• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Pause cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Is there a way to pause a unit's cooldown? Neither pause unit nor hide unit pause the cooldown, so I wonder if it is possible. I need this so the abilities do not cool down during cinematics.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
If it is not possible, I will have to reset cooldown after the cinematics, so the cooldown is equal regardless of whether you skip the cinematic or not.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Thanks for the link. If I understood it correctly, this replaces an ability with spell shield, which then shows the cooldown.
So when casting an ability I would save the cooldown duration. If the cooldown should be paused I save the remaining duration and if the cooldown should be resumed replace the ability with the dummy cooldown ability using this system.

Should work, but I think in my case it's just not worth it to use such a system, as it's only for cinematics.

Well there are more methods depending on how many abilities there are that need to be paused. The cooldown of any ability can be changed through changing it's level with the proper data entered into object editor. However that might be a problem for 100+ abilities, currently the only known way for a easy mode cooldown pause is memory bug and if it isn't patched already it will be soon.

Though if you don't mind the cooldown indicator model not displaying you could pick from a variety of methods to use like silence or a upgrade/tech requirement.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Thanks for your suggestions, but I don't want to invest so much for getting so little.
Would be a lot abilities to pause so probably not that good of an idea.

There won't be much cinematics during the game anyways. For me it's just important that nobody has an advantage or disadvantage because of watching/skipping a cinematic.
Resetting cooldown at the end of the cinematic will be fair and won't make that much of difference. My cooldowns are not that long.

Though if you don't mind the cooldown indicator model not displaying you could pick from a variety of methods to use like silence or a upgrade/tech requirement.
I am trying to keep the map as close to the warcraft mechanics as possible, so this would not be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.