• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phone Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hello, I am looking for a new phone and was wondering if anybody can suggest any cheapish ($50-$175) touchscreen phones for me. I buy the phone outright. I am here because I don't know much about phones.

My previous phone: http://www.mymobiles.com/phones/nokia/5800-xpressmusic

The phone is simply for calls, text, photos, GPS and music. I do not intend on using the internet or gaming apps.

• Just like to mention that Iphones break if you drop them 10 cm's off the ground. Stupid. My old phone was sturdy.

• I like how there is no sync program to my old phone like Itunes (Apple) or Keys (Samsung). Easy to tranfer via bluetooth or USB.

• I hope the calls are clear because my current phone is not. I find it difficult to understand people over the phone despite full reception.

• My old phone was 3.2' large. I'm not a big fan of those huge phones.

Thanks very much. Be nice if any1 could help me out.

Edit: Oh, and I was hoping to stay with Virgin Mobile, so the phone would need to be unlocked? Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 14
For that budget I'd recommend a Chinese Anrdoid such as ZTE Blade III. I don't know about that particular model, but the original Blade was quite popular budget phone some time ago.
It has some nice features for that price such as 1 GHz Snapdragon processor.

Level 16

Looked up that phone. I like it expect for the slide keyboard. I have never been a fan of them sorry. Pherhaps a similar one would suit.

I really like this phone: http://www.nokia.com/au-en/products/phone/311/specifications/

However, it's camera isn't too flash apparently. Does anybody know how often Nokia release new phones? Pherhaps a newer model will improve on this model.

Edit: My old phone advertised free GPS so I didn't worry about fees. How is GPS charged on other phones? I don't want unexpected bills

Last edited:
Level 16
How much does that cost?

The Nokia is $128 from JB HI FI. It would be perfect if it had a better camera. The current camera doesnt have flash I dont think. I also don't know how to judge the quality of a camera if anyone can fill me out on that. The only specs listed are Megapixels and resolution. Different phones with the same specs differ in picture quality though!

superior hardware compared to that

Just remember, its not all about hardware. Software is important too, by which I mean OS and GUI. I do like Nokia's because they are simple to use and I have never had problems with my previous Nokias. Not that I'm not open to new phones though.

Level 16
I'd buy a Windows Phone, but that's just me.

I liked the look of the Windows phones, and was willing to change from my Nokia to it, however I researched a few major problems.

You cannot transfer files via USB or Bluetooth. You are forced to use a stupid program called "Zune". This is just like the iPhone and iTunes setup. This new marketing scheme makes me sick to be honest. Hate it, lol. At least this is the case with the phones that I have looked into.

Status
Not open for further replies.