost the same as the rest of the market and I do not have any telephone contracts so I am free to buy anything. The only limit is the price, I do not want to use all my money on an Iphone for example as I am saving for other stuff too. So I am looking for moderate priced phone that doesn't fail me as soon as I turn it on.

any recommendations on these or other similar smartphones
I know how reliable the other phones are but I am looking for a smartphone, not an old Nokia.

Level 6
The phones that are available here is almost the same as the rest of the market and I do not have any telephone contracts so I am free to buy anything. The only limit is the price, I do not want to use all my money on an Iphone for example as I am saving for other stuff too. So I am looking for moderate priced phone that doesn't fail me as soon as I turn it on.

I know how reliable the other phones are but I am looking for a smartphone, not an old Nokia.

Nokia Lumia 900

Level 11
The price is okay for HTC ChaCha and I guess its a good phone. QWERTY keys is a good thing about it and it got the 3,5 mm requirement.
The only down side I can see is that the battery life seems low and the Facebook button. I'm very casual when it comes to Facebook usage.

Thanks for the tip :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.