• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phoenix Trial #6 Poll

Vote for your favourite:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
140841-albums1858-picture16913.png

icons_5544_btn.jpg
icons_5365_btn.jpg
icons_3348_btn.jpg
icons_3301_btn.jpg
icons_3266_btn.jpg

(Header icons made by CRAZYRUSSIAN)

Phoenix Trial #6 Poll

Each contestant's aim was the creation of 4 item icons representing a chosen theme.
The individual theme was chosen by each contestant on his/her own, this chosen theme had to apply for all 4 icons.

• Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes.
  • Voters voilating these rules will be severely punished.

Judges:

• General Frank
  • Enjoy

ContestantSubmission
Stanakin SkywalkerMiscellaneous trinkets
UnholyDobryDwarven tools
Army-of-PandasIcecrown regalia
DevineAudio Devices
PalaslayerNight Elf hero weaponry
DentothorJapanesse weaponset
KolaEnchanted daggers
Mr.GoblinDruid's item pack
Pyramidhe@dFleshy leechy itemset

Last edited:
Level 26
Stanakin wins for having a brilliant theme. The bonsai baby thing is awesome, Tuskarr sculpture too.

Pyra, yours was nice, but methinks the colours were a tad too desaturated. In WC3 all things are bright and cheery and chirpy and faggy, but yours are mayhaps too grim.

Devine, too scratchy. And midgety. Seriously dude, your icons are like half empty.

Dentothor, fan is nice, others too scratchy or have wobbly shapes.

Kola, blurry.

Palaslayer, nice. But the glow is too monochrome. Moar colours pl0x.

Goblin, nice. Cool colour variation and all.

Level 25
Pyramidhead get my vote for Originality and style and a unique theme.
Stanakin comes second for me because of that clockwork peon, the baby in the bottle is what made his second to Pyra for me.
Pala comes third, his Icons are epic but not unique.
its just my taste :/

Level 18
I like Pyramidhe@d's icons, but I think they wont really fit in with a Warcraft theme.
Army-of-Pandas' icons and Palaslayer's icons are nice, but I think I have seen too many of those before, atleast that's how it feels to me.
Mr.Goblin's icons and Stanakin Skywalker's icons both look great, but I think Stanaki's icons are a little bit more original.

My results:
1. Stanakin Skywalker
2. Mr.Goblin
3. Pyramidhe@d

Last edited:
Level 16
A long deliberation, but finally I've decided on:-

1st- Mr Goblin. ( A bit sub-real and cartoony, but showcasing style and brilliant colours makes this set my favourite)

2nd- Stanakin (A little too free-style perhaps as a theme choice, but the brilliant ice sculpture and the hilarious LoaS nearly got my vote)

3rd- Palaslayer (I always had a weakness for well drawn weapon icons with kick-ass BG)

Honorable mentions- UnholyDobry one of the best 'golden' icons I've seen, and Pyramidhe@d for the unmatchable realism.

Level 49
My vote goes for Stanakin Skywalker. Quite the original theme he got there!

Second comes Pyramidhe@d, awesome colors - and they also have that gruesome feeling to them, very awesome.

Third place for me is Mr.Goblin... I would vote for him if the items were a little more original, and maybe a little more WC3'ish.

However, all of the entries were awesome, so good job everybody!

Level 24
My vote goes to MrGoblin, his style is as epic as ever. I like how the icons turned out and i think they fit wc3 very well.
Second place is Stanakin, his theme was really creative and the icons are well made. Keep on submitting such work!
Third place, dunno, maybe Dentothor, i really like his icons this time. Pyra's just were so monotone.

Level 18
Current Scores

First place:
Stanakin Skywalker, Mr.Goblin, Pyramidhe@d (Tied)

Second place:
Army-of-Pandas, Palaslayer (Tied)

Third place:
UnholyDobry, Devine, Dentothor, Kola (Tied)

Close this poll, skip the judge ratings and go to giving away icons to all? xD
Ok I'm kidding.

Well good luck to all!
I guess it's up to the judges to decide.

Level 15
I liked most of the entries and gotta say gj there

Mr.Goblins Druid pack looks great but i soehow dislike the mushroom and the staff looks a bit strange .. dunno, but still awesome

Pyramidhe@ds icons look nice but theres not much variation.. even they are different as possible.. but still 4 leechworms

Stanakin Skywalker got my vote, funny theme and greatly done

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Mr.Goblin's pack gets my vote. Every icon is detailed and possesses a glow that doesn't leave them standing in the void. Just how I like them.

P.S. – Congratulations to all the competitors. The submissions are indeed high quality. It is a pity we don't get to see more of this high quality work when there is no prize to fight for.

Level 2
I voted for Stanakin.

Because I think that the theme is awfully original, and the execution is excellent :)

Level 26
God this is a tough vote, Id say its close between stanakin, goblin and pyramid. Quite frankly, id say stanakin had better icons. The cartoon style and nonsensical theme was charming, Mr.Goblin's for some reason looked a little grainy or something :( it pains me to say, but they werent his bestest icons. Pyramid had nice icons but they were completely pink and red. Monochromatic color schemes are nice, but i dont feel that it would work very well for an icon. Theme wise however, I think Mr.goblin won, his icons fit his druid theme very well (and yes the book works, because it could be an herbalism book) Pyramid didnt post a theme :( and stanakin's theme didnt quite work, because i can think of a few uses for those icons (e.g. the "tuskar ice sculpture could in fact be a tuskar ghost, and the clockwork peon could be made by an extremely simple model edit combining the peon and the clockwork goblin).... But anywho, there were some great submissions, Keep on drawing everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.