• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pausing and Playing a Cinematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I was wondering if it's possible to make a set of triggers that allows you to press a key (any key will do) during a cinematic and have that cinematic pause. Then, there would be a trigger that resumes the cinematic when you press that key again. Any ideas on how to do this (preferably in GUI)?

Thanks in advance

Level 3
I tried the dialog idea, but when I pressed Resume, you could move the camera around until the next Apply Camera action. Can I prevent that from happening?

Thanks

EDIT: Disregard the above; I figured it out. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Level 24
The problem with dialogs is that the music would keep on going, which could make the music end before cinematic or scene is over, and the music would be out of sync with the actual cinematic. So you should probably try and find some way to pause the music as well, or when resume is clicked send the music back to the place it was when it was paused.

The problem with dialogs is that the music would keep on going, which could make the music end before cinematic or scene is over, and the music would be out of sync with the actual cinematic. So you should probably try and find some way to pause the music as well, or when resume is clicked send the music back to the place it was when it was paused.

You can pause a sound as far as I know.

If not in GUI then probably JASS because I remember some function that allowed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.